Recording a track to audio (not bounce in place)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BobbyDismay

07 Jan 2021

I've got a drum sequence going then a bunch of effects that I'm enjoying playing around with the settings whilst it's playing. I simply want to record this to an audio track while I mess with the values in real time.. If I create an audio track the only input options I can see are the ones on my interface, is there a way to route a track to an audio track and record in real time?

loopeydoug

07 Jan 2021

The answer lies on the mix channel rack device for your drum instrument. If you open it up(the triangle on the left of the device) and look in the lower right area of it you'll see a little button that says "REC SOURCE". Hit that button and then head to the audio track you created in the sequencer window. Click on your "IN" button for the audio track and your drum instrument should now be available as a "record source" for live recording the audio coming from it.

EDIT: If the effects in question are "sends" from the master section and not "in-line" with your drum instrument you'll need to do the same procedure but with the Master Section rack device's "REC SOURCE" button turned on instead of the Mix Channel device for your drum instrument.

BobbyDismay

08 Jan 2021

Got it! Thanks, very useful tool for me this one :-)

utdgrant

08 Jan 2021

Thanks so much loopeydoug! I've been wondering if this is possible for months. Perfect for long-form ambient tracks!

:thumbs_up: :)
Grant Middleton (records as "Under the Dome")

:reason: 12, Windows 10, 64-bit

Personal Website

YouTube channel

• Information