Klerhaim Anyone?

Discuss VST stuff here!
ulaw

12 Feb 2021

https://eplex7.com/klerhaim-n1-analog-v ... nthesizer/

I just grabbed a copy of this, waiting on delivery. Haven't been this excited for a VST in quite a while.

Thought I'd point it out, as there's a sale for the first 100 copies for anyone else who wants to take a peek.

Noise
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2021

Downloading the demo, hope it's blows my socks off : ].
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

raymondh

12 Feb 2021

I tried the demo and decided it wasn't for me.

There is no doubt it creates a big 'in your face' detuned distorted analog monosynth sound well. But it is very gritty and characterful, and really a one trick pony IMO.
The basic saw waveform with no saturation or modulation is still fairly dirty and seems to have a big bass boost. And there's some bugs (switch from 24 to 12 db filter and it crashed). And no pitch or modulation wheel.

I think I'm more critical here because of their marketing claim that 99.5% of other analog emulations are "far from real analog hardware synths (sounding sterile, digital, cold, boring, robotic, uniformly, numb and sharp)." and that this emulation was based on 5 different instruments rather than one model, and don't believe other manufacturers marketing B.S etc.

... a bit rich if you ask me! If they hadn't run down the competition I'd probably have been more supportive!

It definitely creates a certain vintage sound really really well, and would be good as an old-skool bass synth, so if you like their youtube video, then definitely worth it at the intro price.

joeyluck

12 Feb 2021

I saw this and wanted to give it a try, but it is Windows only. The marketing claims for it are definitely cringe worthy, but got my attention lol. I'm sure the synth community at large will let their opinions be known soon, if not already. That kind of marketing can be very bad if the product can't back up the claims.

I'm intertested to know what the .5% of software analog synth emulations that this dev doesn't think are trash...

raymondh

12 Feb 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Feb 2021
I'm intertested to know what the .5% of software analog synth emulations that this dev doesn't think are trash...
Haha yeah exactly!

Presumably they'll eventually port to Apple platform, but I think you can achieve similar results with other synths. This is worth a watch:

ulaw

12 Feb 2021

I have a feeling the .5 percent they're referring to is a reference to The Legend, and whatever Urs Heckman put out lately.
I recall Urs going off about his engineering simulation of something to create Diva, and Repro back before he left the RE scene.
I know Synapse put out some extremely high quality simulations as well, and have been struggling not to buy their whole getup!

Anyway, I don't own any of those within Reason, or Urs' fantastic lineup.
This was a nice little addition to my Reaper VST kit for some analog growl, at the introductory rate! lol

raymondh

12 Feb 2021

ulaw wrote:
12 Feb 2021
I have a feeling the .5 percent they're referring to is a reference to The Legend, and whatever Urs Heckman put out lately.
I recall Urs going off about his engineering simulation of something to create Diva, and Repro back before he left the RE scene.
I know Synapse put out some extremely high quality simulations as well, and have been struggling not to buy their whole getup!

Anyway, I don't own any of those within Reason, or Urs' fantastic lineup.
This was a nice little addition to my Reaper VST kit for some analog growl, at the introductory rate! lol
Yep u-he and Synapse have awesome emulations.
So do Roland, TAL and Blamsoft.
All of these have s/w that sounds as hardware analog as my Sirin or JX-8P.

ulaw

13 Feb 2021

So after giving it a good spin, it definitely does more than bass tones. It's excellent for that old school mono synth flavor, and I'm having fun with the limitations. Can't wait to see what 20 instances in a track can do, lol.

doctecazoid

13 Feb 2021

Impulse purchase, intro price attractive, bold claims. I am not disappointed. I have both the Arturia Mini V and the Synapse Legend; to my ears the Klerhaim has a beefier, chunkier sound. It reminds me of the Moog Source (which I owned back in the day) but with a little more character. No Mod Wheel but it does have Pitch Bend (fixed value of a fifth). Dropping one into a Combinator opens up more more mod & control parameters to play with. Very meat & potatoes analog, just add a little line noise & 60 cycle hum for that authentic late '70s synth sound.

• Information