PX7 - Removed from Shop?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
OverneathTheSkyBridg

26 Jan 2021

fieldframe wrote:
25 Jan 2021
If PX7's discontinuation has left you suddenly wishing you had an FM synth in Reason, Primal Audio's FM4 is still a very capable alternative. While it has only four operators instead of six, it has some features PX7 doesn't, such as non-sinusoidal waveforms and unison. It also has one of the best user interfaces for an FM synth, and in my experience is much faster to program than PX7 (which, despite a very well-designed UI, still has to expose the entirety of the notoriously complex DX7 engine).
I've got both, but the FM4 is what I grab when I want some nasty FM tones. Much quicker to dial stuff in.

lowtom

27 Jan 2021

I have PX7, but it's never used really. I'm more fan of FM4.
:reason: :refill: :re:

helmutson

27 Jan 2021

I don't know if somebody wrote it before, but it's not only PM7 missing ... all A-List Players (guitar and drums) are gone too . I'm not shure what more. That's unbelievable ... I spend so much money for this stuff and now I'm not able to install them, when I migrate to a new computer ? Please tell me that is a bad joke ...
Last edited by helmutson on 27 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

27 Jan 2021

helmutson wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I don't know if somebody wrote it before, but it's not only PM7 missing ... all A-List Players (guitar and drums) are gone too, Syncronous is gone and I'm not shure what more. That's unbelievable ... I spend so much money for this stuff and now I'm not able to install them, when I migrate to a new computer ? Please tell me that is a bad joke ...
What makes you think, you cannot install and use it if bought in the past?
Reason12, Win10

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 Jan 2021

helmutson wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I spend so much money for this stuff and now I'm not able to install them, when I migrate to a new computer ?
Everything you've purchased from the shop remains in your account, even after it's been discontinued. Even abandoned REs should be forward-compatible with new versions of Reason, new operating systems, and even new CPU architecture because of how the RE format is built.

EnochLight

27 Jan 2021

No sweat - new FM synth coming from Reason Studios soon, according to the blog post. Hoping it improves on PX7 and knocks it out of the park.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

helmutson

27 Jan 2021

fieldframe wrote:
27 Jan 2021
helmutson wrote:
27 Jan 2021
I spend so much money for this stuff and now I'm not able to install them, when I migrate to a new computer ?
Everything you've purchased from the shop remains in your account, even after it's been discontinued. Even abandoned REs should be forward-compatible with new versions of Reason, new operating systems, and even new CPU architecture because of how the RE format is built.
OK, I hope you're right ... I had the fear that they will gone in the next R version, like the Line6 stuff. That was very frustrating for me, cause nearly every song I made had these Line6 amps ...

EnochLight

27 Jan 2021

fm_2021.JPG
fm_2021.JPG (150.01 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

honeyBadger

27 Jan 2021

Algorithm:
Attachments
InkedScreenshot 2021-01-27 at 16.45.00_LI.jpg
InkedScreenshot 2021-01-27 at 16.45.00_LI.jpg (100.68 KiB) Viewed 3274 times

Loque

27 Jan 2021

honeyBadger wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Algorithm:
Smells like a beta and sounds like a Player.
Reason12, Win10

miscend

27 Jan 2021

helmutson wrote:
27 Jan 2021
fieldframe wrote:
27 Jan 2021

OK, I hope you're right ... I had the fear that they will gone in the next R version, like the Line6 stuff. That was very frustrating for me, cause nearly every song I made had these Line6 amps ...
The Line 6 devices were a bit different. The agreements they had with Line6 expired. They pre-dated Rack Extensions so the devices dont work like REs. Had they been developed as rack extensions you'd probably still be able to download them now even after the discontinuation.

antic604

28 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2021
honeyBadger wrote:
27 Jan 2021
Algorithm:
Smells like a beta and sounds like a Player.
Sound more like that FM synth hinted for March release.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

ejanuska

28 Jan 2021

I am super pissed about this.

There was no indication the PX7 would ever go away. It was touted as a Propellorhead made synth, any of that garbage from Mattius is just corporate spew. How does he even sleep at night? I paid $50 for it and they just take it away without an email or anything.
I had to move to a new computer, re-install RS, and now I can't download the PX7. WTF? Line6 POD debacle was semi-understandable. But I guess the morons didn't learn their lesson about licensing.

How many other hidden time bombs are there in the shop? They should put up a disclaimer when you buy an item: "We reserve the right to delete, discontinue, and remove any items whenever it is deemed financially in our favor. But if you subscribe now you can have everything that is here. We hope you enjoy our version of living in the moment. Forget about the past.

I will never buy another RE from the reason-studios-shop-of-disappearing-items ever again. Good luck with your new business model, don't expect me to sing the praises of Reason anymore.

DaveyG

28 Jan 2021

ejanuska wrote:
28 Jan 2021

There was no indication the PX7 would ever go away. It was touted as a Propellorhead made synth, any of that garbage from Mattius is just corporate spew. How does he even sleep at night? I paid $50 for it and they just take it away without an email or anything.
I had to move to a new computer, re-install RS, and now I can't download the PX7. WTF? Line6 POD debacle was semi-understandable. But I guess the morons didn't learn their lesson about licensing.

How many other hidden time bombs are there in the shop? They should put up a disclaimer when you buy an item: "We reserve the right to delete, discontinue, and remove any items whenever it is deemed financially in our favor. But if you subscribe now you can have everything that is here. We hope you enjoy our version of living in the moment. Forget about the past.

I will never buy another RE from the reason-studios-shop-of-disappearing-items ever again. Good luck with your new business model, don't expect me to sing the praises of Reason anymore.
If you own it, you still own it. It's right there in your account and can be downloaded to any computer that you put Reason on to.

BonsaiMacKay

28 Jan 2021

ejanuska wrote:
28 Jan 2021

You should actually be able to install PX7. It is no longer available to buy, but it should still be available on your account. Check your products on your account or simply open Authoriser. I can download and install the long gone RE2A from Cakewalk, so I guess it is there. Unless they have decidedly jumped the shark.

EnochLight

28 Jan 2021

ejanuska wrote:
28 Jan 2021

:shock:

Um... you DO realize that nothing is being taken away from you, right? If you bought PX7, you have it for life, and can use it in any version of Reason that appears in the future. :thumbup: Relax.

And for those who didn't buy it, there's a new synth coming anyway that will likely be better.

Loque

28 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2021
ejanuska wrote:
28 Jan 2021

:shock:

Um... you DO realize that nothing is being taken away from you, right? If you bought PX7, you have it for life, and can use it in any version of Reason that appears in the future. :thumbup: Relax.

And for those who didn't buy it, there's a new synth coming anyway that will likely be better.
Oh dear... :?
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

28 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Right? :lol:

SebAudio

28 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Better than PX7 : is it really possible ? :mrgreen:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Loque wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Right? :lol:
Gotta jump in and say Loque’s comment made me laugh out loud. Twice 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

28 Jan 2021

SebAudio wrote:
28 Jan 2021
EnochLight wrote:
28 Jan 2021
Better than PX7 : is it really possible ? :mrgreen:

NoisiaTHX

02 Feb 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
19 Jan 2021
If you missed it but still want a DX7 sound, I can recommend the free, Open Source Dexed VST: https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/
Doesn't anyone wonder that the linked current version of Dexed is only available as VST3? VST3 support confirmed in Reason 12? :puf_bigsmile:

RoryM0

02 Feb 2021

NoisiaTHX wrote:
02 Feb 2021
MattiasHG wrote:
19 Jan 2021
If you missed it but still want a DX7 sound, I can recommend the free, Open Source Dexed VST: https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/
Doesn't anyone wonder that the linked current version of Dexed is only available as VST3? VST3 support confirmed in Reason 12? :puf_bigsmile:
Oh hey looks like Dexed got an update in (I think) September 2020! The latest version is indeed VST3 only, plus supports microtuning now and basic MPE support. Cool.

etyrnal2

02 Feb 2021

EnochLight wrote:
27 Jan 2021
No sweat - new FM synth coming from Reason Studios soon, according to the blog post. Hoping it improves on PX7 and knocks it out of the park.
would be cool if the new synth could intelligently load PX7 patches and map them to equivalent setups on the new oscs
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

• Information