Solid Rock (Rock)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dante

12 Jan 2021

Classic Aussie hit from 1982 from a band that started in Geelong (not far from Melbourne). Singer Songwriter Shane Howard wrote "The whole experience of travelling through aboriginal Australia and awakening to that cultural reality made me ask the question, okay where do I fit here? In this landscape, in Australia, I'm not aboriginal, I'm not of the land, I'm not of this country – so I came from somewhere else. It made me want to look at where my own people had come from."

Jagwah

17 Jan 2021

Dante wrote:
12 Jan 2021
Classic Aussie hit from 1982 from a band that started in Geelong (not far from Melbourne). Singer Songwriter Shane Howard wrote "The whole experience of travelling through aboriginal Australia and awakening to that cultural reality made me ask the question, okay where do I fit here? In this landscape, in Australia, I'm not aboriginal, I'm not of the land, I'm not of this country – so I came from somewhere else. It made me want to look at where my own people had come from."

Hey man awesome song to cover, this is literally the one song I know that I would like to have professionally mixed again (or remastered as they say) as the original doesn't pop so well - I know this from cranking the sh*t out of with other tunes. Songs like this will be treasured for a long time due to their meaning and intense story. I liked your cover it must have been a lot of work to get it all done, I like how your vocals sounded a bit more chill and more your own style / flavour as it makes it interesting to hear, well done.

Dante

01 Jul 2021

Thanks you Jagwah - most of the time was the vocals - the midi didnt take long.

man made material

14 Jul 2021

Nice job!... i don't know the original, but that didn't take from my enjoyment... Are these all reason instruments, or are some played and imported? great to hear some real vocals, a verse and a chorus too!

Julicho

26 Sep 2021

Sounds great!!!

Benedict
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2021

This song was all over the radio - being here in Oz. I still count the album as a total fave ~30 years later.

A hard song to cover, despite it seeming so easy. Ooh nice use of sfx. Well done. The little Willie B cover "Shock To The System" is cool too.

Some people get offended, absolutely not meant that way: If you are happy to share the Multitracks (or even better the Reson Project), I would be interested in giving this a new Mix, esp if I can use it for a Mix Walkthrough like these: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... mXIauoJraq

@Jag, the fact that you wanted to turn up the volume is a good sign for a mix. It is when you need to turn them down that it is very wrong.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information