Reason updates (11.3.7 / 11.3.8) and Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you try or subscribe to Reason+?

No, I won’t even try it
368
74%
I will try it, but the subscription is not for me
48
10%
I will try it and consider subscribing
39
8%
I will likely subscribe monthly
10
2%
I will likely subscribe annually
32
6%
 
Total votes: 497
User avatar
Ottostrom
Posts: 549
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 27 Jan 2021

Aquila wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Just found this whilst snooping around the trial:
Good find! This doesn't seem all that interesting if I'm being honest

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9257
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

For me the most interesting questions is, where am i after paying the subscriptions for 2 years and want to leave it?
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 241
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 27 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2021
For me the most interesting questions is, where am i after paying the subscriptions for 2 years and want to leave it?
You loose your money proberly.......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4.

DaveyG
Posts: 1189
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 27 Jan 2021

Blog article:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/what ... for-reason

"If subscription's not your bag, you'll still be able to buy a traditional Reason license. In fact, we're currently working hard on the next big Reason upgrade for release later this year which will include the mythical hi-res update and many other really exciting features. We'll have more to share about this soon!"

User avatar
Aquila
Posts: 644
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2021
For me the most interesting questions is, where am i after paying the subscriptions for 2 years and want to leave it?
Just like any other sub service. You'd be left with nothing except what you started with.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3836
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

wow, this is...kinda terrible...unless there’s something big still to be revealed on the livestream. had to really look around to find out that they are still selling licenses, although it appears Suite is no longer available.

glad I caved and picked up Suite already. the only additional thing this would have gotten me is <checks notes> Friktion, for <checks notes again> $120 the first year...

$20 a month seems waaaaaaaay too expensive. but hey, at least they got a bunch of youtubers to give some quotes. 🤷🏻‍♂️
3BFF1ED7-F4B0-448E-BF7A-BDAAE5E1E3CD.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2780
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 27 Jan 2021

So I should have not brought anything for the last few years and got it all for £20 a month, I think I will wait till you fix vst midi and pay my £20 then cancel!

Q1) how do I get updates without paying £20 a month?

I've been using Reason since V1 and this is my reward.... rewards I can't use and a £20 a month bill for products I've already paid for?
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

bangaio
Posts: 84
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

I just checked their site too. All I can say is despite getting back on reason after a break as a user since v1 I am out. I love the software but not £20 a month for some sounds. It’s safe to say the company and product I knew is finally gone. Even with 50% in the first year it’s just too much and something I don’t want to pay. I see they are still selling reason standard at £309 though which is tricky to find from their home page which is interesting. I also see rent to own stil exists too.

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 927
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy

Post 27 Jan 2021

No way. Macupdate is a public site and not a violation at all.
guitfnky wrote:
25 Jan 2021
hmm, posting pics of beta info sounds like possibly a violation of an NDA
Last edited by Karim on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: Vers 11.3  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

User avatar
miyaru
Posts: 241
Joined: 28 Oct 2019
Location: Zaanstad, The Netherlands

Post 27 Jan 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jan 2021
So I should have not brought anything for the last few years and got it all for £20 a month, I think I will wait till you fix vst midi and pay my £20 then cancel!

Q1) how do I get updates without paying £20 a month?

I've been using Reason since V1 and this is my reward.... rewards I can't use and a £20 a month bill for products I've already paid for?
Yep, there you go......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason Suite 11, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Korg R3, NI Massive, Rob Papen's Predator 2, Sonarworks Reference 4.

User avatar
Kilsane
Posts: 184
Joined: 15 Sep 2016
Location: Villeneuve saint Georges - France

Post 27 Jan 2021

I think that for a studio pro 19.99 € per month it could possibly be possible, but for a simple amateur like me it is much too expensive to be considered

User avatar
plaamook
Posts: 1690
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Location: Abajo del mar...

Post 27 Jan 2021

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Jan 2021
plasticfractal wrote:
25 Jan 2021
A lot of people here have used their imagination to guess what the update is, and then gotten really mad about it.
This sums up the whole thread perfectly :lol:
There's no use of the word 'Companion' that implies any of the relevant issues with Reason being addressed far's I'm concerned. And I've already got a dog. So this whole thing is likely to be as meaningless a blip for me personally as Midi-Out was. Ain't got hardware. (I was happy for everyone else though)
So I won't be angry. I might be pleasantly surprised.
Or you could say I'm already a bit cheesed off that they've not been spending their time on a great point update (R11 was a bit lack luster tbh) so all that could happen is that later today I will Not be a bit cheesed off.

Anyway, makes a break form all the Covid shenanigans.
You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2448
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 27 Jan 2021

ReasonTalkers!
On your mark, get set, GO
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
craste
Posts: 162
Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK

Post 27 Jan 2021

If this Subscription is mandatory (I don't think it will be) I'm walking away - its too expensive!

Mataya
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 27 Jan 2021

No comment.
Last edited by Mataya on 27 Jan 2021, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3836
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Blog article:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/what ... for-reason

"If subscription's not your bag, you'll still be able to buy a traditional Reason license. In fact, we're currently working hard on the next big Reason upgrade for release later this year which will include the mythical hi-res update and many other really exciting features. We'll have more to share about this soon!"
good find. big takeaway: the hi-res update won’t be a point release, but a paid upgrade to Reason 12 (or whatever they call it).
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
craste
Posts: 162
Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK

Post 27 Jan 2021

DaveyG wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Blog article:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/what ... for-reason

"If subscription's not your bag, you'll still be able to buy a traditional Reason license. In fact, we're currently working hard on the next big Reason upgrade for release later this year which will include the mythical hi-res update and many other really exciting features. We'll have more to share about this soon!"
This is Good - everybody can calm down now!

User avatar
Aquila
Posts: 644
Joined: 21 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

for £20 a month it really needed to offer pretty much every rack extension available, but looking around the Companion I could only see a couple non-RS devices.

So, just like Reason 11, this seems offer nothing worthwhile for me.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3836
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jan 2021
So I should have not brought anything for the last few years and got it all for £20 a month, I think I will wait till you fix vst midi and pay my £20 then cancel!

Q1) how do I get updates without paying £20 a month?

I've been using Reason since V1 and this is my reward.... rewards I can't use and a £20 a month bill for products I've already paid for?
I might be misunderstanding your point, but you can still pay for new versions as normal if you prefer (thank god).

but it does raise a good question about what happens if you already have 11, then subscribe for a month to get some sound packs...what happens when you unsubscribe? I assume you get to keep your normal v11 license, but what about these sound packs? are they putting some kind of controls on these (presumably) Refills?
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1980
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

Aquila wrote:
27 Jan 2021
WTF?! :thumbdown: Had my alarm set for 5am to catch the live stream here in Aus. Turning that off!! A live stream with the Reason Studios people trying to big up the benefits of a Reason subscription service for an hour or so. Unbelievable! I want less subscriptions services in my life not more. Can we get Ernst out of retirement to fix this mess up?! Feels like the Reason Studios ship is heading way off course. The best thing about Reason+ is that it's optional so we can ignore it ...... for now at least :?

User avatar
SoundObjects
Posts: 108
Joined: 10 Dec 2018

Post 27 Jan 2021

Think I pass this.
It is too expensive and I have already plenty of REs, external synts and soundmaterial. ;)
The Universe Is Vibrating

Bes
Posts: 590
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 27 Jan 2021

fuck, for a minute there i thought you couldn't buy a proper license anymore. that would have been awful

User avatar
MattiasHG
Reason Studios
Posts: 421
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

bangaio wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I just checked their site too. All I can say is despite getting back on reason after a break as a user since v1 I am out. I love the software but not £20 a month for some sounds. It’s safe to say the company and product I knew is finally gone. Even with 50% in the first year it’s just too much and something I don’t want to pay. I see they are still selling reason standard at £309 though which is tricky to find from their home page which is interesting. I also see rent to own stil exists too.
Sorry if it's unclear from the site, but it's definitely not $20 for some sounds. It's $20 for an always up to date Reason, all Reason Studios devices we've released and will release, and several sound packs per week. Now of course if you already own Reason 11 and a bunch of REs, this is less interesting but I just want to avoid confusion on what's in Reason+ :)

Here's a blog post with some details: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/intr ... eason-plus
And one I wrote with some more Reason focus: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/what ... for-reason

Hopefully that answers any questions! But for the avoidance of doubt, you can still buy a "traditional" Reason license and we're working on an upgrade that you'll also be able to upgrade to. That'll all be included in Reason+ too, of course, so it's totally up to you.

visheshl
Posts: 496
Joined: 27 Sep 2019

Post 27 Jan 2021

bye bye reason 👍 its been a good journey. we've been together since rebirth, but this is the end...

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 3836
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 27 Jan 2021

I think their biggest mistake is burying the normal license purchase in some obscure corner of the site. hell, it’s a chore to even find the shop now, if I want to look for third party REs (at least on my phone). the way they’ve set it up just kinda feels like a gross cash grab.
I write bad music for good people

latest release—The Lake Door:
bit.ly/TheLakeDoor-Soundcloud
https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/track/the-lake-door

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: dasmode, dioxide, gphg, Lost Dog, martynx, nooomy, PhillipOrdonez, Quarmat, tc13 and 7 guests