Make the Europa's FX polyphonic

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
miscend

17 Jan 2021

The compressor and the distortion section on Europa would really benefit if they were polyphonic and applied per voice. This would allow for much beefier and wider sounds to be possible.

Loque

17 Jan 2021

Sadly a lot of synths do not have polyphonic FX. That's why i love Phase Plant. Of course, you can make every fx in Reason polyphonic...
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

17 Jan 2021

Compression - post EQ is the only place that would make sense to me to tame high Q sweeps.
Distortion - Thor has a poly shaper, but I never use it. Peak has pre filter distortion which I also never use (but I love the monophonic distortion).
I’d love to know what the most useful applications are, and what synod this well.
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

17 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
17 Jan 2021
Compression - post EQ is the only place that would make sense to me to tame high Q sweeps.
Distortion - Thor has a poly shaper, but I never use it. Peak has pre filter distortion which I also never use (but I love the monophonic distortion).
I’d love to know what the most useful applications are, and what synod this well.
I use this quite often for special effects with Frequency Shifters, Ring Modulaters, Resonators, different Distortion types (but i agree, sometimes mono just sounds better and is often not a mess), Bit crushers and all those fx are thanpretty often routed to the key or velocity. An EQ to track the keyboard can also help from time to time, if its used a bit like an additional filter.
Reason12, Win10

Exowildebeest

17 Jan 2021

I've definitely had situations where I've been wishing for a polyphonically applied effect, for sound design purposes - distortion or reverb or compression or theoretically anything really. But the reality is that it's very rare to find it featured on synths. It's a niche feature and probably CPU intensive. Luckily there are obvious workarounds that might be worth it depending on the situation, like just copying multiple monophonic synths inside a Combinator.

Btw, it's a real shame that Europa doesn't have an audio input for its FX section (and neither does Grain).

enossified

17 Jan 2021

Some people like polyphonic distortion for more clarity when playing chords. It's common on guitar synths.

• Information