Where can i find the WAV files of the REDRUM stored on the computer???

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
samsome

24 Jan 2021

Where can i find the WAV files of the REDRUM stored on the computer???

i am using reaper as my main DAW and need the wav files of the redrum sounds

they must be stored somewhere because i seen this guy uses them through the media explorer at 4:03

jam-s

24 Jan 2021

If you're talking about the sound from the factory sound bank or from any Refill, then the .wav files are all inside the Refill compressed with proprietary file compression and not available unless you individually save all of those that you need into individual .wav files on your drive.

samsome

24 Jan 2021

thanks for the info.............thats really annoying...........if thats the case ;(

Billy+

24 Jan 2021

samsome wrote:
24 Jan 2021
thanks for the info.............thats really annoying...........if thats the case ;(
Unfortunately it is the case and there is no way to unpack the refill, the only option you have is to drag the .wav file into Reasons sequencer and then bounce it as a new sample to disk.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2021

Billy wrote:
24 Jan 2021
samsome wrote:
24 Jan 2021
Unfortunately it is the case and there is no way to unpack the refill, the only option you have is to drag the .wav file into Reasons sequencer and then bounce it as a new sample to disk.
Yep. Total pain in the arse.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

24 Jan 2021

Does anyone know if other software developers can implement refill reading?

I really want XO to be able to scan my refill collection for one shots.

jam-s

24 Jan 2021

Back in time there has been a Refill unpacker, that someone wrote after reversing the format. It only worked on some Refills thou and afaik does not work on new Refills any more.

selig
RE Developer

24 Jan 2021

I’m not at my computer but iirc all one shots are in the factory sound bank, no? Hopefully I’m not getting these confused with other libraries...
Selig Audio, LLC

Billy+

25 Jan 2021

jam-s wrote:
24 Jan 2021
Back in time there has been a Refill unpacker, that someone wrote after reversing the format. It only worked on some Refills thou and afaik does not work on new Refills any more.
That's correct but it doesn't work very well and from my understanding the wav would be extracted at a lesser bit rate so not really worth the hassle.

Bounce new sample to disk is the best option

Not that I would as it's going to take ages, that's why I try to stay away from drum based refills.

When you get the option to download/purchase as refill or zipped wav always choose wav.

• Information