NN-19 Digital sampler ... as drum designer/machine

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rising Night Wave

22 Jan 2021

Hi.

I have noticed how some people here at Reason Talk Forum has discoveerd some interesting things for them and published their thoughts here on this forum.
So did I... with NN-19 Digital Sampler... to be like a drum designer/machine.

The whole thing is that you just simple load an Dr Rex's loop into an NN-19 Digital Sampler and voila - design a drum pattern or whatever sound pattern (loop) have you used.
I use - my technique is to use only Matrix Pattern Sequencers (instead of note lines) because I think it is more clear when designing a song. Okey, that thing with Matrix Pattern Sequencer is not relevant. It is just my tehnique.

So... I did not know, actualy, you can use NN-19 Digital Sampler as a drum designer/machine. Also you can adjust parameters within NN-19 and make things interesting and if needed you can, of course, automate them. Cool. Very cool.

For example:

This, one of mine EPs/Albums, There Is Still Some Hope, was solely done with that tehnique using two of Dr Rex's loops. And some cloning of NN-19 devices (so I used other parameters for the same loop as in previous NN-19 instances). That's it. Simple as Pasulj. :D

This is an example for my song "Be Done! Bones...". Pretty simple.

:P
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

BRIGGS

22 Jan 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
22 Jan 2021
Hi.

I have noticed how some people here at Reason Talk Forum has discoveerd some interesting things for them and published their thoughts here on this forum.
So did I... with NN-19 Digital Sampler... to be like a drum designer/machine.

The whole thing is that you just simple load an Dr Rex's loop into an NN-19 Digital Sampler and voila - design a drum pattern or whatever sound pattern (loop) have you used.
I use - my technique is to use only Matrix Pattern Sequencers (instead of note lines) because I think it is more clear when designing a song. Okey, that thing with Matrix Pattern Sequencer is not relevant. It is just my tehnique.

So... I did not know, actualy, you can use NN-19 Digital Sampler as a drum designer/machine. Also you can adjust parameters within NN-19 and make things interesting and if needed you can, of course, automate them. Cool. Very cool.

For example:

This, one of mine EPs/Albums, There Is Still Some Hope, was solely done with that tehnique using two of Dr Rex's loops. And some cloning of NN-19 devices (so I used other parameters for the same loop as in previous NN-19 instances). That's it. Simple as Pasulj. :D

This is an example for my song "Be Done! Bones...". Pretty simple.

:P
You can use it for anything.

But, if you want things more crazy :crazy: , use grain. :puf_smile:
r11s

Loque

22 Jan 2021

It's great to pitch samples down, up or modulate the pitch. I often prefer NNXT, because it has more features and i use NN19 if i need the Position knob for granular stuff.
Reason12, Win10

QVprod

22 Jan 2021

You can do similar with Dr. OctoRex itself. Just turn off “Run” and you can play the slices at will, mangle the drums hits individually...etc...

deeplink
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2021

I have an NN19 preloaded with a all my favourite kicks from Reason.
As well as separate NN19's for Snare's, FX sounds, Claps etc.
You can store more samples in it than the NNXT.

NN19 offers a more tactile approach to selecting samples and sampling in general - as all the controls are right there, or can all be mapped to a midi controller.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Rising Night Wave

23 Jan 2021

//please pardon, i wrote some... eh, stupidness, hehe. sorry.//

//i will post a new reply. atm i am a bit unconcentrated. was not sleeping well tonight. my pardon//
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information