Ekssperimental Sounds WaveMaster in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

rcbuse
RE Developer

01 Feb 2021

Wooo that looks nice

ekss
RE Developer

01 Feb 2021

rcbuse wrote:
01 Feb 2021
Wooo that looks nice
Thanks! :-)

Here's an improvised "walkthrough": https://www.twitch.tv/videos/887396625
No talking, just turning knobs and flippin switches, showing some features and patches.

Yonatan

01 Feb 2021

"All sounds in the demo tracks are made with WaveMaster, including drums, echos and reverbs!"

Love that approach!

Melody303

01 Feb 2021

That's a really good looking GUI, and it's very encouraging to see a 3rd party RE released during these hectic times.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

MannequinRaces

01 Feb 2021

Looks great. Very eye catching!

antic604

01 Feb 2021

Looks awesome! :o

However, if I might have 2 suggestions:
- I'd really love some splash of colour, as there's way too many black / grey devices in Rack :(
- a CV outs for LFOs would be very handy
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

ekss
RE Developer

01 Feb 2021

antic604 wrote:
01 Feb 2021
Looks awesome! :o

However, if I might have 2 suggestions:
- I'd really love some splash of colour, as there's way too many black / grey devices in Rack :(
- a CV outs for LFOs would be very handy
I have something in the works that are much brighter! But yes, that is a good point. – will think of more colorful devices for the future. :puf_smile:

I'm building with IDT/GorillaEngine and CV out's are bit of a hack, EG's are pretty ok, they will be somewhat "smoothed" but LFO's are more tricky, higher rates will be "blurred" and you need to "hack" to make it run constantly, eg. if notes are off. Hoping they will update with better CV out-support in the future!

eusti

01 Feb 2021

On my list! ;)

D.

Re8et
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2021

ekss wrote:
01 Feb 2021
...and you need to "hack" ....
Someone said |"Hack|:"? :thumbup:

nickb523
RE Developer

01 Feb 2021

Nice one Erik. Looking fantastic as usual. Users are in for a treat once the hi-res update drops!

Creativemind

01 Feb 2021

rcbuse wrote:
01 Feb 2021
Wooo that looks nice
Does doesn't it. My first thought was, ooh wish this was hardware lol!

Certainly sounds good from the SoundCloud examples.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Neo

02 Feb 2021

Sounds nice - UI :thumbs_up:

eriksoderberg live stream
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/887396625

What hardware inspired this one?
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Aosta

02 Feb 2021

Looks very interesting :clap:

Wondering if there is going to be a song challenge for this release like the last one?
Think it would do the community some good after recent......occurrences.
:thumbs_up:
Tend the flame

Adabler
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

An incredible looking RE! Great job! Will certainly check this out.
:reason: 12, Win10

ekss
RE Developer

02 Feb 2021

Neo wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Sounds nice - UI :thumbs_up:

eriksoderberg live stream
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/887396625

What hardware inspired this one?
No particular hardware! The inspiration came because I wanted to make an oscillator that could morph seamlessly betwen waveforms and explore how that could be modulated by LFOs and Envelopes. Turned out to be pretty nice so I built it around that idea :)

ekss
RE Developer

02 Feb 2021

Adabler wrote:
02 Feb 2021
An incredible looking RE! Great job! Will certainly check this out.
Thanks!🙏 Hope you like it 😃

ekss
RE Developer

02 Feb 2021

Aosta wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Looks very interesting :clap:

Wondering if there is going to be a song challenge for this release like the last one?
Think it would do the community some good after recent......occurrences.
:thumbs_up:
Maybe a quick one towards the half/end of the month, with super simple rules. I’ll consider this for sure!

Gosh

02 Feb 2021

So, here are the two questions that from now on I have to ask every time I'm interested in a new Rack extension: will it work with Reason 11.3.6 and can it be authorized on my Ignition key?
BTW a very nice RE that I would really like to add to my Ekssperimental Sounds RE collection :clap:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

Gosh wrote:
02 Feb 2021
So, here are the two questions that from now on I have to ask every time I'm interested in a new Rack extension: will it work with Reason 11.3.6 and can it be authorized on my Ignition key?
BTW a very nice RE that I would really like to add to my Ekssperimental Sounds RE collection :clap:
Yes
Yes (at least for now)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ekss
RE Developer

02 Feb 2021

Gosh wrote:
02 Feb 2021
Yes, the RE format is made to function on every coming version of Reason, it's an extremely "safe" format - compare to VST that might stop working when changes happen, like the move from 32 to 64 bit.

RS said something about an end of supporting the ignition key - I believe you will still be able to authorize the computer alongside online verification. Not sure what it means for us with the physical dongle (or balance) - possibly it will work until something changes and that change isn't supported by RS, or they will actively remove that option of authorization in R12.

I just hope they make it possible for +Subscribers to buy 3rd party REs or come up with a smart RTO/Sub solution for +users to take part of the massive amounts of REs in the shop.
Like I was called the other day, I am a "true fanboy" and would really like to see Reason and the RE-scene growing stronger. :geek:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2021

ekss wrote:
02 Feb 2021

RS said something about an end of supporting the ignition key - I believe you will still be able to authorize the computer alongside online verification. Not sure what it means for us with the physical dongle (or balance) - possibly it will work until something changes and that change isn't supported by RS, or they will actively remove that option of authorization in R12.
The option to remove Balance authorization bugged the hell out of me. No warning.One day here the next day gone. It's billed as an Ignition Key in the manual so why remove the option. It wasn't doing them any harm. (Enoch...you don't need to jump in here. I know you want to :) )

I am really hoping the option to authorize an Ignition Key is not removed at the next upgrade. If it is I would hope that some sort of compensation will be offered to those who purchased one recently. (can't remember when they stopped selling them).

Anyway, this is one of the reasons that uncertainty creeps in as to what they'll do next. I don't see any way that the removal of the IK authorization option is for the customers' benefit.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Stygian Abyss

02 Feb 2021

Looks nice, sounds nice according to the demos, and Goa Trance demo, which is rare, is very much appreciated. :clap:
One question: the interface suggests that only the saw waveform can be stacked and detuned. I wonder why, as other waveforms like square and narrow pulse also give interesting results with unison.

Creativemind

02 Feb 2021

Trialling it now. Some really nice presets.

Wish the patches were in categories though. ;)

What sort of sounds d'you think it's best for?

Also wish that RRP was scalable, it's quite small in it. Hope that's fixed along with the Hi-Res.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information