PX7 - Removed from Shop?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RobBarnett

15 Jan 2021

Can anyone still see PX7 in the shop or Rewards section?

Loque

15 Jan 2021

No, its not available anymore.
Reason12, Win10

HeavyViper

15 Jan 2021

Nope! It's nowhere to be seen. Just noticed someone elsewhere say it was missing from their account product list, too. I just checked myself, and lo-and-behold:
2021-01-15 19_55_28-Products _ Reason Studios - Brave.png
2021-01-15 19_55_28-Products _ Reason Studios - Brave.png (12.15 KiB) Viewed 6728 times
If it's gone for good, that's a real shame. It was one of the first REs I ever bought, and it's in my default template to this day! Totally my go-to for a nice, clean, classic FM sound with in-depth controls. The converted 200K patch collection for it is an incredible resource, too.

Perhaps it wasn't selling? Even so, seems odd to just take it down without a word, especially since they made such a big deal out of the A-List stuff getting nuked. Something bigger and better on the way, maybe...?
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

Loque

15 Jan 2021

HeavyViper wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Nope! It's nowhere to be seen. Just noticed someone elsewhere say it was missing from their account product list, too. I just checked myself, and lo-and-behold:

2021-01-15 19_55_28-Products _ Reason Studios - Brave.png

If it's gone for good, that's a real shame. It was one of the first REs I ever bought, and it's in my default template to this day! Totally my go-to for a nice, clean, classic FM sound with in-depth controls. The converted 200K patch collection for it is an incredible resource, too.

Perhaps it wasn't selling? Even so, seems odd to just take it down without a word, especially since they made such a big deal out of the A-List stuff getting nuked. Something bigger and better on the way, maybe...?
Hopefully a new version with "normal" ADSR curves for dummys like me :-)
Reason12, Win10

dasmode

15 Jan 2021

Last edited by dasmode on 21 Jan 2021, edited 3 times in total.

RoryM0

15 Jan 2021

PX7 is awesome. I hope they plan to add this to Reason 12 (standard or suite) so it isn't lost.

deigm

15 Jan 2021

oh damn ozone is gone? that was on my buy list :(

antic604

15 Jan 2021

The plot thickes.

Reason v12 announcement imminent (on 25th)!? :)
    Music tech enthusiast.
    DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
    My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

RoryM0

15 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    The plot thickes.

NAMM is 18-22 January, perhaps something lined up for that week is possible...? I won't hold my breath though, because if I do I'll die.

MrFigg
    Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

deigm wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    Probably just as well getting Kuassa Kratos2.
    🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

15 Jan 2021

deigm wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    tbh, than better get Ozone Elements for free, which came at least a few times in the last year.
    Reason12, Win10

seqoi

15 Jan 2021

Oh man..I wanted Ozone Maximizer.

My guess - PX7 will be included in R12 + some kind of new maximizer..

antic604

15 Jan 2021

seqoi wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    Yes, that sounds very plausible.
    Music tech enthusiast.

antic604

15 Jan 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    The plot thickes.

NAMM is 18-22 January, perhaps something lined up for that week is possible...? I won't hold my breath though, because if I do I'll die.
    During the time I've been using Reason I don't think I ever saw them present at NAMM.
    Music tech enthusiast.

RoryM0

15 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    RoryM0 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021

During the time I've been using Reason I don't think I ever saw them present at NAMM.
    Fair enough. But they don't have to be present to use that week for an announcement while the industry is focused on shiny new music things.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    seqoi wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    Doubt It. They've never removed a rack extension they've included in a new version. They still sell all included Res separately, why did they remove this one? One of the few that did not get included in suite. And then ozone? Hmmm 🤔

antic604

15 Jan 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021

Doubt It. They've never removed a rack extension they've included in a new version. They still sell all included Res separately, why did they remove this one? One of the few that did not get included in suite. And then ozone? Hmmm 🤔
    Maybe they're learning from their mistakes? Hide the product from the store a month before including it in Standard / Suite*, so that people that would've bought it aren't pissed off. They can easily put it back after release, for those that haven't upgraded. Everyone else who already have it does have access regardless whether it's listed or not.

* I'm betting it's getting into Standard, because otherwise Friktion & Pattern Mutator would've vanished too ;)
    Music tech enthusiast.

RoryM0

15 Jan 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021

Hmmm indeed. Maybe an upgrade then? Did they remove Parsec prior to Parsec 2 being released or did it just turn into Parsec 2 overnight?

RoryM0

15 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021

Maybe they're learning from their mistakes? Hide the product from the store a month before including it in Standard / Suite*, so that people that would've bought it aren't pissed off. They can easily put it back after release, for those that haven't upgraded. Everyone else who already have it does have access regardless whether it's listed or not.

* I'm betting it's getting into Standard, because otherwise Friktion & Pattern Mutator would've vanished too ;)
    Yeah this could be it.

bigguy1

15 Jan 2021

It might also be connected to the upcoming HiRes GUI Update. Maybe they don't want or cannot port the disappearing devices.

antic604

15 Jan 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021

Fair enough. But they don't have to be present to use that week for an announcement while the industry is focused on shiny new music things.
    The downside of announcing in that period is that everyone have a budget - suddenly you get 10 interesting shiny toys announced, but you can only afford two, so you need to choose :(

And I really doubt coverage will be any different during NAMM and in some other week, especially since there's no physical NAMM this year. New Reason release will grab attention regardless of when it happens.

The only doubt I have about v12 coming very soon is frankly that Mattias - Reason's product lead/owner - has been on vacations for what seems like well over a month, buying & playing PS4 & Switch games, soldering modulars, taking care of a hairless cat... I mean they surely wouldn't release it without him? :? :lol:
    Music tech enthusiast.

antic604

15 Jan 2021

bigguy1 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    It might also be connected to the upcoming HiRes GUI Update. Maybe they don't want or cannot port the disappearing devices.
    If a device is in RE format (which is the case for Ozone or Air Raid stuff, not sure about PX7) then from the 1st days of RE it was obligatory for the devs to provide high-res assets (and 3D mesh, up to some point in time), so from what I understand RE devs don't need to do anything. The RE format was designed for this from the start.
    Music tech enthusiast.

bigguy1

15 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    bigguy1 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    If a device is in RE format (which is the case for Ozone or Air Raid stuff, not sure about PX7) then from the 1st days of RE it was obligatory for the devs to provide high-res assets (and 3D mesh, up to some point in time), so from what I understand RE devs don't need to do anything. The RE format was designed for this from the start.
    I see. Then this maybe is not connected at all. Let's hope that this part of technical RE design keeps its promise :D
    But I am still lacking any real good reason, why a RE should be discontinued if the vendor doesn't plan a successor. Let's see what the future brings...

RoryM0

15 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021
    RoryM0 wrote:
    15 Jan 2021

The downside of announcing in that period is that everyone have a budget - suddenly you get 10 interesting shiny toys announced, but you can only afford two, so you need to choose :(

And I really doubt coverage will be any different during NAMM and in some other week, especially since there's no physical NAMM this year. New Reason release will grab attention regardless of when it happens.

The only doubt I have about v12 coming very soon is frankly that Mattias - Reason's product lead/owner - has been on vacations for what seems like well over a month, buying & playing PS4 & Switch games, soldering modulars, taking care of a hairless cat... I mean they surely wouldn't release it without him? :? :lol:
    Yes this is true, I'm also somewhat skeptical that we will be getting R12 this early in 2021. However I have upgrade money burning a hole in my pocket so I'm just going to be slathering all over the forum until it drops :puf_smile: .

EdGrip

15 Jan 2021

I too am skeptical, but will be quietly pleased to be proved wrong. :) PX7 was, I think, my first RE synth purchase. It's a good 'un, and I can't think of a reason they'd pull it from the shop *other* than the theories in this thread.
    Unless maybe VST in Reason, + Dexed, meant it wasn't selling very much. But selling some is better than selling none, so I doubt it's that.

• Information