2020 was Reason's best year ever, apparently!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stratatonic

02 Jan 2021

Of course it was @reasonstudios best year ever.

ReasonStudios only came into being in August of 2019. Before that, it was Propellerhead Software.

If Jan2020-Dec2020 can't beat Aug2019-Dec2019, then something is definitely wrong. :)

It's odd, some people here seem shocked that ReasonStudios could possibly be doing well, apparently...

SoundObjects

02 Jan 2021

Hope not Reason is getting to popular because that is exactly one of its advantages.

I like especially Reason for its standout from other daws and still having a nice creative interface.

Use popular daw applications which is selling good - if You wannabe and sound like everyone else. ;)
The Universe Is Vibrating

EnochLight

02 Jan 2021

hurricane wrote:
01 Jan 2021
More Reason users because... more people using "Reason" in the form of the RRP, not necessarily the DAW
To be fair, it's not like this is a bad thing. RRP and Reason DAW proper are developed in tandem, and we've already been told a dozen times that Reason DAW proper isn't going away. I've slowly come to accept that I no longer care how new users come about - if it's selling more licenses to keep the lights on, that means we keep getting more Reason. ;) :thumbs_up:

But I understand your skepticism. When you have private companies with no public revenue numbers available (easily anyway) making bold claims by a fresh CEO, it only makes sense to be skeptical.

That said, I'm looking forward to 2021. It's a good time to be a computer-based musician.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

kuhliloach

02 Jan 2021

To those who say the RRP did the trick I agree with you. Reason, even with the outdated portions, remains the best-in-class at its unique workflow for sound design.

motuscott

02 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jan 2021
That said, I'm looking forward to 2021. It's a good time to be a computer-based musician.
Same here!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

miscend

02 Jan 2021

Urs said on KVR that the Reason CEO was bragging inappropriately given the current climate. Maybe I'm reading things wrong here, but it seems things soured a bit ever since they stopped making REs.

EnochLight

02 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2021
Urs said on KVR that the Reason CEO was bragging inappropriately given the current climate. Maybe I'm reading things wrong here, but it seems things soured a bit ever since they stopped making REs.
I don’t doubt their relationship isn’t buttery, but another possibility is that Urs is being a total snowflake. The current climate as in a pandemic? What does Urs expect - all CEO’s just stop doing what CEO’s are paid to do?

Urs might still be sore that some users mentioned what an awesome programmer Peter Jubel is back during the whole Uhbik RE thing (Urs abandoned RE development and then threw a tantrum when users complained when he didn’t fix his buggy RE’s).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

02 Jan 2021

That's great news. Something positive from 2020. Looking forward to Reason 12 :D

plaamook

03 Jan 2021

I personally had a hand in this.
I actually talked a friend into getting Reason 11 during black friday sales.
He used Reason a bit years back at like V2 or something so he was familiar enough to just get in and jam and gone long enough to be pretty blown away by what's changed.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2021

plaamook wrote:
03 Jan 2021
He used Reason a bit years back at like V2 or something so he was familiar enough to just get in and jam and gone long enough to be pretty blown away by what's changed.
Haha :). You should maybe contact RS and ask for commission. Who knows. Bright future for you in their sales dept. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

03 Jan 2021

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jan 2021
plaamook wrote:
03 Jan 2021
Haha :). You should maybe contact RS and ask for commission. Who knows. Bright future for you in their sales dept. :).
Commission? No way. I’m going for a retainer at the very least.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

SebAudio

03 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2021
I don’t doubt their relationship isn’t buttery, but another possibility is that Urs is being a total snowflake. The current climate as in a pandemic? What does Urs expect - all CEO’s just stop doing what CEO’s are paid to do?

Urs might still be sore that some users mentioned what an awesome programmer Peter Jubel is back during the whole Uhbik RE thing (Urs abandoned RE development and then threw a tantrum when users complained when he didn’t fix his buggy RE’s).
I just think Urs is somewhat active on KVR and now and then he comments on the music industry business (what he said about VCV is quite interesting).
So he reacted on RS CEO tweet which can indeed be interpreted as boasting. He could have done the same kind of marketing as it seems the 50% off sale of u-he products by NI is a great success.

Regarding the talent of programming software synth, I don’t doubt Peter Vogel is great and he’s the one who has made them a reality in 2000. But Urs is the one who has programmed the synths which have raised the bar of « analog emulation » quality since 2010. He’s legitimate to comment the musical instrument industry.

tanni

03 Jan 2021

EnochLight wrote:
02 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2021

Urs is a nice guy. I have bought all RE from u-he in past and since there are no updates any more, I got all of them as vst for nothing from him. And thats no NFR, its full versions, which I could resell if I want. And now, I get the updates to the new uhbiks also for nothing next year. The update politics of Urs is very fine. The copy protection is also very fine, only a serial, really simple. He updates old synths and stuff for free, were other companies lets pass away their plugins and sell new ones for full money or take a lot of money for updates. Reason Studios are also a lot of marketing thing, like apple in my opinion with high prices. That doesnt mean, I dont like the Reason stuff, but I keep it in mind.

antic604

03 Jan 2021

tanni wrote:
03 Jan 2021
...And now, I get the updates to the new uhbiks also for nothing next year.
They've been moved to 2022 already? Damn :(

;)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

tanni

03 Jan 2021

antic604 wrote:
03 Jan 2021
tanni wrote:
03 Jan 2021
...And now, I get the updates to the new uhbiks also for nothing next year.
They've been moved to 2022 already? Damn :(

;)
Oh, sorry...maybe I oversleep the turn of the year because of corona there were no Silvester bangs :mrgreen:

EnochLight

03 Jan 2021

SebAudio wrote:
03 Jan 2021
But Urs is the one who has programmed the synths which have raised the bar of « analog emulation » quality since 2010. He’s legitimate to comment the musical instrument industry.
I don't think anyone doubts his credentials. The guy certainly knows his stuff. :thumbs_up:
tanni wrote:
03 Jan 2021
Urs is a nice guy.
Oh for sure - I've dealt with him on several occasions. He just throws salt sometimes, is all. We all do at some point.

QVprod

03 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2021
Some people and companies still had a good year. Nothing wrong with celebrating wins in a year you wouldn’t expect to. Misery loves company I guess... Beating odds is supposed to be inspiring. Perhaps he didn’t do well?

miscend

04 Jan 2021

QVprod wrote:
03 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
02 Jan 2021
Some people and companies still had a good year. Nothing wrong with celebrating wins in a year you wouldn’t expect to. Misery loves company I guess... Beating odds is supposed to be inspiring. Perhaps he didn’t do well?
U-he rarely do sales but they're having their biggest sale (up to 60% off) with NI. He said they needed the money to fund development of upcoming products that will need a long dev time. The sale should do well for them because their synths are on the pricey side. He also lost a programmer right in the middle of Uhbik 2's development. Dude was fed up with plugins and changed career.

bxbrkrz

04 Jan 2021

Happy New Year Reason Studios. And many many more good years for the RS team. I hope that was appropriate enough :puf_smile: :thumbs_up:

757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

madmacman

04 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
04 Jan 2021
He also lost a programmer right in the middle of Uhbik 2's development. Dude was fed up with plugins and changed career.
When I read this, a certain name came to my mind. Looked up his private page, and.... bingo! :o

antic604

04 Jan 2021

madmacman wrote:
04 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
04 Jan 2021
He also lost a programmer right in the middle of Uhbik 2's development. Dude was fed up with plugins and changed career.
When I read this, a certain name came to my mind. Looked up his private page, and.... bingo! :o
Alex?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

QVprod

04 Jan 2021

miscend wrote:
04 Jan 2021
QVprod wrote:
03 Jan 2021

U-he rarely do sales but they're having their biggest sale (up to 60% off) with NI. He said they needed the money to fund development of upcoming products that will need a long dev time. The sale should do well for them because their synths are on the pricey side. He also lost a programmer right in the middle of Uhbik 2's development. Dude was fed up with plugins and changed career.
Seems I hit the nail on the head. It’s unfortunate, but hopefully things improve. That NI deal should definitely get them a few purchases.

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2021

madmacman wrote:
04 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
04 Jan 2021
Not sure the reason for the mystery and secrecy, but it's no secret that a huge part of the team left them in October of 2020, - Sascha Eversmeier of digitalfishphones fame. He was at U-he for about 8 years and was responsible for many of their strongest plugins (Satin, Twangstrom, etc). After years on a job, some people just want change. According to his page, he is now a "software developer in the field of studio monitor speakers".
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2021

QVprod wrote:
04 Jan 2021
miscend wrote:
04 Jan 2021

Seems I hit the nail on the head. It’s unfortunate, but hopefully things improve. That NI deal should definitely get them a few purchases.
Wait wait wait - hold up - U-he are not in trouble. The last NI sale before this one was so successful that it afforded them the luxury to sit back and "relax" and take things as they come. He even said so in a KVR thread. In addition, the global pandemic slowed development times down, so some things have been delayed (like the Uhbiks and Zebra 3). Losing two key developers plus releasing and supporting their CVilization hardware has also stretched them a bit thin. But they've hired new developers and are bringing them up to speed, with Urs taking a more active role in development. Urs doesn't need to come out and boast about his successful year because he doesn't need to. Reason Studios on the other hand...
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

EpiGenetik

04 Jan 2021

hurricane wrote:
01 Jan 2021
More Reason users because of all the free Reason Lites that went out, and more people using "Reason" in the form of the RRP, not necessarily the DAW, plus the high sales record could be as low as $1 more than the last sales record, technically. So, show me the numbers, Niklas.
Did you catch Ernst fucking your wife? Or Maybe it was Pelle shitting on your doorstep? Perhaps some random Swede was caught having a wank on your grandmothers grave?

Why are you so determined to talk down the Props/RS at every turn? This is a consistent and unbalanced hatred which has always been entirely without founding; it has always been completely lacking in any evidence, and always full of vitriolic doom, and has been going on for over a year now, at least.

In other words, what the fuck is your problem?

• Information