Tribute Wavetable Synthesizer Song Challenge - Prizes for top 3 songs and all participants entered into a drawing!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
30 Dec 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
30 Dec 2020
Where is everyone? I know that posting here in this thread isn't how you enter the challenge, but still. If I remember correctly there's usually lots of people sharing their songs in the challenge thread, even when that's not the way to submit your entry.
Yes there is still plenty of time left, but I just thought that by this time more people would have posted songs here. Maybe it was bad timing to have a song challenge during christmas?
I am currently playing around with it and i will post my test song today here, but it's out of competition since i cannot participate.

I am wondering too, where are all the dubstep heads?
Ouch! I lost this one! I've been brainstorming for the past two months? Since the last challenge? I don't know, but I tried to keep myself selfisolated from Internet/television/ just anything that could threaten my brain with something that could remind me of 2020. I just wished to pretend that it never happened in order to stay cool... :D
Nice songs, both of you, as always ! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

So , is it closed or there was a delay to the end of this week??? Can I still make it???

eusti

15 Jan 2021

Re8et wrote:
15 Jan 2021
So , is it closed or there was a delay to the end of this week??? Can I still make it???
From the first post:

Songs must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on January 10 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST January 11).

D.

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Dec 2020

For the full rules and access to the Google Form, please go here:
https://www.reasontalk.com/2020/12/trib ... challenge/

Songs must be submitted by 23:59:59 PST on January 10 (before 12:00AM / 00:00 PST January 11).
Can I use this form to submit an error bug with the device? Or what should I use?? I crashed on emitter. too many voices or something. Nothing serious.

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

eusti wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Re8et wrote:
15 Jan 2021
From the first post:

D.
Yep! :puf_bigsmile:

Speo
RE Developer

16 Jan 2021

Thank you everyone for submitting an awesome range of songs! Super happy to see you step up to the challenge and create something cool with Tribute! You really put the device through its paces. Also, thank you to joeyluck and the ReasonTalk team for putting this contest together and judging alongside me. The winners will be announced soon!

Kuranes2021

16 Jan 2021

Ah dammit, I did not win, now I need to BUY Tribute! :D Seriously, congrats to the winners, you deserve it! And thankyou to Speo and joeyluck for offering that challenge, that once more let me explore new ways of producing my music, that let me learn new tricks along the way. I really like that synth, especially it's ability to gradually "morph" between two different waveforms. In fact, I wished I had had more time to produce my song, because when I wrote that track, I really had those strange devices called "spiritbox" in mind.

(A Spirit box or Ghost box is a paranormal research device. It uses a radio with a frequency scan mode meant to detect EVPs and communicate with spirits. The device rapidly sweeps the frequency channels of radio stations creating a white noise effect. This is said to allow spirits to use the energy to manipulate it to form words and phrases. Clear sounds, that sometimes are heard as intelligent respones, can be caught while the device scans a multitude of radio stations. It is thought, the faster the sweep, the clearer the information. Source: www.sinistercoffeeandcreamery.com/blog/spiritbox)

When I realized Tributes potential to morph between waveforms, to alter them in drastic ways, I thought that would be perfect to emulate the scanning of radio frequencies of the "spirit box". But time was running out, and so I couldn't fully dive into that possibility. But still, it was a lot of fun to play with that synth, so really: Thank you guys!

Speo
RE Developer

17 Jan 2021

Kuranes2021 wrote:
16 Jan 2021
Ah dammit, I did not win, now I need to BUY Tribute! :D Seriously, congrats to the winners, you deserve it! And thankyou to Speo and joeyluck for offering that challenge, that once more let me explore new ways of producing my music, that let me learn new tricks along the way. I really like that synth, especially it's ability to gradually "morph" between two different waveforms. In fact, I wished I had had more time to produce my song, because when I wrote that track, I really had those strange devices called "spiritbox" in mind.

(A Spirit box or Ghost box is a paranormal research device. It uses a radio with a frequency scan mode meant to detect EVPs and communicate with spirits. The device rapidly sweeps the frequency channels of radio stations creating a white noise effect. This is said to allow spirits to use the energy to manipulate it to form words and phrases. Clear sounds, that sometimes are heard as intelligent respones, can be caught while the device scans a multitude of radio stations. It is thought, the faster the sweep, the clearer the information. Source: www.sinistercoffeeandcreamery.com/blog/spiritbox)

When I realized Tributes potential to morph between waveforms, to alter them in drastic ways, I thought that would be perfect to emulate the scanning of radio frequencies of the "spirit box". But time was running out, and so I couldn't fully dive into that possibility. But still, it was a lot of fun to play with that synth, so really: Thank you guys!
Super cool idea for a track and I really enjoyed what you came up with! I much prefer developing Rack Extensions to judging haha, but there can only be so many winners. Thanks for taking part in the contest!

Melody303

17 Jan 2021

I'm disappointed I didn't win it, but I'll stand up to my word and buy it. Looking forward to the next version, and Tribute becoming my outboard filter of choice. :)

Edit: Aw, and now my post count isn't 303 anymore. Serves me right for my 303rd post being a song without a 303 in it, I suppose. :p
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Speo
RE Developer

17 Jan 2021

Melody303 wrote:
17 Jan 2021
I'm disappointed I didn't win it, but I'll stand up to my word and buy it. Looking forward to the next version, and Tribute becoming my outboard filter of choice. :)

Edit: Aw, and now my post count isn't 303 anymore. Serves me right for my 303rd post being a song without a 303 in it, I suppose. :p
It's always tough to judge, I really enjoyed your submission as well! Thanks so much for taking part and for keeping on using Tribute! 1.1 is in the works! Happy belated 303rd post!

TheDragonborg

18 Jan 2021

I didn't know where to submit the project file... it's not too late is it?

Never mind it is...

• Information