Audiogridder?

Discuss VST stuff here!
slightlyprog

12 Feb 2021

As above, 'anyone using it? I did searches and nothing came up! I cannot imagine it has not been mentioned on here.

I have just started playing around with it and it kinda works but... there are problems. (Reason 10 running in win 7 pro, server on win 10 machine)

DaveyG

13 Feb 2021

It's a solution to a problem that mostly does not exist any more. Modern 'pooters can run loads or tacks and plugins. If they start running out of steam you just freeze a few tracks (or render them to audio in DAWs that lack the Freeze feature - are you reading RS???)

Even in projects with loads of tracks you are usually only working on a handful at once.

slightlyprog

13 Feb 2021

What is RS ?

xylyx

13 Feb 2021

Reason Studios

slightlyprog

13 Feb 2021

Thanks DaveyG and xylyx - I didn't see anything about Audiogridder on the Reason Studios website. So if there's some fount of wisdom at 'RS', pertinent to my question, I did not see it. :shock:

Although I appreciate anyone wanting to be helpful in earnest - I'm not a newbie and I am extremely well aware of the workflow of printing tracks etc.

Soooo, my question is only aimed at people that have used Audiogridder. :puf_smile:

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

13 Feb 2021

We've started to look into this since we a) use a NAS for our ilok, Codemeter key and USB-thumbdrive (for Waves) so we can plug in thee keys 'virtually' anywhere on the planet as long as the NAS is running well and b) we've still got a TC Powercore PCIe + X8 on our main system and want to test Audiogridder to run Powercore plugins remotely

If B) works then the world is literally our oyster, we'll report back if this does work too

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

14 Feb 2021

Ok quite surprisingly we got a TC Virus Powercore (jbridged) running through Audiogridder on our main maschine as a server and via a laptop client in another room, wireless mind and we were surprised by the initial booting up ofthe plugin controls and dsound - there was some lag though so if you ethernet up everywhere that hould be a lot better, but its a great step in the right direction so we can use our TC hardware (and Focusrite LiquidMix hopefully)

Have found a bit foa bug when we 'maximized' the plugin editor window due to popup menus overlapping in places (offscreen), as AudioGridder seems to work like Remote Desktop, which is cool but we think that when we maximized to a 4k view this is causing plugin editor wondow hangs. So it's close but once you get a 'bad' connection seems that you can't load other plugins again until everything fully restarted.

slightlyprog

15 Feb 2021

Well, sounds good so far. At least we know it is working in Reason. I think the problems I am having are with the network, but that's very outside of my area of expertise.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

15 Feb 2021

We use Virtualhere and install on our systems the same plugins, so we shouldn't have any issues with the software side of things. Virtualhere allows us to use our dongles remotely anywhere on the planet (we've paid for a no-ip dns which makes hunting our keys across the web easier). We cant use hardware based instruments / effects though like Audiograbber, so was worth a shot at least

slightlyprog

16 Feb 2021

OK, I think the issue on my setup was just due to the buffer size in Reason, Increasing it to 1024 has made a world of difference and AG is now running smoothly. AG is set at 2 blocks (21ms) :puf_smile:

• Information