Request similar to show CPU load devices but audio

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
sdst
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2021

that show CPU load devices it's one of the best things they've ever done

it would be very useful another that show, peak, VU, rms in the diveces

I know there are REs for that, I have all

but it would be better in the way that show CPU load devices

it would be great

Loque

11 Jan 2021

You mean for each device, like when i have 10 fx in a chain, it would show it for each 10 fx?

This would be useful for gain staging, but this makes only sense, if i can modify the volume, so i need control over it and than i need a device between each device. This is what i do, when i need to gain stage.

You can try the khs Gain, which does the job quick and nice, and is for free.
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
11 Jan 2021
You mean for each device, like when i have 10 fx in a chain, it would show it for each 10 fx?
yes, but it only shows when you want to see it

the other way you have to put a bunch of RES meters to do that simple job

Loque

11 Jan 2021

sdst wrote:
11 Jan 2021
Loque wrote:
11 Jan 2021
yes, but it only shows when you want to see it

the other way you have to put a bunch of RES meters to do that simple job
Yea, that is what i meant. In the first step, you need only metering, in a 2nd step you need most of the time a Gain control. And than later, you start with EQing, Stereo, Compression, and many more. In the end, you will add the devices by yourself anyway. Where do you see the benefit from only seeing a meter? And what shall the metering show? Peaks? RMS?, Shall the meter fall fast, slow or should keep?

I think, the usecase is way too limited for "only" a metering and whatever it exactly shows beside the cluttering of the UI and difficult handling.

How exactly should it look, work and what benefit would you have?
Reason12, Win10

sdst
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2021

cluttering what? it's something that can be hidden

is for gain staging, most effects have volume control

show vu and peak

I repeat, something that can be hidden

if you don't like it, don't worry

selig
RE Developer

11 Jan 2021

I really like this idea, especially if you refine it just a little bit further. If it could optionally appear in the same place as the CPU percent, and show the highest peak (until you click to reset it). And here’s the kicker - if you could click and drag the value up/down for a function similar to clip gain, you’d have a very useful feature - and no need for Selig Gain (except for more advanced tasks)! Devices with no gain would display white, positive gain one color and negative gain another so you know at a glance which gains have been adjusted. 👍
Selig Audio, LLC

sdst
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2021

selig wrote:
11 Jan 2021
I really like this idea, especially if you refine it just a little bit further. If it could optionally appear in the same place as the CPU percent, and show the highest peak (until you click to reset it). And here’s the kicker - if you could click and drag the value up/down for a function similar to clip gain, you’d have a very useful feature - and no need for Selig Gain (except for more advanced tasks)! Devices with no gain would display white, positive gain one color and negative gain another so you know at a glance which gains have been adjusted. 👍
that would be even better

but I would be happy just to see a peaks and a vu, that can be reset

• Information