Help! Reason 10 not loading some VST plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
Rocketman

09 Jan 2021

Hi guys,
Got a bit of a problem and I am hoping that someone here can help.
Today I installed a demo version of Softube Tape but since doing so Reason can't load some of my VST plugins. I've rescanned the VST folders but still get the error message, any ideas on what causing the issue and how I can fix it?

Many thanks in advance

I'm using Reason 10 on a Windows 10 PC.

Despondo
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2021

What error message?

Rocketman

10 Jan 2021

Well, I think that I've narrowed the issue down a bit. The plugins that are not loading are the Waves plugins and the ones linked to my iLok account. In Waves central, my computer is seen as being disconnected (which it isn't) After doing some research I think that installing the Softube plugin and linking my iLok account to my Softube account somehow changed the identity of my computer (MAC) but at the moment I have no clue where to go from here!

Rocketman

10 Jan 2021

Still trying to fix this, I'm not 100% sure that the problem is the MAC identity now as another one of my other plugins, Blue Cat Audio gain is also not being loaded by Reason, even though it's installed in the same folder as some of the other plugins that are being loaded, go figure!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2021

So what happens if you remove that new plugin do you still get issues?

Rocketman

11 Jan 2021

Yes, I deleted the Softube demo and the problem is still there, this is a very strange one indeed!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2021

Is the Bluecat one iLok?
You said in your First post you’re in a Windows 10 pc and then later a Mac. Are you using two computers?
When you use iLok do you authorize in Cloud or in your machine?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Rocketman

11 Jan 2021

No Blue Cat doesn't go through iLok. When I said MAC I was referring to the MAC address (machine ID), not an Apple MAC , this is what Waves central uses to verify the license/computer.

Rocketman

11 Jan 2021

All sorted, what a relief, everything is working as it should be, thanks for your input guys, keep making the music :)

• Information