Issue with Reason Rack Plugin (AU) GUI in Maschine

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
lowtom

24 Oct 2020

Is any one having issue loading Reason Rack Plugin (AU) in latest Maschine 2.12?

I can not get the GUI to show up. Plugin is loading to the slot but afterwards I can not get it to show up.
I know it was working fine in previous versions of Maschine. I tried under macOS Catalina and Mojave.

Can anyone else confirm that?
:reason: :refill: :re:

ShelLuser

02 Nov 2020

Maschine doesn't support vst3 as far as I'm aware, so obviously this wouldn't work very well.
--- :reason:

BonsaiMacKay

05 Nov 2020

lowtom wrote:
24 Oct 2020
Is any one having issue loading Reason Rack Plugin (AU) in latest Maschine 2.12?

I can not get the GUI to show up. Plugin is loading to the slot but afterwards I can not get it to show up.
I know it was working fine in previous versions of Maschine. I tried under macOS Catalina and Mojave.

Can anyone else confirm that?
Hi! I don't usually use RRP in Maschine, but I've just tested it and its interface pops up when I double click it. Are you clicking on RRP in the control area? That's where it works for me.
ShelLuser wrote:
02 Nov 2020
Maschine doesn't support vst3 as far as I'm aware, so obviously this wouldn't work very well.
The OP is asking about the AU version, not VST. The AU version works fine with Maschine.

lowtom

09 Nov 2020

Glad to hear it works on you system.
I just checked everything on my end (uninstalled, cleared preferences etc.) and still no solution.
Funny thing that in Maschine Beta 2.12 (before Super8 VST3 support) it works OK but not the latest official release.
I know this should not be related but isn't RRP AU just a VST3 in a wrapper?

BonsaiMacKay

09 Nov 2020

lowtom wrote:
09 Nov 2020
Glad to hear it works on you system.
I just checked everything on my end (uninstalled, cleared preferences etc.) and still no solution.
Funny thing that in Maschine Beta 2.12 (before Super8 VST3 support) it works OK but not the latest official release.
I know this should not be related but isn't RRP AU just a VST3 in a wrapper?
I don't know what Propellerhead did, but Cubase do provide developpers with their "wrapper" which in the end is an AU-shell so developers who primarily code VST won't have to redo their work to prot their plugins to AU. Still, that does not affect the behaviour of the plugin because said shell makes it 100% AU in its behaviour inside a DAW. Do all other AU plugins lod normally in Maschine? It is funny that Reason should be the only one.

lowtom

09 Nov 2020

All other AU plug-ins works fine. Also RRP loads without issues in other hosts as VST3 and AU. It also loads in previous versions of Maschine. Must be some preferences I'm missing somewhere.
Anyway, I opened ticket with NI support.

BonsaiMacKay

10 Nov 2020

Well, what is intriguing is that I don't have the issue with Reason 11.3.4 and Maschine 2.12.1, which I suppose are the same versions you are running. Anyway, I hope NI will figure out what the issue is and sort you out very soon.

IamILL.77

14 Jan 2021

I'm running into the same exact issue, did you ever figure it out? It's bumming me out because this is one of my favorite combos. Thanks in advance.

lowtom

16 Jan 2021

It is confirmed bug. One of support guys logged it to their system. I do not know when and if it will be fixed.
AU works fine on Maschine version 2.10, not sure about 2.11 as I do not have link to it.
It does not work on 2.12 which received VST3 support, but crippled to run only NI Super 8 plug-in. I believe this is what's blocking Reason Rack from displaying it's GUI.

• Information