What would make you consider Reason+ sub?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

What would make you consider Reason+ sub?

Exclusive DAW features
4%
Inclusion of 3rd party REs
7%
Inclusion of Refills
3%
Partial rent-to-own (i.e. % of sub payments accrue as store credit)
17%
Tiered price (e.g. 10 for just the DAW, 15 DAW+REs, 20 DAW+REs+sound packs)
7%
Lower price altogether
14%
Nothing. I would never use Reason+
48%

Total votes: 306
froggo_gfx

11 Feb 2021

Proboscis wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Bro... really ? I would vote 'nothing', because that's my position. I equally stand by that on 'rent-to-own' as well.

My answer is:

No.

Nothing.

Never.

Any SaaS or Layaway model that requires a monthly direct debit to my bank account does not work for me.

To suggest that folks like me refrain from voting is trying to skew the poll results.
I’ve already sort of replied to similar post.
While yes the underlying accusation in my post was uncalled for, the message itself stays the same: the result of you voting “Nothing” is literally nothing. You might as well not vote at all. There’s nothing constructive about sticking it to RS while they still doing their thing completely unaffected.

DaveyG

11 Feb 2021

It's hard for most Reason owners to get excited about Reason+ today because it really does not offer much above what we already own. However, when Reason 12 drops and there are maybe a couple more REs in the R+ offering than are included in R12 then the numbers might make a bit more sense. They really should have waited until R12 was ready before launching R+.

Tiny Montgomery

11 Feb 2021

DaveyG wrote:
11 Feb 2021
It's hard for most Reason owners to get excited about Reason+ today because it really does not offer much above what we already own. However, when Reason 12 drops and there are maybe a couple more REs in the R+ offering than are included in R12 then the numbers might make a bit more sense. They really should have waited until R12 was ready before launching R+.
Im on the free trial and this is what im thinking too. The thing thats caught mt attention is Friktion (and the way it was used in R+ soundpacks to be fair) so I can just get that next time its on sale right...? And Im likely to pay for a R12 upgrade when it drops particularly if its a sale rather than wait. So its basically the sound packs (which we keep) and this new FM synth that's coming that Im getting temporarily. On the other hand I can afford the half price trial (Im lucky enough to still be in in a job and you tend to save money when you no longer have to go to an office) and it might be a bit of fun and novelty for a year. Would not sub at current full price for sure.

TheChad

11 Feb 2021

jamespember wrote:
10 Feb 2021
TheChad wrote:
09 Feb 2021
The biggest negative to Reason+ right now, for me, is no offline authorization. If they added the ability for it to only require, for example, a once or twice a month "phone home" to authorize offline usage I'd be in for that. In the meantime I'll carry on with my upgrading my perpetual licenses.
Yes, we have stated publicly we will add something like this to Reason+. Will keep you in the loop as to timelines.
That's fantastic, I must have missed that statement. Great to know! I've been a Reason user since v3 and you all have always been excellent, hence why I'm still here at v11. Thank you!

ulaw

11 Feb 2021

The biggest problem is the money hole. You don't even wind up with a *ANY* version of Reason after a year. This is the only issue in my head.
I agree that they needed to 'diversify' their onboarding procedures and revenue streams, which they did; but owning absolutely nothing after paying for a year of Reason is retarded at the end of the day.

They need to grant you a perpetual license at the end of the year, for at least a freaking 'intro' copy that lets you use your hard earned crap, and open your hard work projects to at least listen to and export.

Right now the subscription model makes absolutely no sense, and equates to a net loss for anyone who owns any version of reason. The store credit idea is ridiculous. Accruing towards a 'fallback license after a year' makes a lot more sense.

Kategra

11 Feb 2021

The biggest negative (for me) is the price. 240 EUR is too expensive to pay each year. I'm not interested in the sound packs, but would probably enjoy some of the devices I don't have.
I'm on R10 and will probably upgrade to R12 if they offer more workflow improvements and new core DAW functionalities.

I think that offering the possibility of subscribing is good for RS and also for us consumers because it's good to have more options and choose the best individual fit. GG

Faastwalker

11 Feb 2021

What would Reason+ sub make you consider?

Buying more hardware! :P (Euro Rack case takes another step closer to being full :| )

Billy+

11 Feb 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
11 Feb 2021
What would Reason+ sub make you consider?

Buying more hardware! :P (Euro Rack case takes another step closer to being full :| )
Apple Logic...

Yonatan

12 Feb 2021

Kategra wrote:
11 Feb 2021
The biggest negative (for me) is the price. 240 EUR is too expensive to pay each year. I'm not interested in the sound packs, but would probably enjoy some of the devices I don't have.
I'm on R10 and will probably upgrade to R12 if they offer more workflow improvements and new core DAW functionalities.

I think that offering the possibility of subscribing is good for RS and also for us consumers because it's good to have more options and choose the best individual fit. GG
I think a really great offer that would have been a lot more welcomed would be if the Reason+ 1 year 50% off subscription for lets say R10 and R11 users (as those should be more committed ones) would include a license for R12 when it arrives later in the year, so that they can try out the new subscription with its RE:s and soundpacks for the price of a regular upgrade, and still keep up-to-date on their perpetual license once subscription ends. The goodwill of such deal would bring good vibes and probably the users would pick up some RE:s in the regular sales, as they get to try them out in the subscription, if they want to be sure to own the most useful stuff.

The thing now is that RS are announcing €19.99 "You can cancel anytime".
But why then sign up for 1 year, then you cannot cancel anytime and it is not much of a difference than buying as a rent to own, and thus a 1 year plan would have to include some extra bonuses of some sort. It is kind of a bad thing to pay for 1 year subscription and get nothing in return. 50% off for existing Reason users is a bare minimum. At least it should give 50% off the R12 perpetual license as well as 50% off all RS Rack Extensions, celebrating first year. And I imagine the pace of updats etc, will not be so far from before now at the beginning, it will be a trial and error period the first year, a kind of beta-testing of the service, and RS should be eager to get trusted users compelled to get onboard to bring the service forward, and after 1 year things could have been able to propel as revenue have gathered and RS could bring the update speed up when hiring new staff and coders etc.

owlymane

12 Feb 2021

I gave myself some time to think. Although I am now a full time FL Studio user and barely use Reason, I'd definitely consider subscribing if and only if:

- They focus on the DAW and give us DAW features + workflow improvements every month

- We (users) make a list of DAW feature requests and we create a voting system. The most voted is the feature that will be released next month (Only subscribers are allowed to vote)

- If other REs can't be included in the subscription service, then at least subscribers have a monthly discount on ANY RE

This plus what's already included in the subscription, would most definitely make me subscribe eyes closed.

Carpainter

12 Feb 2021

The only way I'd subscribe to Reason+ is if the yearly subscription included a permanent upgrade to the latest version of Reason (possibly a lite version) sans Reason+ perks. Leaving people hanging after they paid for a year's worth of Reason+ would be a bad mistake.

Oh, and they would have to reopen the official forum. Otherwise, no dice.

linusminus

13 Feb 2021

That they actually start updating the DAW instead of adding new devices like they've been doing the past 10 years.

Barriott

14 Feb 2021

Yeah. Updating the DAW is s must!

WOO

15 Feb 2021

When they offer to start selling reason 11 suite to us loyal customers again with the 30% OFF price, for those of us that were waiting on a ver 12 suite. I think it was pretty lowdown of them to not give us a heads up that there was never going to be a 12 suite. I wonder how many more copies they would have sold had we known. Money left on the table boys!

Billy+

15 Feb 2021

WOO wrote:
15 Feb 2021
When they offer to start selling reason 11 suite to us loyal customers again with the 30% OFF price, for those of us that were waiting on a ver 12 suite. I think it was pretty lowdown of them to not give us a heads up that there was never going to be a 12 suite. I wonder how many more copies they would have sold had we known. Money left on the table boys!

Hurry if you want it there's only one left last one
IMG_2496.PNG
IMG_2496.PNG (957.49 KiB) Viewed 2451 times

Billy+

15 Feb 2021

Looks like there's more available here :- https://www.thomann.de/gb/reason_studio ... pgrade.htm

And it's really cheap!
IMG_2497.PNG
IMG_2497.PNG (872.94 KiB) Viewed 2447 times

joeyluck

15 Feb 2021

WOO wrote:
15 Feb 2021
Well from day 1 of Reason Suite 11's release, when people asked, they at least said, "We don't know if there will be a Suite 12". So if you took that as a reason to bank on them releasing a Suite 12, you can't really blame them.

That and as it's been stated around here, Suite is available through most retailers still (as long as they have the stock). So that's the heads up to buy it if you want it :-)

Guitar Center has the boxed versions for cheap (1 day left on that sale):
https://www.guitarcenter.com/search?typ ... ason+suite

Sweetwater:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... n-download

Billy+

15 Feb 2021

Hey did I miss something?

Was just reading the sales bumf and saw this line....
IMG_2498.JPG
IMG_2498.JPG (10.68 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
:lol:

I don't recall any revamping in the workflow!

aftrshok99

15 Feb 2021

Lower monthly price if I’m being honest!
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

joeyluck

15 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
15 Feb 2021
Hey did I miss something?

Was just reading the sales bumf and saw this line....

IMG_2498.JPG
:lol:

I don't recall any revamping in the workflow!
Perhaps the shop you are viewing tried to create their own wording?

R11 includes the RRP. I guess if you are a Reason user working in another DAW, that certainly is a revamped workflow. There also was a number of workflow enhancements in R11... But yeah, I don't see that in the description in these other shops.

Billy+

15 Feb 2021

It's from this post :- viewtopic.php?p=542789#p542789

And yes it's from gear4music defiantly trying to over sell it I'm thinking.

antic604

16 Feb 2021

owlymane wrote:
12 Feb 2021
- They focus on the DAW and give us DAW features + workflow improvements every month[/color]
That's not realistic for any DAW.

Bitwig for example releases 2-4 big updates every year and they're each preceeded by 4-6 week public beta. If it was any more frequent you'd be in constant beta cycle, which isn't ideal.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

PSoames

16 Feb 2021

Unfortunately, my trust in this company has gone so further investment in their products will be minimal.

With no real improvement on the sequencer side of the software and the emergence of Reason Rack during the last release, better, safer and more future proof options for me have presented themselves.

This leg of the journey is at an end, but the exploration matures and becomes ever more wonderful.

bangaio

16 Feb 2021

PSoames wrote:
16 Feb 2021
Unfortunately, my trust in this company has gone so further investment in their products will be minimal.

With no real improvement on the sequencer side of the software and the emergence of Reason Rack during the last release, better, safer and more future proof options for me have presented themselves.

This leg of the journey is at an end, but the exploration matures and becomes ever more wonderful.
I’m with you 100% on this. Propellerhead was an open company who were transparent about the way they worked and pushed out some revolutionary software. These days of you camp are them to others on the market they are now as reason studios opaque, secretive, alienating, and in some people’s eyes deceitful.

Compare them to say Ableton who openly trail the updates moths before release, run conferences for their users, push out different and really innovative guides and tutorials from a really wide ranges of users.

Today I got an email from reason studios about a me too alike video with producers using some stupid sound pack I have no internet in. I’ll be hanging onto my studio license for the time being in the hope that 12 is a game changer but I don’t want sound packs, or more devices, I don’t want companion apps or ways to sound like me quicker than ever. I want a modern sequencer/daw or whatever you’d like to call it that builds in some of the workflow benefits others have seen in the last 10 years or so.

WOO

16 Feb 2021

Thanks for the heads up gentlemen. Just purchased it for $168 YEA!!

• Information