Link to previous 11.3.6 build

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
That said, I wouldn't mind a shop tab!

As it is now for you, you are going onto the website to choose what REs to download and sync from your account...the same website that hosts the shop.
I actually made the suggestion that the tutorials tab should be an in app store quite some time ago when the tutorials section was taken down for maintenance. It seemed like an easier option to support store access when I started getting issues with Safari when it broke.

EdwardKiy

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
It doesn't double as the shop.
Sorry, maybe it doesn't YET. Pretty sure Mattias and James said that companion is a potentially versatile tool that is being developed to it's potential and that it will be able to do a lot of things, but I may be imagining things. I'm not going to double-check - it's somewhere in the first 30 pages of that thread. Apologies if I got it wrong.

I don't want the shop to become more accessible, because if they get it right, even just scrolling through it can easily become a daily consumerist fetish. I'm already browsing the shop at least once a week, which ... WHY am I doing that? I don't need anything there. I've barely got into using CV and I have more tools than I can possibly learn to use in years to come. I want LESS of these distractions, not more.

As a reason+ user you will be exposed to the shop (I mean companion when they add the shop functionality) at least once a week when you'll be picking up your free sound packs. This will build a habit.

sdst
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2021

thank you, this works perfect

before the cyberpunk

ProfessaKaos

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
jwd606 wrote:
29 Jan 2021
What is the issue with updating to .7/.8?

I did see something mentioned on the long, long thread, but there's too much to go through to find it again.
There is no problem at all.

In preferences you will see an option to launch Companion when Reason is started. This is greyed out if you are not a Reason+ subscriber. If you are not a Reason+ subscriber, you will continue to use Authorizer for now.

This option will still be there in future versions, along with whatever bug fixes and features, and is an option that only applies to Reason+ subscribers.
The problem is your ignition key becomes a dead for of offline authorization?
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

ProfessaKaos wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

There is no problem at all.

In preferences you will see an option to launch Companion when Reason is started. This is greyed out if you are not a Reason+ subscriber. If you are not a Reason+ subscriber, you will continue to use Authorizer for now.

This option will still be there in future versions, along with whatever bug fixes and features, and is an option that only applies to Reason+ subscribers.
No your ignition key will continue to work with R11 if your system remains the same.

The Ignition Key was discontinued officially about a year ago. It doesn't receive support to work on newer systems, such as macOS Big Sur. If you upgrade your OS, then you may find that it doesn't work. Otherwise there is no problem. Mine still works.

moneykube

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
No your ignition key will continue to work with R11 if your system remains the same.
The Ignition Key was discontinued officially about a year ago. It doesn't receive support to work on newer systems, such as macOS Big Sur. If you upgrade your OS, then you may find that it doesn't work. Otherwise there is no problem. Mine still works.
awesome :puf_smile: ... no plans to update to Big Sur anytime in the next year or so.... I find these updates always break things... sticking with Catalina on main computer and Mountain Lion on portable studio laptop
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

DaveyG

30 Jan 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Pretty sure Mattias and James said that companion is a potentially versatile tool that is being developed to it's potential
Wouldn't it be nice if they spent more time developing Reason itself....

ProfessaKaos

30 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
ProfessaKaos wrote:
29 Jan 2021

So you're saying it still works with the latest version of Reason as long as your operating system allows it?
My ignition key works with my operating system at this very moment, so if I update Reason to its latest version the ignition key would still work?
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Luxuria

10 Feb 2021

Bumping this because 11.3.7's "general improvements and fixes" aren't pecifically described and the issues people have been having moving forward.

DecafDreams

10 Feb 2021

Luxuria wrote:
10 Feb 2021
Bumping this because 11.3.7's "general improvements and fixes" aren't pecifically described and the issues people have been having moving forward.
I wouldn't advise using the older version as there are at least 2 serious bugs in there which Reason Studios have yet to address and will need a new build to fix.

PhillipOrdonez

10 Feb 2021

I said it before and reiterate my prediction: companion will be the shop. And I have nothing against that. Sounds great.

sdst
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2021

I installed this version today, man I will not update this version, This is the best

open in seconds everything fast

Billy+

21 Apr 2021

sdst wrote:
21 Apr 2021
I installed this version today, man I will not update this version, This is the best

open in seconds everything fast
Your not alone

I'm still running 11.3.5 and it's the first time since version 1 that I can't bring myself to update even with the known bugs I'm happy to use it as is.

sdst
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
21 Apr 2021
Your not alone

I'm still running 11.3.5 and it's the first time since version 1 that I can't bring myself to update even with the known bugs I'm happy to use it as is.
this version is a gem, the last took more than a minute to open, I don't know why

I keep this :-)

EdwardKiy

04 Jul 2021

Time for an update to this thread, I guess:

As attested to by multiple users on and off this forum, 11.3.6 build version has about half the loading time and stability problems of the current 11.3.9

gullum

04 Jul 2021

Anything that is in preferences do not bother me I usually set my setting once and then never go back in there

• Information