Tribute Wavetable Synthesizer Song Challenge - Prizes for top 3 songs and all participants entered into a drawing!

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
Loque

06 Jan 2021

If you need some inspirational sounds:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521178
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
04 Jan 2021

Here's mine. I've got no idea how to upload on my artists page for Soundcloud (which was set up by my old distro and I have no access to) so Bandcamp it is.
All up , 14 instances of Tribute. I only really scratched the surface with sound design on this one, and got caught up more in the song structure. But it's a great design tool, and really quick to come up with ideas for. I avoided using automation and relied on Tribute's built in mod matrix, partly as a challenge to myself and partly because I've started to move away from automation in general recently. Very minimal use of FX too: Just a hint of RV700 and Echo in a couple of spots was needed besides some EQ and compression in the mixing stage.
Nice work on this one! Lots of crazy stuff going on. :thumbs_up:

strangers
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2021

I'm a little late to the game and hopefully will have my song finished up and submitted later today. I really like this RE.

zoidkirb

07 Jan 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
07 Jan 2021
Nice work on this one! Lots of crazy stuff going on. :thumbs_up:
Much appreciated man. Had a lot of fun on my first ever OSC. I've realised it's a really efficient and inspiring way to get work done.

strangers
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2021

Here's my entry. Good luck to all!

deeplink
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2021

Thought I would jump through the psy trance wormhole and submit my own version for the tribute song challenge.

Safe to say this is by far the most populated reason rack and sequencer I ever had to manage.

Hope you guys enjoy the tune, good luck to all.

https://soundcloud.com/deeplinkmusic/always-late

Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

joeyluck

08 Jan 2021

Thanks for sharing your entries here! :)

Just a heads up to everyone else that this is the final weekend!

Kuranes2021

08 Jan 2021

Hello everybody! It's been a while since I've been posting here (that's because I couldn't remember neither my password for my former boardname "Kuranes", nor the password for the email-account I used back then to create that boardaccount), but I've been a silent guest and enjoyed reading the conversations here.

That Tribute Wavetable Synthesizer Song Challenge now made me join again with a new account, because I liked demoeing that Synth very much, and it was great fun to produce my track for this challenge, and as always, I've learned a lot along the way.

Here it is - "spiritbox":

(Edit: except for the Kick (Redrum) and the claps (AC1-Acoustic Clapper) all sounds were produced with Speo's TRIBUTE WAVETABLE SYNTHESIZER. No effects were used either, all synth sounds are the pure signal of Tribute)
Last edited by Kuranes2021 on 09 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Kuranes2021

09 Jan 2021

P.S.: The tracks of my competitors are truly impressive! It is always fascinating and inspiring to see, what diverse styles of music can be made with just one synth. Good luck to all!

wowhow
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2021

Thank you for another song challenge. I like the track I made with Tribute so I thought I'd share it here!
I wasn't able to use tribute to it's full capabilities because of my lack of musical production skills/composition skills but I really enjoyed adjusting the mods and all the presets - they were really easy to use and easy to understand! I think I'm going to try making a Skrillex type wobbly bass synth with this later!

lipo231

09 Jan 2021

happy new year :)

rare_shadow
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2021

I already posted in the music forum but I'll put it here as well.

I have used
- 6 instances of Tribute
- Raum (reverb)
- UJAM Finisher (multi effect)
- OTT (multiband compressor)
- Ozone 8 Elements (mastering)
- All drums sounds from Reason's Drum supply

Thanks for the competition, Speo and ReasonTalk!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2021

Arhhh, looks like I missed another comp... oh well... good luck everyone...

EDIT: I have a few hours left !!!!! it takes me that long to get my brain in gear LOL...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2021

deeplink wrote:
08 Jan 2021
Thought I would jump through the psy trance wormhole and submit my own version for the tribute song challenge.

Safe to say this is by far the most populated reason rack and sequencer I ever had to manage.

Hope you guys enjoy the tune, good luck to all.

https://soundcloud.com/deeplinkmusic/always-late

Nice one.....

joeyluck

10 Jan 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
10 Jan 2021
Arhhh, looks like I missed another comp... oh well... good luck everyone...

EDIT: I have a few hours left !!!!! it takes me that long to get my brain in gear LOL...
Lol yes, over 17.5 hours remaining from now :)

You can view the countdown timer at the bottom of the announcement: https://www.reasontalk.com/2020/12/trib ... challenge/

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

10 Jan 2021

Here's my track! All sounds except for the drums, made by Tribute.

Good luck everybody!
/Jens

Tornado

10 Jan 2021

Here is my entry.

Heavily inpired by the Turrican games on the Amiga, that I played as a teenager. Chris Hülsbeck forever! :geek:

Good luck everyone.

stratatonic

10 Jan 2021

Happy New Year folks! This is a pretty cool synth. I like it.

EDIT: I screwed up the link here first time I posted, so I think I messed up on the submission form - I re-submitted another form. (I think I did :roll: )

Last edited by stratatonic on 23 Jan 2021, edited 2 times in total.

joeyluck

10 Jan 2021

stratatonic wrote:
10 Jan 2021
Happy New Year folks! This is a pretty cool synth. I like it.

EDIT: I screwed up the link here first time I posted, so I think I messed up on the submission form - I re-submitted another form. (I think I did :roll: )

Yes, we got them both. I'll eliminate the first one. Thanks!

Melody303

10 Jan 2021

Fortunately, I remembered this was taking place on the last day, so got to work and came out with this one. :)

It was really difficult not to use any proper 303 in this song, and I need emotional support now! :P
I did actually use ABL3 here, but it's not outputting any audio. Just sequencing one of the instances of Tribute. All the sound sources here are either Tribute, drum samples in Redrum, or my voice. :)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

moneykube

10 Jan 2021

under the wire and on fire :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Tornado

11 Jan 2021

JensHaglof wrote:
10 Jan 2021

Good luck everybody!
/Jens
What a fun track. I thought the part 4:40-5:45 was quite interesting. It makes me feel like a bystander in your studio, listening to you trying out patches and experimenting with the effects section on the synth. Then the song gradually pulls up its pants and find its way back to its happy, carefree roots. That put a big smile on my face.

JensHaglof
Competition Winner

11 Jan 2021

Tornado wrote:
11 Jan 2021
JensHaglof wrote:
10 Jan 2021

Good luck everybody!
/Jens
What a fun track. I thought the part 4:40-5:45 was quite interesting. It makes me feel like a bystander in your studio, listening to you trying out patches and experimenting with the effects section on the synth. Then the song gradually pulls up its pants and find its way back to its happy, carefree roots. That put a big smile on my face.
Thank you! :)
Glad you liked the song!
I liked your song too! Felt really well put together. Cool sounds and melodies!
/Jens

• Information