Boutique FX Vol.2

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
chaosroyale

09 Feb 2021

Thanks to the extremely positive feedback from Volume 1...it's time for another set of boutique/analog/lo-fi style effects from Chaos FX.

The perfect companion to Volume 1, with the same easy-to-use "expensive guitar pedal" feeling and atmospheric sound. As usual, they will be perfect for abstract hip-hop, shoegazing indie, experimental techno, avant-pop, all that kind of stuff, but you will doubtless find your own ways to use them.

You can get both Vol.1 and Vol.2 on my FX page for 15 USD each (use the paypal buttons)
https://chaosmusick.com/chaosfx/

After purchasing, you will receive a ZIP file with a PDF of the manual, and 2 folders of .cmb files. (Insert FX combinators, and Send FX combinators).
(Due to time-zone differences there may be a few hours delay, but you will receive a reply within 1 day.)

Here is the thread for Vol.1, you can see the very positive customer reviews. Anyone who hasn't got Vol.1 yet - you are missing out!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521040

The effects list from the manual is attached below:
Attachments
bfx vol2 manual2.jpg
bfx vol2 manual2.jpg (269.71 KiB) Viewed 750 times
bfx vol2 manual3.jpg
bfx vol2 manual3.jpg (287.59 KiB) Viewed 750 times

Ottostrom

10 Feb 2021

Another great pack from Chaos FX :)

A lot of options for beefing up sounds or adding some very organic movement.
PsychoFuzz is the best fuzz effect I've used in Reason and combined with the Dark Unicorn delay + Freeze verb from Vol. 1 gives you a very usable and flexible Shoegaze guitar setup.

The combo which seems to work great on most melodic sounds are LTL + Lo-fi Chorus which gives a lot of character.
I'm also chucking Grunt on everything in need of a fuller sound because it can really bring out a nice low end body.

Here I have two examples I made in the first night of using the new pack:

This one came out of nowhere but I love the result! So many layers are brought out from the initial loop

And here is more of a normal use case for me, where the base sound is alright but missing that extra feel

chaosroyale

11 Feb 2021

Woah! I love this "riff" you (accidentally ?) created!! It just needs a gloomy English girl and a vintage leather jacket!

A: What was the effect chain there, psychofuzz > vibrafilter > deep space??

B: Can I put a link to this loop on my official FX page?
Ottostrom wrote:
10 Feb 2021

This one came out of nowhere but I love the result! So many layers are brought out from the initial loop

Ottostrom

11 Feb 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
11 Feb 2021
Woah! I love this "riff" you (accidentally ?) created!! It just needs a gloomy English girl and a vintage leather jacket!

A: What was the effect chain there, psychofuzz > vibrafilter > deep space??

B: Can I put a link to this loop on my official FX page?
Ottostrom wrote:
10 Feb 2021

Thanks!
I used LTL to balance the overall frequencies, Grunt to bring out the fat low end, Vibrafilter for the layered movement, Psychofuzz for crispness and a Magical Dub was somewhere in there too :) But only Vol. 2 was used.

Had no plans for this loop and just wanted to see what the effects could do. Grunt was already there making it more brutal and when I threw Vibrafilter into the mix everything became clear lol.

You can definitely link it on the page :thumbs_up:

teddymcw

27 Feb 2021

This stuff is truly great, the explanations from a pro really help someone who is learning like me know when how to begin to add "salt to taste" and to what rather than go ballistic which is sooo easy to do in Reason in particular imo. Definitely sending me down the more Royal road than that of Chaos haha. Will look forward to more in depth review once I manage enough time to really dig in to real tracks. Thank you!

• Information