All individual AirRaid Audio REs gone from Shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1453
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 09 Jan 2021

Auryn wrote:
09 Jan 2021
moneykube wrote:
08 Jan 2021


hmmm... I wonder what happened????
Now... back to the monkey :thumbs_up:
Airraid Audio has sadly gone the way of Harambe.
So much for sharing/collaborating projects now....I use that distort device, in almost all my projects. :roll:
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2711
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 09 Jan 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
09 Jan 2021
So much for sharing/collaborating projects now....I use that distort device, in almost all my projects. :roll:
more often then not the people I collaborate with either don't have the racks I use or refuse uo use vst... so I just bounce the offending tracks to disk... yes it is a bigger file to share , but it has worked for me for years.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1453
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 09 Jan 2021

moneykube wrote:
09 Jan 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
09 Jan 2021
So much for sharing/collaborating projects now....I use that distort device, in almost all my projects. :roll:
more often then not the people I collaborate with either don't have the racks I use or refuse uo use vst... so I just bounce the offending tracks to disk... yes it is a bigger file to share , but it has worked for me for years.
Bouncing... then having to check for pops and clicks, is not fun. :(
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 2711
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 10 Jan 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
09 Jan 2021
Bouncing... then having to check for pops and clicks, is not fun. :(
I see your point. I have not run into that problem very often so far, but have not had the time to play with reason 11 to the extent I would have liked do to a hardware malfunction with my logic board(now finally fixed) Hopefully I won't run into the pop click thing with R11, because I do this a lot and have done this in many pervious versions with no real issues. My new Arturia keylap 49 essential arrived the other day and been having issues with the learning curve needed to map it with reason properly... Live is already mapped pretty much when keyboard arrived. The remote window is helping a bit... but I need to read the manual(s) more fully. and watch some videos since Reason is my DAW of choice. Don't have any controller mapping skills so this setup may take me some time it appears.What is weird is the patches of the Arturia Lab show up on the controller when selected in reason, but I can't change the patches with the controller ... yet Live does all of that with the controller and some things are already mapped ... right out of the box. Another learning curve. :puf_smile:
edit... whoops... back to the monkey :cool:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1453
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 10 Jan 2021

moneykube wrote:
10 Jan 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
09 Jan 2021
Bouncing... then having to check for pops and clicks, is not fun. :(
I see your point. I have not run into that problem very often so far, but have not had the time to play with reason 11 to the extent I would have liked do to a hardware malfunction with my logic board(now finally fixed) Hopefully I won't run into the pop click thing with R11, because I do this a lot and have done this in many pervious versions with no real issues. My new Arturia keylap 49 essential arrived the other day and been having issues with the learning curve needed to map it with reason properly... Live is already mapped pretty much when keyboard arrived. The remote window is helping a bit... but I need to read the manual(s) more fully. and watch some videos since Reason is my DAW of choice. Don't have any controller mapping skills so this setup may take me some time it appears.What is weird is the patches of the Arturia Lab show up on the controller when selected in reason, but I can't change the patches with the controller ... yet Live does all of that with the controller and some things are already mapped ... right out of the box. Another learning curve. :puf_smile:
edit... whoops... back to the monkey :cool:
Ableton does a lot of things right. :puf_smile:
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8816
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 11 Jan 2021

I found one part of the founders of Airraid Audio on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/artist/7297221-Jonathan-Reamonn
He released a album last year: https://www.discogs.com/artist/7297221-Jonathan-Reamonn

Nothing mentioned about his brother at all. There are a few ways to contact him via some forms. Whatever decision was behind, to quit the Airraid Audio business...
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6281
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
11 Jan 2021
I found one part of the founders of Airraid Audio on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/artist/7297221-Jonathan-Reamonn
He released a album last year: https://www.discogs.com/artist/7297221-Jonathan-Reamonn

Nothing mentioned about his brother at all. There are a few ways to contact him via some forms. Whatever decision was behind, to quit the Airraid Audio business...
I messaged them on SoundCloud about a month ago but no response.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8816
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 11 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2021


I messaged them on SoundCloud about a month ago but no response.
I dont think, he is active there. No releases since years on SC. You can try BC:
https://beanmachine.bandcamp.com/

I pasted the wrong link in my post.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6281
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 11 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
11 Jan 2021
MrFigg wrote:
11 Jan 2021


I messaged them on SoundCloud about a month ago but no response.
I dont think, he is active there. No releases since years on SC. You can try BC:
https://beanmachine.bandcamp.com/

I pasted the wrong link in my post.
I don’t really have any reason to contact them other than curiosity.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2505
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 15 Jan 2021

So I take it AirRaid has closed its doors now? I'm not finding anything about them on the interwebs, nor am I seeing anything in the shop (including the bundle that seemed to have remained). It's really too bad that these developers don't decide to just release the REs for free to the Reason community instead of taking them away forever. Like in the case of Hamu (RIP), he just gave them all away, instead of letting the REs go away forever. That's a great gesture and I wish all the developers would consider doing that, instead of just taking their products away forever.

Does anybody have any contact info for AirRaid? If you do, send it to me in a PM, please. I'm going to see if we can maybe get them to gift their REs, instead of letting them all die.
EDIT: OH, just read thru the last messages I hadn't seen yet. Looks like you guys already tried to contact AirRaid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8816
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 15 Jan 2021

challism wrote:
15 Jan 2021
So I take it AirRaid has closed its doors now? I'm not finding anything about them on the interwebs, nor am I seeing anything in the shop (including the bundle that seemed to have remained). It's really too bad that these developers don't decide to just release the REs for free to the Reason community instead of taking them away forever. Like in the case of Hamu (RIP), he just gave them all away, instead of letting the REs go away forever. That's a great gesture and I wish all the developers would consider doing that, instead of just taking their products away forever.

Does anybody have any contact info for AirRaid? If you do, send it to me in a PM, please. I'm going to see if we can maybe get them to gift their REs, instead of letting them all die.
EDIT: OH, just read thru the last messages I hadn't seen yet. Looks like you guys already tried to contact AirRaid.
You can try the contact via Bandcamp if you like:
viewtopic.php?p=534323#p534323
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

freshkidblaze
Posts: 39
Joined: 20 Oct 2020

Post 01 Apr 2021

One of my friends told me to get their frequency splitter and I noticed their products are no longer available. Is there a possibility they will return?

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1508
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

Seems doubtful but I hope they will.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6281
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 01 Apr 2021

They seem to be unreachable or at least unresponsive on all media.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 01 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
15 Jan 2021
It's really too bad that these developers don't decide to just release the REs for free to the Reason community instead of taking them away forever.
We don't really know what happened, do we? All we know for sure is that they are offline.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2505
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
01 Apr 2021
challism wrote:
15 Jan 2021
It's really too bad that these developers don't decide to just release the REs for free to the Reason community instead of taking them away forever.
We don't really know what happened, do we? All we know for sure is that they are offline.
You are right, we don't know what happened. I'm not just talking about AirRaid, though. I'm talking generally about all devs who decided to remove items, instead of just gift them to the community.

PX7 is a good example. It would be so cool if the RS employee who built that decided to just release it for free instead of letting it disappear forever. It just seems like a shame and a waste to take a perfectly good product down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1453
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 02 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
02 Apr 2021
It just seems like a shame and a waste to take a perfectly good product down.
:cry: it's sad.
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 6281
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 02 Apr 2021

What if it wasn’t them. What if it was RS themselves. Maybe AirraidAudio has tenuous links to the KKK or some Mexican drug cartel or a season ticket to Disney on Ice or something equally terrible. We just don’t know. Maybe a spokesperson for Airraid would care to take the opportunity here to issue a statement?
丰2ॐ

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2505
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
02 Apr 2021
or a season ticket to Disney on Ice or something equally terrible.
ha ha ha One might argue that NOTHING could be equally bad to Disney on Ice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 02 Apr 2021

Call me slow, but I just now realized I should be curious…

What happens to AirRaid's REs now that they are no longer available to new customers?

Do I retain access as long as RS has their copy? Will RS always have their copy?

I guess it probably depends on why they are no longer available to new customers.

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1508
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Call me slow, but I just now realized I should be curious…

What happens to AirRaid's REs now that they are no longer available to new customers?

Do I retain access as long as RS has their copy? Will RS always have their copy?

I guess it probably depends on why they are no longer available to new customers.
If you bought a RE and it gets discontinued it’s yours to keep, forever, until disaster strikes wherever RS keeps their servers and backups.

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 02 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
02 Apr 2021
I'm talking generally about all devs who decided to remove items, instead of just gift them to the community.
Probably the story varies on an RE-by-RE basis. Maybe the only way to minimize support requests for a product is to remove it from the store. Or maybe the RE is based on somebody else's audio DSP code (and the value added by the RE is merely the GUI), in which case each copy downloaded might actually cost the developer money. It seems unlikely that developers withdraw products from the store simply because they've decided they hate revenue and they want the rest of us to suffer.
challism wrote:
02 Apr 2021
PX7 is a good example. It would be so cool if the RS employee who built that decided to just release it for free instead of letting it disappear forever. It just seems like a shame and a waste to take a perfectly good product down.
For an RE in which the mothership has an interest, in addition to the sorts of thing mentioned above there may be factors such as conflict with a larger RS strategic direction, which might include details to which those of us on the outside will never be privy.

To be clear, I have zero inside information on the development or distribution of specific REs or REs in general, but software development for retail has been my day job for decades, so I can speculate in a somewhat more informed fashion than the average bear. These stories almost never reveal an inappropriate lack of altruistic virtue on the part of the developer.

This all said, if you want to reduce all these complex issues to "capitalism sucks", I just might have to join forces with you. :-)
Last edited by integerpoet on 02 Apr 2021, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
integerpoet
Posts: 137
Joined: 30 Dec 2020
Location: East Bay, California

Post 02 Apr 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
02 Apr 2021
If you bought a RE and it gets discontinued it’s yours to keep, forever, until disaster strikes wherever RS keeps their servers and backups.
Fabulous. That's what I vaguely remembered but I couldn't think of where to find chapter and verse.

Elements Splitter probably isn't irreplaceable, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for it.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2358
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

I searched for "Disney on Ice scandal" and found a 2019 story about a"Former vice president of Walt Disney Pictures and Television, Michael Laney"
I don't believe he's a Re dev.
757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1453
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 02 Apr 2021

bxbrkrz wrote:
02 Apr 2021
I searched for "Disney on Ice scandal" and found a 2019 story about a"Former vice president of Walt Disney Pictures and Television, Michael Laney"
I don't believe he's a Re dev.
Image
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Trendiction [Bot] and 1 guest