Algoritm : new FM synth from RS

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

16 Feb 2021

Um so it looks like your post got deleted joey?

SebAudio

16 Feb 2021

hurricane wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Really can't wait to see the shitstorm when Algoritm releases at a price between $149-$199 with no intro. :thumbup:
I think it’ll be at the same price as Parsec : 129€

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

SebAudio wrote:
16 Feb 2021
I think it’ll be at the same price as Parsec : 129€
Yeah forgot about the price of Parsec, was thinking Friktion was £99 but you've got a point.

antic604

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Don't you all find it a bit conspicuous that we get a sneak peak of the new synth at the same time we find out that licensing might not be getting the same levels of updates and support that subscribers will.
What?! Where? :shock:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

challism

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
lol no not Billy÷ or Billy? Billy+ thanks. I take it all the spam has been dealt with today! Now you're all just having fun.
Yes, just having fun. I wouldn't dare change your username.
antic604 wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Don't you all find it a bit conspicuous that we get a sneak peak of the new synth at the same time we find out that licensing might not be getting the same levels of updates and support that subscribers will.

yeah, I missed that, too. Looking for it. Do you have a link?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
It was initially posted here :- viewtopic.php?p=542820#p542820

But it's right on the front page at ReasonStudios. I think we're all waiting for James to turn up.

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

Goto https://www.reasonstudios.com and scroll to the bottom
You will see this
IMG_2499.PNG
IMG_2499.PNG (205.3 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
Now I didn't start this, it was posted earlier today, I'm assuming it's been there since day 1.

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

I'm assuming that it's this line that got it all started again, and I would guess these last few posts from me should be moved into the chaos thread rather than here... I think one giant thread is enough.

"You can either buy a perpetual license for the current version of Reason – or subscribe to Reason+ and always have access to the latest version of Reason, all our instruments and effects and Sound Packs."

guitfnky

16 Feb 2021

12 months of support? so if you upgrade on day one and they still put out new versions every year and a half or more, you stand to lose support for the last third or more of the current version?

man, they’re really good at making themselves look corporate, these days. 🙄

at least they’re not hiding the purchase option in some obscure corner of the site, I guess.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

antic604

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Goto https://www.reasonstudios.com and scroll to the bottom
You will see this

IMG_2499.PNG

Now I didn't start this, it was posted earlier today, I'm assuming it's been there since day 1.
Oh, it was non-existent anyway :puf_bigsmile:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

bangaio

16 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
16 Feb 2021

So why are you posting in this thread?
It's not the same team that works on REs and the DAW. It's not either or, or so we're told.

I fear you may be overestimating the size of the development team there. When props were props it was.a fairly small outfit and my understanding is that it still is. I do hope the daw “team” (person) is hard at work!

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

challism wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Yes, just having fun. I wouldn't dare change your username.
If you're really interested in who's the best mod I could start a poll?
Obviously I wouldn't get to vote so as not to start a trend and I see none of you actually adopted the new tag line.

Life as a moderator is like a tree full of monkeys, the monkeys at the top look down and see smiley happy faces but the monkeys at the bottom look up and see nothing but a**holes :o

guitfnky

16 Feb 2021

bangaio wrote:
16 Feb 2021
antic604 wrote:
16 Feb 2021

So why are you posting in this thread?
It's not the same team that works on REs and the DAW. It's not either or, or so we're told.

I fear you may be overestimating the size of the development team there. When props were props it was.a fairly small outfit and my understanding is that it still is. I do hope the daw “team” (person) is hard at work!
they were saying last year was one of their best, from what I recall. and Reason+ is supposed to allow them to expand what they’re able to deliver. I sure hope they’ve got a growing team of people working on it.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Lol yeah. I was trying to be funny and then decided it might be taken the wrong way. But you beat me to it, so there it is lol

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Lol yeah. I was trying to be funny and then decided it might be taken the wrong way. But you beat me to it, so there it is lol
Um.... then I'm guessing you would rather that I didn't quote you? Should I remove it!
Wouldn't what you being forced into community service for the next two weeks.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021

Um.... then I'm guessing you would rather that I didn't quote you? Should I remove it!
No it is fine. And we are perpetually in community service. Perpetually.

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021

No it is fine. And we are perpetually in community service. Perpetually.
I could always change it to
joeyluck wrote: Something really funny, and not for the first time
:lol:

arnigretar

16 Feb 2021

Thought this was coming later this year... surprisingly soon. but maybe it's great. i'm excited, being an fm lover - and at least we get to try it free for a month (unless that's taken off as well).
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

arnigretar wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Thought this was coming later this year... surprisingly soon. but maybe it's great. i'm excited, being an fm lover - and at least we get to try it free for a month (unless that's taken off as well).
No, they said a new synth was coming in March. An actual update to Reason proper is coming later this year, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

arnigretar

16 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
arnigretar wrote:
16 Feb 2021
No, they said a new synth was coming in March. An actual update to Reason proper is coming later this year, though.
oh yes, that's true! new synth in march and Reason 12 later this year! So much going on in Reason world in 21... you kinda get distracted :lol:
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

PhillipOrdonez

16 Feb 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy÷ wrote:
16 Feb 2021

It's in the chaos thread but this is the image being referenced to.

IMG_2499.PNG
My guess is that that means they will be releasing a major version every year now, and obviously you can't expect older versions to get the new stuff therefore not supported anymore in the sense that they will not work more on them... I see nothing wrong with that. Do you, Billy÷?
Apparently this got lost in between the ÷ - and ? nonsense.

Would be great to hear from them directly confirming whether it is the case or if something more sinister is on the line.

hurricane
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
hurricane wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Really can't wait to see the shitstorm when Algoritm releases at a price between $149-$199 with no intro. :thumbup:
Now you say that but I've been thinking for awhile now that the RS rack extensions are a potential leverage point for us who prefer to own stuff..

I guess we will all have to wait and see! :?
Upgrade prices are going to increase, synth prices should also increase. I mean, they have to make you see the value of a subscription.

I do expect a discount for owners of PX7 though. So the new discount price will be $99 for us guyz.

I don't think they have solid, strategic plans though. Seems to me like they're just winging it. So, who knows...
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

hurricane wrote:
16 Feb 2021
I do expect a discount for owners of PX7 though.
Not sure why us PX7 owners would be "owed" a discount just because we got PX7 at some point in the past. Makes no sense.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

hurricane wrote:
16 Feb 2021

Upgrade prices are going to increase, synth prices should also increase. I mean, they have to make you see the value of a subscription.

I do expect a discount for owners of PX7 though. So the new discount price will be $99 for us guyz.

I don't think they have solid, strategic plans though. Seems to me like they're just winging it. So, who knows...
I'm more convinced that upgrades would cost about the same as usual as nothing extra is going to be included.

I definitely don't think PX7 owner would be getting any discount. It's not like Parsec then Parsec 2.

As for strategy in business, everything is fluid, you have to change to accommodate an ever changing economy trying to seek out any potential source of revenue.

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Feb 2021

guitfnky wrote:
16 Feb 2021
12 months of support? so if you upgrade on day one and they still put out new versions every year and a half or more, you stand to lose support for the last third or more of the current version?

man, they’re really good at making themselves look corporate, these days. 🙄

at least they’re not hiding the purchase option in some obscure corner of the site, I guess.
This definitely points to an annual upgrade cycle like Bitwig.

I've said this elsewhere, but I'd bet on the new annual upgrade being touted as a "lower price" of only $99 instead of $129, with the unspoken math being that now you're paying $200 every two years instead of $130.

• Information