Melodic Inverter 1.2 hits the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
madmacman

07 Sep 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
07 Sep 2020

This will be available to the public in probably 3-4 days going on current waiting times. If you haven't bought it yet, please note that it will be going on sale very soon as part of The Loopcracker Bundle, which it is now being added into.

Many thanks,
Brian
Hi Brian,

thanks for your reply and your efforts to track down the root cause. I look forward giving it another try (I'm an early adopter - so I can lean back and wait for the update :) ).

Cheers
J.

MannequinRaces

07 Sep 2020

A bundle. Yay!! Time to trial some of these devices.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 Sep 2020

Hi folks,

the update for Mel Inverter is now available. So if you already own it hit Sync All :)

For those waiting for the sale on Loopcracker, it should be starting soon.

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

14 Sep 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 Sep 2020
Hi folks,

the update for Mel Inverter is now available. So if you already own it hit Sync All :)

For those waiting for the sale on Loopcracker, it should be starting soon.

Cheers,
Brian
...and the Note Humanizer update is now available too :)

madmacman

17 Sep 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
14 Sep 2020
Hi folks,

Awesome! :) Hope I'll have some time next weekend to give it a try.

icondark

05 Jan 2021

I haven't used Negate, but I've got Melodic Inverter and I can tell the difference from the screenshots earlier in this thread. Note latching issues aside, one thing the the basic Melodic Inverter algorithm seems to do is broaden the note range of the incoming MIDI. Or, as I call it frustratingly: "Spread notes all over the g#@$mn place!" This isn't a bug, this is just how they chose to implement the inversion algorithm. Negate *seems to* keep the note range closer to the original, which I prefer. When I do melodic inversion manually, I get results that look like Negate, not Melodic Inverter.

challism

05 Jan 2021

icondark wrote:
05 Jan 2021
one thing the the basic Melodic Inverter algorithm seems to do is broaden the note range of the incoming MIDI. Or, as I call it frustratingly: "Spread notes all over the g#@$mn place!"
ha ha ha, that's one way to put it!
Something I have found that helps with this is to put an instance of Tonic Mint's In-range or Static Cling's Delta (file attached) below Melodic Inverter to keep those notes within your preferred range.
Attachments
Delta Force-Range-C3-to-C4.zip
(1006 Bytes) Downloaded 30 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

08 Jan 2021

icondark wrote:
05 Jan 2021
I haven't used Negate, but I've got Melodic Inverter and I can tell the difference from the screenshots earlier in this thread. Note latching issues aside, one thing the the basic Melodic Inverter algorithm seems to do is broaden the note range of the incoming MIDI. Or, as I call it frustratingly: "Spread notes all over the g#@$mn place!" This isn't a bug, this is just how they chose to implement the inversion algorithm. Negate *seems to* keep the note range closer to the original, which I prefer. When I do melodic inversion manually, I get results that look like Negate, not Melodic Inverter.
Hi,

This is why the Spread controls were added, so that you get much more control.

We've also added much more by way of algorithms in for the "next version" which will be coming out fairly soon. Included is a "classic" version which is the "Rachmaninoff" inversion itself, and we've also added a lot more. It was perhaps something of an eccentric design choice to lead with the proprietary algo now that I'm looking at it with some hindsight :D Still it's unique, I suppose.

Hopefully have this out before the end of January, but it'll maybe run into February now, difficult to say.

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

08 Jan 2021

icondark wrote:
05 Jan 2021
Note latching issues aside,
By the way if you are still seeing some sort of issue with note hangs then can you please report them to me. It's in everyones interest to get bugs fixed, and if anyone can easily reproduce something then it needs to be reported to me, or I might not ever get the same bug - different people use plugins in different ways, and thus some people are in a better position than even the developer to find and reproduce issues.

Email ANY issues to enlightenspeed@gmail.com

regards,
Brian

• Information