Let's Rock (Drum and Bass) 174bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2021

Set myself a deadline on creating a track in one day. Here is the result "Let's Rock" a guitar laden drum and bass tune.

Not sure if its within my own set rules but I quite like this and think its worth spend a bit of time working on the mix. Comments appreciated.

Listen to Let's Rock by Samiver on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7TvUw

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2021

Day 2 (well 2 hours after work). Still a few tweaks to be made.

Listen to Lets Rock - day 2 (work In progress) by Samiver on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/f8yh2

Edit: Day 2 now deleted.

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Jan 2021

Final track below. One day to put the track together and couple of hours after work on days 2 & 3 to tweak and finish.

Any comments appreciated :)

Skimrok

13 Jan 2021

Love the drums that's well funky and the vocal etc , I'm not really into the guitar but that's only me and don't let that stop what you doing because I like the versatility you doing very clean tune once again
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2021

Skimrok wrote: ↑
13 Jan 2021
Love the drums that's well funky and the vocal etc , I'm not really into the guitar but that's only me and don't let that stop what you doing because I like the versatility you doing very clean tune once again
Thanks Skimrok appreciate the feedback. Guitars are not usually my thing either but was inspired by an old guitar riff in a hip hop track to try something new πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

gritz

26 Jan 2021

very clean track, I personally think the drums need something - perhaps jungle type drum breaks would make it interesting.

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2021

gritz wrote: ↑
26 Jan 2021
very clean track, I personally think the drums need something - perhaps jungle type drum breaks would make it interesting.
Hi gritz thank you for taking the time to help me and give feedback. I agree with you and and am starting a new track now which I will try implementing the above in with interesting breaks. Appreciate it thanks πŸ‘

Troublemecca

26 Jan 2021

You got my head bouncing... love the vocal sample! I would consider doing away with the guitar AT THE BEGINNING, as it sounds grating without the rest of the instruments, which is a shame because it would make me skip what is otherwise a solid track. Enjoyed it!

gritz

26 Jan 2021

Look at the beginning again think about using what you have as content start with the vox perhaps with plenty of revert then use the sweep and then drums the break the drop into the track then drop back then start again

Rising Night Wave

26 Jan 2021

Popey wrote: ↑
12 Jan 2021
Final track below. One day to put the track together and couple of hours after work on days 2 & 3 to tweak and finish.

huh aftertouch is very good - mastering. cool. i am thinking of drums. very nicely done.
it sounds realy pro. :thumbup:

also the whole thing around this song is very cool. really very nicely done.

also vocals are nice. i like this song. i gave you one like and one repost on SoundCloud.

keep up with good work. :thumbup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2021

Troublemecca wrote: ↑
26 Jan 2021
You got my head bouncing... love the vocal sample! I would consider doing away with the guitar AT THE BEGINNING, as it sounds grating without the rest of the instruments, which is a shame because it would make me skip what is otherwise a solid track. Enjoyed it!
Thanks Troublemecca appreciate the comments and feedback. This was originally made as a way of putting pressure on myself to see if I could write a track in one day (I have a bad habit of constantly listening to loops I make and not progressing them).

I had kind of parked this track but I may revisit it at some point and improve it based on the above when I get a moment.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2021

gritz wrote: ↑
26 Jan 2021
Look at the beginning again think about using what you have as content start with the vox perhaps with plenty of revert then use the sweep and then drums the break the drop into the track then drop back then start again
Thanks gritz I would agree with this and general consensus has been the same as you said. Working on other track at the moment but will revisit this one at some point as there are some parts I really like.

Popey
Competition Winner

27 Jan 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote: ↑
26 Jan 2021
Popey wrote: ↑
12 Jan 2021

huh aftertouch is very good - mastering. cool. i am thinking of drums. very nicely done.
it sounds realy pro. :thumbup:

also the whole thing around this song is very cool. really very nicely done.

also vocals are nice. i like this song. i gave you one like and one repost on SoundCloud.

keep up with good work. :thumbup:
Thanks for the kind words, like and repost Rising night wave. Not sure if its pro yet but I feel like I am improving various aspects each time I create so that drives me on.

Just glad i am actually getting used to writing songs, transitions etc and although still very much in the learning stages I feel I have improved since I wrote my first song last June.

For me I know I am a long way from creating pro sounding tracks but the feedback on here is so valuable to my development so cannot thank everyone enough. Different perspectives really help me see issues I may have been blind to before.

Rising Night Wave

27 Jan 2021

do not worry Popey, your song sounds great.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information