Transform CV into custom curves?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Indybackflip

22 Jan 2021

Servus everybody 😁,

one example for my question. Let‘s say, I have a linear CV signal wich goes from 0-1. Is it possible to transform this simple movement into another curve? For example into a Sine curve or better into a custom envelope curve like in Europa?

I really like the envelope curves of Europa and GSM but unfortonately, I couldn‘t find a way to use them without trigger them and just control a point on the x-achsis and send the cv signal of the resulting curve out of the synth, without a predefined timing.

I am curious if it is possible to transform CV signals the way I imagine.

I am especially interested in a internal Reason way to use the envelopes of europa and GSM, but maybe you have also some rack extensions in your mind wich could do, what I imagine?

Thank you very much! :-)

Loque

22 Jan 2021

Lots of ways to do that.
* mix CV signals with the CV spider
* generate custom CV via automation, eg. Thor performance controller sending to a CV out via the modulation matrix
* set the Envelope in Europa to Loop and send it out via Modulation Matrix
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

22 Jan 2021

This sounds like a task for CV Mutant: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-mutant/

Indybackflip

23 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Jan 2021
Lots of ways to do that.
* mix CV signals with the CV spider
* generate custom CV via automation, eg. Thor performance controller sending to a CV out via the modulation matrix
* set the Envelope in Europa to Loop and send it out via Modulation Matrix
Hmm, I think, what you mean is not, what I want. Because I would like to do one simple knob movement and then transform this shape into a new curve. I know, that I can use the modulation matrix of Europa to trigger the envelope, and send the CV signal out, but I am searching for a method, without the need of triggering it or set it to a loop.

Like jam-s wrote, CV-Mutant is exactly what I am searching for. But is there a way to do that in Reason?
Last edited by Indybackflip on 23 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Indybackflip

23 Jan 2021

jam-s wrote:
22 Jan 2021
This sounds like a task for CV Mutant: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-mutant/
Thank you very much! This is exactly what I want! :)

Do you also know how to do that in Reason with the stock tools?

• Information