Any ways to key-trigger Run-devices with some CV-trick?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Heigen5

27 Jan 2021

You can key-trigger Thor, but can you trigger lets say Matrix, Synchronous etc. with some kind of a CV-trick as well? (without a need to play sequencer).

orthodox
RE Developer

28 Jan 2021

Synchronous - no.
Matrix can run regardless of the sequencer, and you can trigger the Run button with Remote Override. No other way, afaik.

There is also Polystep Sequencer Player, which you can key-trigger in KEY mode inside a Combinator.

Heigen5

31 Jan 2021

orthodox wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Synchronous - no.
Matrix can run regardless of the sequencer, and you can trigger the Run button with Remote Override. No other way, afaik.

There is also Polystep Sequencer Player, which you can key-trigger in KEY mode inside a Combinator.
That's what I thought. I wish that all the Reason run devices would get updated and key-trigger added to them. Anyway, thanks for confirming this. :puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2021

Directre with whichever key you want assigned to each channel. You even get nice fades in and out which preserve delay and reverb tails.

Edit: oops, thought you meant with a Key on your keyboard.
Last edited by MrFigg on 31 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

deeplink
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2021

Perhaps not key-trigger, but I think you should be able to send the AMOUNT of modulation from the Matrix/CV device through a THOR and out the CV Output.
If you contain the whole thing in a combinator, then you can SCALE the amount of modulation with respect to MIDI GATE.

I think this should kinda work
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Heigen5

31 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jan 2021
Directre with whichever key you want assigned to each channel. You even get nice fades in and out which preserve delay and reverb tails.

I meant key-tiggering the playback of the Run-devices with a midi-keyboard. :puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
31 Jan 2021
MrFigg wrote:
31 Jan 2021

I meant key-tiggering the playback of the Run-devices with a midi-keyboard. :puf_smile:
Exactly...well take a look at DirectRE by Peff. It allows up to 8 channels I Think which can be selected using different keys on your keyboard and gets arounfd the fact the the Run button on Combinators is not automatable.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heigen5

31 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jan 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
31 Jan 2021

Exactly...well take a look at DirectRE by Peff. It allows up to 8 channels I Think which can be selected using different keys on your keyboard and gets arounfd the fact the the Run button on Combinators is not automatable.
It is automatable. But it can't be programmed so you could make key-triggered run-stuff with the Matrix, Synchronous etc. I think if they would do that, it would be awesome. I would not need to press Play to test the patches out then. :puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

31 Jan 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
31 Jan 2021
MrFigg wrote:
31 Jan 2021

It is automatable. But it can't be programmed so you could make key-triggered run-stuff with the Matrix, Synchronous etc. I think if they would do that, it would be awesome. I would not need to press Play to test the patches out then. :puf_smile:
But all you have to do is connect 8 run combis to it, press run on each and then switch between them in DirectRE.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heigen5

01 Feb 2021

MrFigg wrote:
31 Jan 2021
Heigen5 wrote:
31 Jan 2021

But all you have to do is connect 8 run combis to it, press run on each and then switch between them in DirectRE.
The whole thing is that you WOULDN'T need to extra press anything when pressing keys after loading a patch.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Feb 2021

Heigen5 wrote:
01 Feb 2021
MrFigg wrote:
31 Jan 2021

The whole thing is that you WOULDN'T need to extra press anything when pressing keys after loading a patch.
Yeah...but if you start the combi running using the run button you can load new patches and it’ll continue to run right? The key presses just switch the on/off on the DirectRe channels.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heigen5

01 Feb 2021

Yeah, might be a good way for that purpose.
Anyway, the Polystep Sequencer Player might be the best bet like orthodox pointed out.

mjxl

01 Feb 2021

Synchronous you could run by using Europa as the trigger, sending CV out from Env1 with a straight line up.
The combinator can then change the position or phase i think?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2021

Anything that has a remote then you can use CV -> Midi loopback to control it, so things like the run button on Matrix can be control via from CV.

• Information