Link to previous 11.3.6 build

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EdwardKiy

29 Jan 2021

If you want to roll back to earlier build version with lower loading time and fewer stability issues, Reason Studios still kindly allow us to do it:

Suite version: https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason-suite1136

Standard version (thank you rgdaniel for the link) : https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1136
Last edited by EdwardKiy on 04 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

tt_lab

29 Jan 2021

Lovely! Thx!

rgdaniel

29 Jan 2021

Here's the link for regular (non-Suite) users:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason1136

Billy+

29 Jan 2021

Someone should probably make this a sticky or maybe Archive it to a trusted source.

jwd606

29 Jan 2021

What is the issue with updating to .7/.8?

I did see something mentioned on the long, long thread, but there's too much to go through to find it again.

Loque

29 Jan 2021

jwd606 wrote:
29 Jan 2021

I did see something mentioned on the long, long thread, but there's too much to go through to find it again.
Nothing.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

jwd606 wrote:
29 Jan 2021

There is no problem at all.

In preferences you will see an option to launch Companion when Reason is started. This is greyed out if you are not a Reason+ subscriber. If you are not a Reason+ subscriber, you will continue to use Authorizer for now.

This option will still be there in future versions, along with whatever bug fixes and features, and is an option that only applies to Reason+ subscribers.

jwd606

29 Jan 2021

Ok, thanks.

EdwardKiy

29 Jan 2021

jwd606 wrote:
29 Jan 2021

.7 will install a greyed-out appendage of an online subscription service into your preferences menu, which was deliberately not mentioned in the patch notes. If you are going to ever use the subscription, then it's nothing.

DecafDreams

29 Jan 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Jan 2021
jwd606 wrote:
29 Jan 2021

.7 will install a greyed-out appendage of an online subscription service into your preferences menu, which was deliberately not mentioned in the patch notes. If you are going to ever use the subscription, then it's nothing.
I don't know why they don't just hide the Reason+ settings completely for those of us who don't need/want to see them.

Skimrok

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
jwd606 wrote:
29 Jan 2021

In preferences you will see an option to launch Companion when Reason is started. This is greyed out if you are not a Reason+ subscriber. If you are not a Reason+ subscriber, you will continue to use Authorizer for now.

This option will still be there in future versions, along with whatever bug fixes and features, and is an option that only applies to Reason+ subscribers.
so what do you mean for now? what's changing then? have i missed somthing? :oops:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

moneykube

29 Jan 2021

thanks ... twice now I have synced racks and new racks through authorizer... it updates licence and then when you open reason again you have to licence your racks a second time... downloading the link as this is quite annoying... and if server goes down as it often does... then what? This needs to be fixed.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Billy+

29 Jan 2021

moneykube wrote:
29 Jan 2021
thanks ... twice now I have synced racks and new racks through authorizer... it updates licence and then when you open reason again you have to licence your racks a second time... downloading the link as this is quite annoying... and if server goes down as it often does... then what? This needs to be fixed.
I'm on the previous version and running on mac but very often had this problem after buying a new RE, "having to sync more than once" however after downloading the latest version of codemeter and authoriser and using Firefox rather than safari it started to work as expected.

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

so what do you mean for now? what's changing then? have i missed somthing? :oops:
Meaning unless you subscribe to R+ which uses Companion or if Companion replaces Authorizer for those using perpetual licenses...

moneykube

29 Jan 2021

guess I will download Firefox to see if that helps... as a perpetual 11 suite owner with the latest software... it seems the only option for now.

Skimrok

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021

Meaning unless you subscribe to R+ which uses Companion or if Companion replaces Authorizer for those using perpetual licenses...
I have mine for offline use ie authorised computer , so that a perpetual license. right ok is there talk they going to get rid of this authorised computer offline or is it second guessing , sorry im asking just this is important for me because I was going to move my computer to a permanent offline place in the house
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

moneykube

29 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

I have mine for offline use ie authorised computer , so that a perpetual license. right ok is there talk they going to get rid of this authorised computer offline or is it second guessing , sorry im asking just this is important for me because I was going to move my computer to a permanent offline place in the house
the million dollar question :lightbulb:

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

You can still authorize your computer. The USB Ignition Key has been discontinued, which means that will no longer receive support. Which I believe only means that it may not work when you are on a newer version of an OS that doesn't support it (I think such as macOS Big Sur).

EdwardKiy

29 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021
When the companion functionality allows, it will replace the authoriser for everyone. For now, companion is only for Reason+ users. My outhouse studio is almost complete, so I was looking for a clean offline build too. Version .7 onward will contain a reminder that you are 'Reason - ' and are missing a world of creative opportunity that's just a click away in a form of a greyed out Reason+ option in your preferences. That's literally what .7 version is - that greyed out option. The patch notes said "general improvements" or something like that.

According to props, the companion app will replace authorizer for everyone by version 12. It will allow offline use, but it's a shop built into the DAW, as if there weren't enough distractions. Hopefully, it will at least be snappier and more convenient than authorizer, but I would rather the latter over a built-in shop. Too bad there won't be an option. Oh well...

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021
When the companion functionality allows, it will replace the authoriser for everyone. For now, companion is only for Reason+ users. My outhouse studio is almost complete, so I was looking for a clean offline build too. Version .7 onward will contain a reminder that you are 'Reason - ' and are missing a world of creative opportunity that's just a click away in a form of a greyed out Reason+ option in your preferences. That's literally what .7 version is - that greyed out option. The patch notes said "general improvements" or something like that.

According to props, the companion app will replace authorizer for everyone by version 12. It will allow offline use, but it's a shop built into the DAW, as if there weren't enough distractions. Hopefully, it will at least be snappier and more convenient than authorizer, but I would rather the latter over a built-in shop. Too bad there won't be an option. Oh well...
Companion is worlds better than Authorizer. I haven't heard anything about a built-in shop? What do you mean? It's also not built into the DAW, it is a companion app, thus the name and the option to launch it when Reason starts.

You can now install/uninstall all of your REs directly from Companion. There are currently two sync all options, one for Reason Studios REs and another separate sync all for all other REs. I'm hoping that we have more flexibility with a selective sync all, but this already a great step in the right direction.

It has a snappy real-time search function. And it also places your REs that aren't installed at the top of the list. So once you get something new, it's there at the top. It's overall a much better experience than Authorizer.

EdwardKiy

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

Companion is worlds better than Authorizer. I haven't heard anything about a built-in shop? What do you mean? It's also not built into the DAW, it is a companion app, thus the name and the option to launch it when Reason starts.

You can now install/uninstall all of your REs directly from Companion. There are currently two sync all options, one for Reason Studios REs and another separate sync all for all other REs. I'm hoping that we have more flexibility with a selective sync all, but this already a great step in the right direction.

It has a snappy real-time search function. And it also places your REs that aren't installed at the top of the list. So once you get something new, it's there at the top. It's overall a much better experience than Authorizer.
I absolutely trust you that it is better than authorizer, but it also doubles as THE SHOP. What I don't like about that is that the shop is a distraction and it shouldn't be easier to buy or download a free sound pack, than it is to change the DAW's buffer size. You see where I'm going with this?

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Jan 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021

I absolutely trust you that it is better than authorizer, but it also doubles as THE SHOP. What I don't like about that is that the shop is a distraction and it shouldn't be easier to buy or download a free sound pack, than it is to change the DAW's buffer size. You see where I'm going with this?
It doesn't double as the shop.

joeyluck

29 Jan 2021

That said, I wouldn't mind a shop tab!

As it is now for you, you are going onto the website to choose what REs to download and sync from your account...the same website that hosts the shop.

Skimrok

29 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021

You can still authorize your computer. The USB Ignition Key has been discontinued, which means that will no longer receive support. Which I believe only means that it may not work when you are on a newer version of an OS that doesn't support it (I think such as macOS Big Sur).
thank you im with you :thumbup: thank you ;)

Skimrok

29 Jan 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Jan 2021
Skimrok wrote:
29 Jan 2021

good luck with your new set up :thumbs_up:

• Information