Softube RE shop page owner/manager dead?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EpiGenetik

05 Jan 2021

DougalDarkly wrote:
04 Jan 2021
or they don't know how to manage their products on the RS shop - this third option is more likely(?), especially if you factor in the 'I don't really care about REs, because the market's too small' angle.
It might be tempting to think this, but honestly, the shop pages is like 3-4 foolproof dropdown menus for prices etc and the rest is just entry space for text and media. It really couldn't be easier (it has its pernickety bits but outright failure just wouldn't happen - I hope), so if someone can code competently in C++ and Lua, then it's not likely they would struggle with this.

The only caveat I can think of for this would be sellers who were in the shop from day 1, like Korg, Rob Papen etc. It would be feasible for them not to know some of this stuff if it just wasn't there at the start point or if it was added during the earlier development phases which they were present during, but I can't comment on that.

WasteLand

05 Jan 2021

i have the FET Compressor, the passive-active pack (3 eq's), and the tsar-1 bundle (and more), bought it for €110 together. that is 5 vst plugins, yes vst.
secret: wait, wait, wait, on KVR... the mix bundle i bought (which also contains the tsar-1r, i have 3 or 4 licenses for it...), and waited for a tsar-1, and got one for €40..

softube vst have nice discounts. sometimes, for a few days, very low. but as RE's too expensive.

i my opinion softube delivers excellent quality, and usefull plugins.
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

ekss
RE Developer

05 Jan 2021

I’ve got FET and TubeTech, got both in sale when they where something like 50% off. So, sales do happen, but very rarely.
Softube does excellent stuff as pointed out by a few others, all their prices are quite high, and so is the quality.

Regarding them sayin that they don’t handle the RS shop page makes me think that it’s a deal between them and RS. Probably Reason offered to adapt the source code into RE versions and thus handles the shop pages for Softube. I would think this could be the case with Korg too, as they probably wanted some high end products in the early days of the shop. Just speculation but it would explain them not having control over their product pages in the RS shop.

estuary

05 Jan 2021

WasteLand wrote:
05 Jan 2021

softube vst have nice discounts. sometimes, for a few days, very low. but as RE's too expensive.

I agree with you

and yes, from black Friday to Christmas holidays they had great discounts on many different products (VST)
(still now I think https://www.softube.com/end-of-year-sal ... -mastering)
I discovered Softube products because of RE format but now it seems that they gave up with RE format, so I had to use their VST.
It's alright since now Reason support VST and it works great but I wish they could continu their collaboration and even release specific and unique Softube RE.
Let's see!

Loque

06 Jan 2021

ekss wrote:
05 Jan 2021
I’ve got FET and TubeTech, got both in sale when they where something like 50% off. So, sales do happen, but very rarely.
Softube does excellent stuff as pointed out by a few others, all their prices are quite high, and so is the quality.

Regarding them sayin that they don’t handle the RS shop page makes me think that it’s a deal between them and RS. Probably Reason offered to adapt the source code into RE versions and thus handles the shop pages for Softube. I would think this could be the case with Korg too, as they probably wanted some high end products in the early days of the shop. Just speculation but it would explain them not having control over their product pages in the RS shop.
If that would be true, RS could fix the bugs, but that dude from Softube just said, that they won't fix the bug and not, that i need to ask RS (PH back in that time).
Reason12, Win10

DecafDreams

06 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
06 Jan 2021
ekss wrote:
05 Jan 2021

If that would be true, RS could fix the bugs, but that dude from Softube just said, that they won't fix the bug and not, that i need to ask RS (PH back in that time).
Maybe there's an arrangement whereby they were coded by Softube but have now been handed over to RS to administer and Softube have essentially washed their hands of them but still retain overall ownership of the rights to them...

guitfnky

06 Jan 2021

that still doesn’t track with RS’ penchant for sales. I highly doubt that’s the case.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

challism

06 Jan 2021

DecafDreams wrote:
06 Jan 2021
Maybe there's an arrangement whereby they were coded by Softube but have now been handed over to RS to administer and Softube have essentially washed their hands of them but still retain overall ownership of the rights to them...
I highly doubt RS has a special deal with Softube to manage their products. Where are you getting all these assumptions? I've got an assumption, and I think it's far more likely: Softube doesn't really care about fixing their bugs, maintaining their REs or RS shop page because the market is too small to justify any efforts and the customer service rep has no idea what they are talking about.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

WasteLand

06 Jan 2021

estuary wrote:
05 Jan 2021
WasteLand wrote:
05 Jan 2021

I agree with you

and yes, from black Friday to Christmas holidays they had great discounts on many different products (VST)
I discovered Softube products because of RE format but now it seems that they gave up with RE format, so I had to use their VST.
It's alright since now Reason support VST and it works great but I wish they could continu their collaboration and even release specific and unique Softube RE.
Let's see!
they weren't all the best discounts, softube has flash sales. normal, some other brands also don't have the best offers on black friday.

because i own also soft modular and it had long standing problems, i had great contact with softube, but they were quite swamped, it took sometime, all is well know... it isn't a big company.
that does not make an excuse not to update the RE products.

general remark; many (or many?) RE's seem quite "old", i.e. bugfixes they have, but afterwards. not many updates. stable SDK??
the RE products of softube are longstanding effects, perhaps they are on par with vst, because the updates for vst's aren't that spectular (although the last half year, i no, until a few months, a half year of problems, or somewhat shorter, for many users, but normally very stable plugins. again very stable.).

korg doesn't update their GUI, for RE. is it really necessary, no. the core is the same.

but i am never defending a product/brand. i don't have softube RE's, except the saturation knob, so i can't know if they are problematic.

but you can expect a different answer, approach of softube for their RE's. o i see it was for a bugfix, that is the responsibilty of softube of course.
don't expect that RS will tamper with code of third party RE's. RS in that way, for third party, just a store.
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

Loque

06 Jan 2021

WasteLand wrote:
06 Jan 2021
estuary wrote:
05 Jan 2021

I agree with you

Let's see!
they weren't all the best discounts, softube has flash sales. normal, some other brands also don't have the best offers on black friday.

because i own also soft modular and it had long standing problems, i had great contact with softube, but they were quite swamped, it took sometime, all is well know... it isn't a big company.
that does not make an excuse not to update the RE products.

general remark; many (or many?) RE's seem quite "old", i.e. bugfixes they have, but afterwards. not many updates. stable SDK??
the RE products of softube are longstanding effects, perhaps they are on par with vst, because the updates for vst's aren't that spectular (although the last half year, i no, until a few months, a half year of problems, or somewhat shorter, for many users, but normally very stable plugins. again very stable.).

korg doesn't update their GUI, for RE. is it really necessary, no. the core is the same.

but i am never defending a product/brand. i don't have softube RE's, except the saturation knob, so i can't know if they are problematic.

but you can expect a different answer, approach of softube for their RE's. o i see it was for a bugfix, that is the responsibilty of softube of course.
don't expect that RS will tamper with code of third party RE's. RS in that way, for third party, just a store.
Ofc there are also some old RE and also VSTs that dont get any fixes or updates anymore. If they dont get fixes or the software is too buggy, i dont buy anything anymore from the dev/company. Thats one of the reasons i dont buy anything from Rob Papen anymore - everytime i touch something fro them, i find a bug and omse are still not fixed (VST).
On the other side, i contacted Prawave because Rapid had a bug -> 2 weeks later a fix. Synapse takes a bit longer, but they do it, just received an answer to some weird thing today. Just a few examples... And Softube said "We dont care. Use your ears." and stuff like that. And "2nd Sense Audio" are some weird ppl too, they do not have a dev for their VST to fix the bugs, but still sell it. I mean, seriously, wtf?
Reason12, Win10

DecafDreams

07 Jan 2021

challism wrote:
06 Jan 2021
DecafDreams wrote:
06 Jan 2021
I highly doubt RS has a special deal with Softube to manage their products. Where are you getting all these assumptions? I've got an assumption, and I think it's far more likely: Softube doesn't really care about fixing their bugs, maintaining their REs or RS shop page because the market is too small to justify any efforts and the customer service rep has no idea what they are talking about.
I'm just hypothesising, given neither Softube nor Reason Studios will be straight up with us about these seemingly abandoned REs.

antic604

08 Jan 2021

challism wrote:
06 Jan 2021
I think it's even simpler - they forgot the login and/or password ;)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2021

Three pages on a dev which left the building around the same time as Elvis. Wonder if they’re reading this.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

08 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
08 Jan 2021
Three pages on a dev which left the building around the same time as Elvis. Wonder if they’re reading this.
nah, but Elvis probably is. :lol:
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Jan 2021

guitfnky wrote:
08 Jan 2021
MrFigg wrote:
08 Jan 2021
nah, but Elvis probably is. :lol:
Strangely enough Elvis is an anagram of Evil S (oftube). Coincidence? I’ll let you judge that for yourself.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DecafDreams

12 Jan 2021

And just like Elvis, what they've left us with is absolutely legendary...

• Information