Spitfire Audio - BBCSO Discover - $49 or FREE

Discuss VST stuff here!
DaveyG

28 May 2020

EdGrip wrote:
28 May 2020
DaveyG wrote:
28 May 2020

Wow. That's a real surprise. A company at the premium end of the market and they have had plenty of time to sort it.
Ask ANY developer about Catalina.
And most of them will say "yeah, it was a pain but we've sorted it"

joeyluck

28 May 2020

DaveyG wrote:
28 May 2020
EdGrip wrote:
28 May 2020

Ask ANY developer about Catalina.
And most of them will say "yeah, it was a pain but we've sorted it"
Spitfire Audio plugins work on Catalina.
dvdrtldg wrote:
28 May 2020
Got it! And also got my new MacBook Pro this week. Turns out Spitfire doesn't work with OS Catalina yet. Boo.
This isn't true. What issue are you having?

rogfrich

30 May 2020

I filled out the survey yesterday. Looking forward to it!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

When’s it supposed to be coming? I did the survey nearly 3 weeks ago and they said 2. Contacted support.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

30 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2020
When’s it supposed to be coming? I did the survey nearly 3 weeks ago and they said 2. Contacted support.
I already received the email, dled it and installed, but did not opened it. Check your emails and spam. It was unremarkable email.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

30 May 2020

Loque wrote:
30 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2020
I already received the email, dled it and installed, but did not opened it. Check your emails and spam. It was unremarkable email.
Also, if you have your account setup and the Spitfire Audio app installed, you'll find it under your products that are not installed.

DaveyG

30 May 2020

Mine arrived exactly 14 days later and the day before they sent me an email telling me it would arrive the next day.

Loque

30 May 2020

joeyluck wrote:
30 May 2020
Loque wrote:
30 May 2020

Also, if you have your account setup and the Spitfire Audio app installed, you'll find it under your products that are not installed.
Yea, exactly. Here is the link if you missed the email:
https://www.spitfireaudio.com/info/library-manager/
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2020
Guess they didn't like how you responded to the BBC question :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

30 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
30 May 2020
MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2020
Hahaha. Yeah. There’s a good chance that’s true.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

30 May 2020

moneykube wrote:
28 May 2020
dvdrtldg wrote:
28 May 2020
Got it! And also got my new MacBook Pro this week. Turns out Spitfire doesn't work with OS Catalina yet. Boo.
The program requires: Mac OS X 10.10 or later Minimum: 2.8GHz i5 minimum (quad-core), 8GB RAM. All the free labs work for me... including the bbc version I got for doing the survey...perhaps you can find out the problem why it is not working for you here https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en ... =✓#results
os 10.15.4... spitfire version 3.2.6
edit... downloading os 10.15.5 now... will report back if things stop working with spitfire but it likely will be fine
Thanks for that... yeah looks like I was wrong, I'll just reinstall everything and see what happens

DaveyG

31 May 2020

MrFigg wrote:
30 May 2020
Boombastix wrote:
30 May 2020

Hahaha. Yeah. There’s a good chance that’s true.
Maybe it was that last question where they asked "Do you want this free library?" It was a tricky one that one. I had to google the answer.

musicalcrimeprod

04 Jan 2021

I downloaded the Spitfire Audio app on my MacBook Air then downloaded the Spitfire Audio - BBC Symphony Orchestra (BBCSO) to my external hard drive.

I took the hard drive to my iMac where I do all my work in ProTools, but this is where I had an issue.

I downloaded the Spitfire Audio app on the iMac and then tried installing the BBCSO Core from my external hard drive to my iMac but got a red exclamation mark. The BBCSO Plugins and BBCSO Discover worked without issue.

I got a message saying, "You don't have any resets remaining for this library - please contact Spitfire customer support for further resets."

Spitfire Audio reset the reset limit for this library. But the BBCSO Core was still having an issue.

I logged out and logged back in again suddenly they all said installed. Which is cool. But now it doesn't show up in ProTools.

I followed the YouTube instructions to open up BBCSO in ProTools

Not working.

BBCSO isn't showing up when I go to multichannel plug-in and instrument.

BBC Symphony Orchestra not opening in ProTools. Please help a stressed gal out!
The live chat is unable to help and has to send this off to tech but can't give an estimated turnaround time hearing from them.

Has anyone else experienced this?

***Disclaimer***

I'm not connected to the internet on this computer. Only did so to download the Spitfire app, but I don't use the internet when logged into ProTools.

But the customer service person also said I didn't need to be logged into the Spitfire app for this stage. You can use it just like Kontakt offline. So why doesn't it work?

dvdrtldg

05 Jan 2021

I like this OK, but I wish there was some way to control the amount of hall reverb they've slapped across everything. Limits its usefulness a bit

miscend

08 Jan 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
05 Jan 2021
I like this OK, but I wish there was some way to control the amount of hall reverb they've slapped across everything. Limits its usefulness a bit
There's knob for turning down the added reverb. But there's also room ambience recorded with the samples.

dvdrtldg

09 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
08 Jan 2021
dvdrtldg wrote:
05 Jan 2021
There's knob for turning down the added reverb. But there's also room ambience recorded with the samples.
Yeah you're right, I guess I'm talking about the room ambience. It really dominates, and locks you into a certain sound (which is very hall-reverby). But that said, it's free so no point complaining

esselfortium

09 Jan 2021

The Pro version of BBCSO has a ton of microphones so you can have more control to dial in the exact sound you want. It's a lot pricier than "free" though.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

moalla

10 Jan 2021

I'm curious about to test it and how it sounds
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

• Information