Ekssperimental Sounds Drumsyn in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2021

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lost Dog

05 Feb 2021

C'mon Mr Figg, on my payday too, pls stop posting these gorgeous items :p

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2021

Lost Dog wrote:
05 Feb 2021
I really like this one. I’ve had it going from 80s pow pow to tribal Psychick Warriors ov Gaia and that’s only in the last half hour.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lost Dog

05 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Lost Dog wrote:
05 Feb 2021
I really like this one. I’ve had it going from 80s pow pow to tribal Psychick Warriors ov Gaia and that’s only in the last half hour.
Could you tell what machine it is based on, my knowledge of drum machines is not too good, mainly a synth guy growing up, but would like to find out the history of the device.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2021

Lost Dog wrote:
05 Feb 2021
MrFigg wrote:
05 Feb 2021

Could you tell what machine it is based on, my knowledge of drum machines is not too good, mainly a synth guy growing up, but would like to find out the history of the device.
Must be inspired by the Pearl Syncussion-1

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lost Dog

05 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
05 Feb 2021
Lost Dog wrote:
05 Feb 2021

Must be inspired by the Pearl Syncussion-1

Hey that's awesome, many thanks for posting back, quite the piece of kit, will give the demo a go, thanks again :thumbs_up:

Adabler
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2021

Fantastic sounding and looks great!
:reason: 12, Win10

geronimo

05 Feb 2021

+ 1 _ Image

Faastwalker

05 Feb 2021

Holy s**t balls! That's bloody awesome. INSTA BUY! I didn't even hit TRY. Just bought it. I think I've only ever done that 1 or 2 times before. Very well done ;)

And the Pearl Syncussion SY-1 it’s based on - never ever seen one of those. But the demo video above is amazing. Behringer, where you at?! :D

rcbuse
RE Developer

06 Feb 2021

Oh nice! Man, I had Syncussion on my todo list forever. This is fantastic.

fieldframe
RE Developer

06 Feb 2021

Really nice to see more percussive synthesis in Reason! The FSB and the shop are overflowing with samples, but drum synths have been too few and far between.

Lost Dog

07 Feb 2021

Well it's funny sometimes that how you don't realise that you don't have something until you try it out...
Thank you MrFigg for bringing this to my attention and to Erik for creating it, a great item, purchased!!!

Data_Shrine

07 Feb 2021

fieldframe wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Really nice to see more percussive synthesis in Reason! The FSB and the shop are overflowing with samples, but drum synths have been too few and far between.
I agree it's nice to see such a release. However in the manual it's written that it was made with the Gorilla Engine, and on the web page for said thing, it states that it's for making sample-based VST & plug-in instruments. So it makes me wonder if it's actually synthesis ?

Loque

07 Feb 2021

Data_Shrine wrote:
07 Feb 2021
fieldframe wrote:
06 Feb 2021
I agree it's nice to see such a release. However in the manual it's written that it was made with the Gorilla Engine, and on the web page for said thing, it states that it's for making sample-based VST & plug-in instruments. So it makes me wonder if it's actually synthesis ?
Curious what you expect with "synthesis"?
Reason12, Win10

ekss
RE Developer

07 Feb 2021

Data_Shrine wrote:
07 Feb 2021
fieldframe wrote:
06 Feb 2021
Yes, it's actual synthesis - GE has several different types of oscillators to use as a synth engine. I think in the early days of IDT it was only sample based but it has since then grown. :thumbup:

VariableX

07 Feb 2021

haven't trialled anything for ages and to be honest have lost my spark for Reason and music in general , its like hard work the last few months just to have fun...
But this has peaked my interest and im looking forward to turning Reason on to check it out 👍🏼

Data_Shrine

07 Feb 2021

Loque wrote:
07 Feb 2021
Data_Shrine wrote:
07 Feb 2021

In a drum machine, I expect that the base-level sounds are not generated by pre-recorded audio samples of other kicks, hats, etc.. I have nothing against samplers or sample-playback drum machines but that's where I make the distinction.

Data_Shrine

07 Feb 2021

ekss wrote:
07 Feb 2021
Data_Shrine wrote:
07 Feb 2021

Yes, it's actual synthesis - GE has several different types of oscillators to use as a synth engine. I think in the early days of IDT it was only sample based but it has since then grown. :thumbup:
Cool thanks for the explanation !

Faastwalker

07 Feb 2021

Data_Shrine wrote:
07 Feb 2021
In the manual it's written that it was made with the Gorilla Engine, and on the web page for said thing, it states that it's for making sample-based VST & plug-in instruments. So it makes me wonder if it's actually synthesis ?
To be honest this is so cool that if it was written in 'Microsoft make your own Rack Extension in your lunch hour' I wouldn't have a problem with that. It looks great, sounds great, works great. It's a near perfect RE as far as I'm concerned. INSTA BUY! Some very good RE's coming from this developer, which is great to see against all the other stuff that's going on with Reason currently.

arnigretar

08 Feb 2021

top work. thanks!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Feb 2021

It looks that finally Basimilus Iteras has an antagonist! NIce!

Faastwalker

11 Feb 2021

Re8et wrote:
11 Feb 2021
It looks that finally Basimilus Iteras has an antagonist! NIce!
I was thinking the same. Hitting this thing with synced modulation is very cool :cool:

SebAudio

16 May 2021

I’ve just trialed it and it’s great ! Only Snares are not to be expected with it. Also it seems more blurried than other RE but I hope it’ll be ok with Reason 12.
Sorry to the dev but in 2021 I can’t see myself buying such a module for 74€ 🙃 but I hope MM will make it mine 🤗

Mataya

16 May 2021

Data_Shrine wrote:
07 Feb 2021
Loque wrote:
07 Feb 2021

In a drum machine, I expect that the base-level sounds are not generated by pre-recorded audio samples of other kicks, hats, etc.. I have nothing against samplers or sample-playback drum machines but that's where I make the distinction.
909 is a blend of synthesis and samples and you can't really say it's not a "true" drum machine.

M

moofi

30 Sep 2021

Funky Machine :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information