Audio not playing back, right. Help, please.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NLAlston

23 Jan 2021

Lately, I've been having issues with the playback in Reason (v10.4d4). What happens is this:

I set up a section to record and, when listening to playback of the recorded portion, the audio is far different than what I played. Some notes are chopped, and some others are non-existent. I don't care how many times I try again, the end result is always the same (even with different instruments selected). I don't know WHAT"S going on, and it is really exasperating me. My controller is the M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 and, up until just recently, there was no problem, whatsoever, in using it with Reason. I just don't know what to make of this situation. If anyone has ANY idea as to what the situation might be due to, please share.

Advanced thanks,

Nathan

NLAlston

23 Jan 2021

TEST RECORDING.mp3
(294.49 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
I have attached a sound sample of a short recording, I just did, to give an example of what's taking place. I wasn't playing this anywhere even near like it turned out.

zumBeispiel

23 Jan 2021

I'm not sure it could help but...

check the list of the easy MIDI IN
Edit --> Preferences --> Control Surfaces --> Easy MIDI Inputs
and remove the MIDI INs you do not need or use

NLAlston

23 Jan 2021

zumBeispiel wrote:
23 Jan 2021
I'm not sure it could help but...

check the list of the easy MIDI IN
Edit --> Preferences --> Control Surfaces --> Easy MIDI Inputs
and remove the MIDI INs you do not need or use
Hey there, 'Z'.

What you suggested was EXACTLY what was needed. I had all of the inputs selected and, when I reduced the selections to just ONE (the first one, for my controller) everything returned to normal. I appreciate you.

zumBeispiel

24 Jan 2021

NLAlston wrote:
23 Jan 2021

Hey there, 'Z'.

What you suggested was EXACTLY what was needed. I had all of the inputs selected and, when I reduced the selections to just ONE (the first one, for my controller) everything returned to normal. I appreciate you.
:thumbs_up:

• Information