Behringer BCR32 Controller/Zaquencer

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
joeyluck

11 Jan 2021

Finally a successor to the BCR2000 :puf_smile:

https://www.facebook.com/Behringer/post ... 6420493914
USB/MIDI Controller/Sequencer with 32 Multi-Purpose Encoders and Polyphonic 32-Step / 4-Track Zaquencer
• Universal USB/MIDI controller for triggering audio clips, MIDI events or any MIDI equipment
• Highly-acclaimed Zaquencer from ZAQ Audio for unmatched sequencer performance
• Compatible with popular DAWs or other music production software
• 32 multi-purpose encoders for custom assignment of parameters
• 4 virtual groups and 8 dual-mode encoders with push function
• 20 programmable buttons, assignable as note on/off, control and program change, MMC and system exclusive data
• All panel elements are freely assignable, manually or via user-friendly learn mode
• 32-step, 4-track Zaquencer featuring mono/polyphonic drum and note tracks
• Storage of all global parameters and up to 192 patterns, each consisting of 4 tracks
• 2 independent MIDI controls per track (program change, aftertouch, pitch bend, CCs)
• 4 CV/Gate and Sync connectors for controlling synthesizers, drum machines and other equipment
• 2 assignable footswitch connectors for handsfree control
• Multi-function OLED display for easy control of all parameters
• High visibility multi-color LED feedback to show status of all controls
• 1 MIDI input and 2 MIDI output connectors to serve as additional USB to MIDI interface
• MIDI input with merge function for cascading several control units
• USB powered compact design for ultimate portability
• Compatible with Apple iPad* via USB Camera Adapter (not included)
• Class-compliant MIDI/USB protocol for "plug and play" operation
• 3-year extended warranty upon registration

fieldframe
RE Developer

11 Jan 2021

This could be the best thing to come out of Music Tribe since the Neutron, if they nail the details.

The most important, and easiest to get wrong, is going to be the encoders themselves. I really hope they use quality, high-res ones like on NI's Komplete Kontrol series: Good encoders feel like analog pots. They don't require multiple revolutions or weird acceleration curves to go from 0-100 (this is why my Nektar P4 is sitting in storage rather than at my desk). Ideally, they're also touch-sensitive (NI's are) which makes it vastly easier to see mappings. The BCR's screen reminds me of the one on NI's M32, so I hope Behringer is thinking along the same lines!

Also important is software and drivers. This is the kind of device that would be perfect for hands-on synth control, but to do it well will require good software support and streamlined mapping. Getting this right will be hard, but can you imagine having one of these mapped to your favorite VSTs or even REs? It would be the closest thing to a one-knob-per-function controller.

O1B

12 Jan 2021

Nice Find.

motuscott

12 Jan 2021

Schweet!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

EdGrip

12 Jan 2021

I might be wrong, but this looks like a good original Behringer product??

JunctionArsonist

12 Jan 2021

Behringer's bad behaviour aside, this looks like a product to get behind.

motuscott

12 Jan 2021

What's the damage, you reckon?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

joeyluck

12 Jan 2021

motuscott wrote:
12 Jan 2021
What's the damage, you reckon?
Priced pretty low is my guess. Also with Sweetwater and Music Tribe recently announcing their "super partnership" that will reduce prices up to 40 percent, Behringer stuff could get even cheaper...

eusti

12 Jan 2021

I think I read on Facebook $ 149.

D.

MaMue

14 Jan 2021

We need display controller!
BCR-Display.jpg
BCR-Display.jpg (98.55 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

splitpen

13 Feb 2021

Just ordered some lasercutted aluminium overlay plates for the bcr2000 and brought them to new life for coloring.. worked out pretty well :D
In case someone is interested, i've attached the DXF file (Autocad) below.
https://imgshare.io/image/pwvLTQ
Attachments
bcroverlay.zip
(16.87 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

DaveyG

30 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
30 Nov 2022
Almost two years later... Anybody heard any news about this?
Not about that in particular but I have read recently that Behringer say the chip shortage is slowly easing and that they have about 20 synths production ready just waiting for components. They are hoping to start shipping some stuff Q1 next year. Quite where the BCR sits in the priority list remains to be seen.

In addition to the BCR I'm quite interested in seeing/hearing the Edge (DFAM clone) and the Proton - an evolution of the Neutron.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2022

Oh aye, not much of an update but, Behringer, apparently, will be releasing all what they have shown so far including this BCR, the mini synths collection and more.
Here's a vid from 'Take the fear out the Gear' only 2 weeks old and there's another review on Behringer after this vid on their YouTube channel :
https://youtu.be/g5SkwMc8brs

EDIT : Actually it's the video before this one were they highlight that Behringer are still going to produce what they have said.. Easy

Faastwalker

30 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
30 Nov 2022
Almost two years later... Anybody heard any news about this?
I hope they actually get round to this one. The original is a fantastic controller. But, it's Behringer :| ...........

• Information