Vocoder Bv512 acting like neptune

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kooshan

12 Jan 2021

Just curious , if is it possible to emulate neptune(to add additional voices) to the sound by using the good old vocoder? What could be used for the carrier signal? To sound exacly like (or close to) the sound coming from neptune voices? Maybe sampling some parts of the original vocal, loop it, put it in the nnxt...

Ideas?

bpmorton

12 Jan 2021

you want to use a harmonizer. or you need to copy the vocal track and tune the second/third tracks to harmonies. The vocoder will get you chords but only synthesized sounds (not human sounding vocals)

kooshan

13 Jan 2021

Yeah , like using a Pad sound as the carrier signal and vocal as the modulator and then playing chords. I thought maybe there could be a way to make this synthesized sound, to sound like the original vocal changing pitch .
Maybe @selig has an idea on this?

bpmorton

13 Jan 2021

I've done it before with the pitch correction feature. I had a friend in singing a backup vocal part that later I decided to make into a harmony. Instead of having him come back and sing a second track I just copied the track and re-tuned it. It's was buried in the mix enough that you could not hear any of the artifacts.

• Information