BeatMap MIDI Out

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
SIDEEYE

30 Jan 2021

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a way to send the four drums in BeatMap to four different MIDI channels. Right now I have kind of a Frankenstein rack to do this, but it's really just four separate BeatMaps instances....would be awesome if I could figure out way to use just one BeatMap!
Attachments
beatmap.png
beatmap.png (590.93 KiB) Viewed 760 times

RoryM0

31 Jan 2021

I don't have Beatmap but there is a gate out for each of the drums I believe? If so you could just use one Beatmap and four midi out devices (each with their own MIDI channel)?

SIDEEYE

02 Feb 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
31 Jan 2021
I don't have Beatmap but there is a gate out for each of the drums I believe? If so you could just use one Beatmap and four midi out devices (each with their own MIDI channel)?
Thanks for the quick reply RoryM0!!!

It looks like it still sends MIDI Out to multiple channels despite routing the individual Gate Outs.

Check out these screenshots - despite the snare track routed to only one MIDI Out device, multiple of them are receiving NOTE date from the snare pattern
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (869.28 KiB) Viewed 729 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (130.27 KiB) Viewed 729 times

orthodox
RE Developer

02 Feb 2021

SIDEEYE wrote:
02 Feb 2021
It looks like it still sends MIDI Out to multiple channels despite routing the individual Gate Outs.
Seems that your uppermost Midi Out device is just the default/dedicated target of the player. Replace it with something else, an ID8 with no audio routed, or an empty Combinator.

• Information