Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
6%

Total votes: 497
Yonatan

16 Feb 2021

Reason+. 07.38.29.png
Reason+. 07.38.29.png (205.3 KiB) Viewed 3357 times

Popey
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2021

Yonatan wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Reason+. 07.38.29.png

I assume this is from reason website but could not find it when looked and just see reason for £309. I was trying to find out some clarity on exactly what 12 months support for perpetual owners included.

Perhaps james from reason studios can clarify.

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2021

Yonatan wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Reason+. 07.38.29.png
I think to say that Reason+ comes with Sound Packs could be misleading for first time buyers.

They should mentioned that both plus and Reason 11 comes with a heck of a lot of patches and samples.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

WillyOD

16 Feb 2021

Yonatan wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Reason+. 07.38.29.png
Ouch. I really find it funny yet super-fitting that they offer "support" only for subscribers.

(Yes there is 12 month support but what does that even mean, after a year we're on our own? Feels like a decade already since They cared)
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Yonatan

16 Feb 2021

WillyOD wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Yonatan wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Reason+. 07.38.29.png
Ouch. I really find it funny yet super-fitting that they offer "support" only for subscribers.

(Yes there is 12 month support but what does that even mean, after a year we're on our own? Feels like a decade already since They cared)
I wonder also what 12 months support mean. Maybe the plan from now on is to have one upgrade per year?

moneykube

16 Feb 2021

how about 12 months support starting when the current version functions as it should without a multitude of bugs that never should have been a thing... and not support as a way and means to find and correct bugs in their coding( that IS what beta testing is for > correct?)... but true support >>>which should imo be perpetual and not for a limited time.( if indeed they address the support question in a timely manner... which is not often the case) Wow... so we get 12 months of support from purchase date with a flawed program...that is just another slap in the face.....fix the 4 or more "current bugs" and then perhaps12 month support ( although most companies offer support for their products in a much more generous way)
Another step backward imo.SMH :thumbs_down:
WillyOD wrote:
16 Feb 2021
^^^^ this :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

Counterpoint: 12 months of support is common in the software world. It’s laughably unreasonable to expect free support forever.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

16 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Counterpoint: 12 months of support is common in the software world. It’s laughably unreasonable to expect free support forever.
sure >once it all works as advertised... I can accept that( but not until it does) That is not an unreasonable expectation imo
never expected free support forever lol... just proper support when the program works as it is said to work.
Again the changed terms you buy as is >come into effect... seems dishonest to me.
Last edited by moneykube on 16 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

If you read the terms of service of other DAWs, they are mostly the same.

They are just trying to highlight the fact that Reason+ means you always have the latest version.

moneykube

16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021

They are just trying to highlight the fact that Reason+ means you always have the latest version.
which is great.... but said current version should not be full of bugs on every release> as has been THE recurrent theme on releases.
It affects all + users as well.That can not be a positive thing for them or anyone >including RS.

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

So if we want bug fixes like the current RAM bug we're going to have to subscribe?

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
16 Feb 2021
EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
sure >once it all works as advertised... I can accept that( but not until it does) That is not an unreasonable expectation imo
never expected free support forever lol... just proper support when the program works as it is said to work.
Again the changed terms you buy as is >come into effect... seems dishonest to me.
joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021

^^ AND THIS ^^
moneykube wrote:
16 Feb 2021
which is great.... but said current version should not be full of bugs on every release> as has been THE recurrent theme on releases.
It affects all + users as well.That can not be a positive thing for them or anyone >including RS.
If what you buy gives you 12 months of free support, then during those 12 months you will get free maintenance updates to address any bugs. Why would you expect to receive support past those 12 months, bugs notwithstanding? Yeah, it sucks that on month 13 there might still be a lingering bug, but your options are clear: revert back to the last version in that 12 month period prior that works for you, or buy another 12 months license.

Or subscribe.

Yeah, it's not ideal, but this is the new normal. Get used to it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
So if we want bug fixes like the current RAM bug we're going to have to subscribe?
Nope!

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
No, it's been mentioned already that RS is working on a maintenance update to fix it, and I'm fairly certain it'll get sent down the stable channel for perpetual license holders that were affected. But had this bug happened 12 months from now, for perpetual license holders that bought a license after the announcement of R+, I'd say that's a very good question.

Maybe RS/James Pember can clarify...

moneykube

16 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Yeah, it's not ideal, but this is the new normal. Get used to it.
:lol: not ideal is an understatement.... oh well... not going to argue with you... little point in that
Have an awesome day. :exclamation:
BTW... What is the pervious version of 11 that does not have bugs?...
a question that has been asked by others , that I have seemed to have missed the answer to... if there was indeed an answer.

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

I wonder if this was planned from the beginning or is it yet another way to "incentivise" the subscription?

I'm never going to pay monthly for software that I don't own, never ever.

I would be happy to pay monthly for ownership but not for support :lol: if we can actually call it support as that's always been a bit of a standing joke for most long term owners "perpetual license holders" I mean just look through the post in here over the year!

but even the slightest notion that bug fixes won't be included is just outrageous.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
I wonder if this was planned from the beginning or is it yet another way to "incentivise" the subscription?
Have you ever read the terms of service? Have you ever read it for any software you own?

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

moneykube wrote:
16 Feb 2021
:lol: not ideal is an understatement.... oh well... not going to argue with you... little point in that
Have an awesome day. :exclamation:
You as well! :exclamation:
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
I seriously doubt bugs were planned. They happen, is all. And while some think this is the buggiest Reason release ever, I'd wager that the handful of people who are affected and pointing it out here represent a very small sample pool. I'm not seeing the social networking channels lit up with bug reports, anyway.

I suspect these bugs will be fixed and fixed soon. Time will tell.

EnochLight

16 Feb 2021

:lol: :clap:

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Have you ever read the terms of service? Have you ever read it for any software you own?
Well not really it's just not something most people would do, normally we put our trust in the company and deal with the problems as and when.

But it looks like Logic provides updates for life all for a nice little sum of £200, Serum is the same and Spire also gives lifetime updates and support so it's not unheard of for software providers to be trustworthy which when I first brought into Reason was fairly obvious and up until the last few weeks I would have stated as a positive.

Now either someone just likes hyping the market or lockdown has driven them all crazy.

Billy+

16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Oh I thought Billy was referring to the 12 months, not the introducing of bugs on purpose lol
I would never suggest bugs being introduced on purpose?

I'm asking for clarification on fixing bugs.

The posted image says you get a current version as a perpetual license and seems to suggest that it's the old sold as seen disclaimer

Where as subscribers get the latest most up to date version?

As things stand then we all have the same version but it 12 months perpetual owners would somehow stop getting updates? I'm not saying this is the case but that's what the image seems to sugges?

I would say someone from RS should clarify what all this means but I think we can already see what's going on!

Adobe disclaimer if you can't read this line it's your fault. :lol:
Last edited by Billy+ on 16 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

moneykube

16 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
you mean the terms they keep changing unannounced?
How often are we expected to continually read the terms to notice the changes slipped in?
YES I read the terms... and have posted the terms and terms with changes :exclamation:
Last edited by moneykube on 16 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021

Well not really it's just not something most people would do, normally we put our trust in the company and deal with the problems as and when.

But it looks like Logic provides updates for life all for a nice little sum of £200, Serum is the same and Spire also gives lifetime updates and support so it's not unheard of for software providers to be trustworthy which when I first brought into Reason was fairly obvious and up until the last few weeks I would have stated as a positive.

Now either someone just likes hyping the market or lockdown has driven them all crazy.
Logic provides updates to a single version of the software. And even though each version has a long life, new versions are eventually released. But Logic is a different beast, funded by a trillion dollar company. They also don't provide support for Logic 9...

Serum and Spire are single synths, mostly single products, and mostly unchanging.

Expectations just have to be set at a certain point for more complex software. If you want Reason Studios to keep supporting Reason 10, Reason 9 , Reason 8, and so on, for life...good luck with the features you want!

joeyluck

16 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Feb 2021
joeyluck wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Oh I thought Billy was referring to the 12 months, not the introducing of bugs on purpose lol
I would never suggest bugs being introduced on purpose?

I'm asking for clarification on fixing bugs.

The posted image says you get a current version as a perpetual license and seems to suggest that it the old sold as seen disclaimer

Where as subscribers get the latest most up to date version?

As things stand then we all have the same version but it 12 months perpetual owners would somehow stop getting updates? I'm not saying this is the case but that's what the image seems to sugges?

I would say someone from RS should clarify what all this means but I think we can already see what's going on!

Adobe disclaimer if you can't read this line it's your fault. :lol:
Here is Reason some other examples:

Reason Studios
https://www.reasonstudios.com/agreements
The Software is being delivered to you AS IS and Reason Studios makes no warranty other than that the Software shall conform to the specifications in the documentation during a warranty period of twelve months from delivery. Reason Studios will only remedy deviations from the specification providing that the deviation substantially affects your use of the Software. Reason Studios may under such circumstances choose to replace your copy of the Software with a new one.
Cubase
http://ftp.qbssoftware.com/public/eula/Cubase.pdf
You can only receive support, upgrades and updates following the personal product registration. Support is provided only for the current version and for the previous version during one year after publication of the new version. Steinberg can modify and partly or completely adjust the extent of the support (hotline, fora on the website etc.), upgrades and updates at any time.
Ableton
https://www.ableton.com/en/eula/
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, AND ACCURACY IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND...
Presonus
https://www.presonus.com/eula
PreSonus makes no warranty that the Product or your ability to use it will be uninterrupted or error-free. PreSonus has taken all reasonable steps to keep its Products free of viruses, spyware, "back door" entrances, or any other harmful code. The Product(s) will not download or install patches, upgrades, or any third-party products without getting your permission. We will not intentionally deprive you of your ability to use any features of the Product(s) or access to Your Content.

THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED "AS IS"...

• Information