Boutique FX Vol.1 by Chaos FX

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
chaosroyale

24 Jan 2021

The testing and tweaking will take a while..so maybe I should have said the "Development" stage is 99% done.

Most of these effects are based on combinators that I already use in my work. I already had most of them ready to go, same as Vol.1. The time-consuming part is 2 things.

A: making the interface as friendly as possible for many different users who want to use them in a variety of ways in various genres.
B: checking there are no unexpected glitches, volume jumps, cut-outs, etc, when using every possible combination of controls.

The "tweaking" part can take a long time. But I expect that Vol.2 will be out mid-February.
Ottostrom wrote:
24 Jan 2021
chaosroyale wrote:
22 Jan 2021
Boutique FX Vol.2 is 99% finished! I am making the manual and doing a little bit of final testing. I think the quality of Vol.2 is just as high if not higher.
Hot damn, Vol.2 is happening and its almost finished! :D
I don't think it comes as a big surprise when I say I'm absolutely getting it. Knowing how big of a cut paypal takes when doing business over it I fully understand the price change and I think its very justified.

Can't wait to try out your new effects!

artmessiah

25 Jan 2021

I bought Vol 1 and it's awesome. The price change to $15 is absolutely fine for all the work put into it. Maybe try gumroad in the future tho. Not as immediate as paypal but no fees are taken :) Cheers!

moneykube

25 Jan 2021

will attempt to check volume 1 asap... been learning the ins and outs of my new Arturia controller and working on a demo for SKP that has turned into a collaboration ! From all the good reviews... I am anxious to test the refill :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

chaosroyale

26 Jan 2021

Thanks for the feedback! Thanks also for the advice about "paypal" alternatives, I thought about it, but despite the fees Paypal is very accessible for everyone and is so recognizable, it has a kind of built-in trust factor (despite their sometimes sketchy attitude) so I'll stick with it for now.
artmessiah wrote:
25 Jan 2021
I bought Vol 1 and it's awesome. The price change to $15 is absolutely fine for all the work put into it. Maybe try gumroad in the future tho. Not as immediate as paypal but no fees are taken :) Cheers!

chaosroyale

27 Jan 2021

I was going to post some updates about Vol.2, but the news about the subscription service blew up, so maybe this is not a good time ;)

Basically, when the dust clears and everyone -hopefully- realizes they can keep using Reason the same as before, I will post some information about Vol.2!!

Ottostrom

27 Jan 2021

Its funny how news about Vol. 2 is actually more exciting than Reason+ :lol:

chaosroyale

02 Feb 2021

Here is a sneak peek at the manual for Vol.2 - it should be out in less than a week. I will post a Vol.2 thread at that time. (seems like I cannot edit the title and top post of this thread so I will just link them to each other somehow)
bfx vol2 manual2.jpg
bfx vol2 manual2.jpg (294.79 KiB) Viewed 641 times
bfx vol2 manual3.jpg
bfx vol2 manual3.jpg (301.97 KiB) Viewed 641 times

Ottostrom

03 Feb 2021

Man, what an excellent selection!
Page 1 are all the effects I hoped to see and page 2 is filled with very intriguing stuff (appreciate the Vaporwave Radio cause what you said in the description is very accurate lol).

I'm already using Vol. 1 all over my production so I'm really looking forward to the release :)

chaosroyale

08 Feb 2021

Here is a really simple demo of a couple of nice and easy FX combinations.

moneykube

08 Feb 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Its funny how news about Vol. 2 is actually more exciting than Reason+ :lol:
it is indeed... looking forward to the release
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

chaosroyale

09 Feb 2021

I will make a Vol.2 Thread in a day or so.

• Information