File or Directory locked... R11 & Mac 10.15.5

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

03 Feb 2021

Whaaaaaa?

Just trying to get back to working on a song I just saved yesterday... And the authorizer starts up and tells me "file or directory locked"...
Reason opens, but without any REs. Synching all from the website does result in download failed messages for every RE...
WTF?

Any pointers??? Will restart computer now and see...

Upset!

D.
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.48.00.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.48.00.png (221.69 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.47.17.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.47.17.png (227.07 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.45.13.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 11.45.13.png (292.04 KiB) Viewed 1062 times

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2021

Do you have a HDD or an SSD?

eusti

03 Feb 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Do you have a HDD or an SSD?
SSD. The rest of my programs seem to work fine. Restart didn't fix the issue. Just brought up another RE reported broken.
Downloading and installing the latest update now. Will report back.

D.

eusti

03 Feb 2021

Install of latest Reason update didn't fix anything.

All of my REs are missing now. I mean, I could get used to that... Have too much shit anyways... But I have paid for them, so I actually want to use them when I start the program.

D.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2021

🤔

Try to uninstall and reinstall install Reason. Make sure to uninstall codemeter too. And de authorise your computer before uninstalling. See if that works.

eusti

03 Feb 2021

After some behind the scenes communication with Joey I deleted the cache files in the RackExtension folder... After throwing up an "unexpected error" message when synching all from the website all REs are now downloading... Again... :P

D.

eusti

03 Feb 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2021
🤔

Try to uninstall and reinstall install Reason. Make sure to uninstall codemeter too. And de authorise your computer before uninstalling. See if that works.
Thanks. Might do that if the REs don't work after redownloading now...

D.

eusti

03 Feb 2021

Ok. Update: Even though the Authorizer downloaded stuff like crazy most REs don't show. Even RS own REs that I purchased...
Only a few of the player devices and some random other FX REs seem to be installed now...

Unhappy now!

D.

eusti

03 Feb 2021

By the way: Restarting the Authorizer only resulted in it downloading the same REs again with no effect...

D.

joeyluck

03 Feb 2021

Are you still receiving errors when you start Reason? Or does it seem to start fine and REs are just missing? And just to be certain, are those REs in the Rack Extensions folder?

eusti

03 Feb 2021

Still the same error with differing REs: Failed reading RE data...
And yes, the REs are in the RackExtension folder...

D.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2021

Here's a suggestion. Try to uninstall then from authoriser. Or deleting them directly from the folder. Then try installing again. If that doesn't work, I would do what I first suggested.

eusti

03 Feb 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2021
Here's a suggestion. Try to uninstall then from authoriser. Or deleting them directly from the folder. Then try installing again. If that doesn't work, I would do what I first suggested.
Thank you PhillipOrdonez. Will try that later.

D.

eusti

10 Feb 2021

OK. I am finally up and running again.

I deleted everything in my RackExtension folder. Then hit SyncAll via the account page... To my surprise this actually does NOT install all...
I have a lot (too many) REs and it installed about 100 of them each time I hit sync all and restarted Reason. Then still REs were missing that different songs were missing... Show missing REs is only showing a limited amount of them too... Usually just 3... If more are missing you'll have to find out the next time you restart Reason and try to load that song...

I have to say that this experience leaves me quite frustrated and cranky. Authorizer is fiddly in the best of days... This is not costumer friendly at all. :(

D.

K_R33Z3

11 Feb 2021

eusti wrote:
10 Feb 2021

I deleted everything in my RackExtension folder. Then hit SyncAll via the account page... To my surprise this actually does NOT install all...
I have a lot (too many) REs and it installed about 100 of them each time I hit sync all and restarted Reason. Then still REs were missing that different songs were missing... Show missing REs is only showing a limited amount of them too... Usually just 3... If more are missing you'll have to find out the next time you restart Reason and try to load that song...

I have to say that this experience leaves me quite frustrated and cranky. Authorizer is fiddly in the best of days... This is not costumer friendly at all. :(

D.

This Sucks!! And is a MAJOR reason I'm scared to upgrade from reason 10..... I can't imagine losing access to my Rack Extensions.. There needs to be a promise of smooth transition or at least some type of compensation for users who have been paying and upgrading.

Billy+

11 Feb 2021

eusti wrote:
10 Feb 2021

D.
I have to say I personally am in favour of downloadable RE's and license files that I can actually put on a backup disk.

I know on paper it sounds a complete pain in the ass but sometimes especially in situations like this you begin to see that actually it might just work out for the better.

• Information