Undo not working sometimes...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marc64

27 Jan 2019

Has this happened to you sometimes? It does for me and I don't know why, happens randomly. I have to restart reason for it to work.
I don't have any program in the background that interfere with it somehow...
Reason 10.2.2d1

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2019

Happens only with some vst effects. I can recall neutron 2 giving me problems with undo.

Marc64

27 Jan 2019

it happends with the nstive devices for me

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

PhillipOrdonez

27 Jan 2019

Oi, and no vsts present on the project? Because regardless of if I've just modified a parameter from a native device or not, the vst will still need with the undo, it is as if it constantly was changing a parameter.

Check to see if this happens without any midi controllers connected, it may also be that the controller is sending parameter changes all the time.

Marc64

28 Jan 2019

The undo dont work in the sequencer either when it happend. can that also be cause of a controller if that os the case?
Eiher way its a controller or a bug... O will check when it happens again and i turn of the controller, if that work its the controller else a bug i guess.

PhillipOrdonez

28 Jan 2019

Marc64 wrote:
28 Jan 2019
The undo dont work in the sequencer either when it happend. can that also be cause of a controller if that os the case?
Eiher way its a controller or a bug... O will check when it happens again and i turn of the controller, if that work its the controller else a bug i guess.

Yes could be a controller just sending constant random messages, when you undo, you undo the last random message, but it sends lots nonstop, so it feels like undo does nothing. Check on the edit menu at the top, Reason lists what the last actions were (for example, "undo delete clip", right after one delete a clip) and see if there is some random activity going on.
Keep us posted.

guitfnky

28 Jan 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Happens only with some vst effects. I can recall neutron 2 giving me problems with undo.
not sure if it’s the same problem, but I realized that if you use the track assistant, it treats all of the individual tweaks it makes as single undos. I was able to undo everything, but it was a pain, and took a couple of minutes.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

28 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
28 Jan 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 Jan 2019
not sure if it’s the same problem, but I realized that if you use the track assistant, it treats all of the individual tweaks it makes as single undos. I was able to undo everything, but it was a pain, and took a couple of minutes.
It is not the same problem. On some projects undo is out of the question, because what happens is if I'm doing things outside the vst, like general editing in the sequencer, I still cannot undo what I just did, cause the vst keeps doing things seemingly by itself, and Reason will think lots of things happened after I did whatever in the sequencer, so won't undo what I had literally just done. Do you know what I mean?

Reasonable man

28 Jan 2019

I find when you have soundflower or midi loopback or whatever comming in through the emi then undo dosn't work at all possibly its the same with some vsts

guitfnky

28 Jan 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Jan 2019
guitfnky wrote:
28 Jan 2019

It is not the same problem. On some projects undo is out of the question, because what happens is if I'm doing things outside the vst, like general editing in the sequencer, I still cannot undo what I just did, cause the vst keeps doing things seemingly by itself, and Reason will think lots of things happened after I did whatever in the sequencer, so won't undo what I had literally just done. Do you know what I mean?
ah, yeah, makes sense. I think I've encountered that too, now that you mention it. my ears (eyes) just perked up when you mentioned Neutron, and undos.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Dbmts

02 Feb 2020

Your right, I just upgraded to 11 and the undo doesn’t work. What a waste of money.
I’m I reason producer, I buy an upgrade to reason 10, and all I get is a VST for other daws, which I don’t have. I want my £130 back. I actually feel ripped off

TrueStory

11 Jan 2021

I've reached out to Reason Studios about this as I'm having the same issue as soon I upgraded to Reason 11 Suite. They said it could Izotope plug ins causing the issue but I doubt it as I've never this bug with Reason 10 Suite. Hopefully they pass this bug along to their R&D team for further analysis.

PhillipOrdonez

11 Jan 2021

I don't know what causes the issue but it isn't always. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. 🤷‍♂️

joeyluck

11 Jan 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
11 Jan 2021
I don't know what causes the issue but it isn't always. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. 🤷‍♂️
I've narrowed it down to adaptive mode for me. If I know I need to undo things, I'll disengage adaptive mode or bypass that iZotope effect. It is really annoying for sure.

PhillipOrdonez

11 Jan 2021

joeyluck wrote:
11 Jan 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
11 Jan 2021
I've narrowed it down to adaptive mode for me. If I know I need to undo things, I'll disengage adaptive mode or bypass that iZotope effect. It is really annoying for sure.
Not sure what adaptive mode is? But I can tell you, I have some templates set up for certain clients and they have settings unchanged and sometimes undo works and others it doesn't, even if I don't touch the izotope plugins in the session, which I seldom do. 🤷‍♂️

[J]a[s]o[n]

16 Mar 2024

I am using Reason 12.7.4d3 (build 15815) (stable channel).
Not sure what to do but I can nt use the undo function.
If I use either ctrl+Z or the undo from the drop down list, it does not work.
What am I to do? Any experts got a clue?

[J]a[s]o[n]

17 Mar 2024

Well I opened a new project and it is working now, so I assume it is a bug in the project file.

• Information