Issue with Arturia VST Plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
Brosefski

28 Dec 2020

Hello,

I have an issue with the Arturia VST plugins. And only Arturia VST plugins. Apparently after the update that I recently downloaded from their Arturia Software Center, it seemed to kind of break the UI in Reason a little. Not sure if this is a Reason issue or an Arturia issue. I have other VST plugins, and they all appear to work as expected. There are no issues with NI or other plugins.

As you can see from the photo below, the top bar is black and the icons aren't showing. I'm not sure if they're responsive.

Has anybody had issues like this with a specific VST provider and is this a known issue yet? I will probably go to Arturia too. There's also an issue with the VC LFO in the Modular V3 where the random oscillator only outputs 2 levels, it is not random.

Thanks,
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.48.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.48.40 PM.png (577.95 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
:reason: :recycle: :re:

Loque

28 Dec 2020

Reason12, Win10

Brosefski

28 Dec 2020

Thanks, so this has been an issue for a couple weeks. As a consumer I'm going to traipse over to Arturia and start making noise, friendly noise, but noise all the same. The VC LFO seems to be a big issue to me and if they have pre consumer release tests involving DAW compatibility, they need to add Reason into that pipeline.

Loque

28 Dec 2020

Brosefski wrote:
28 Dec 2020
Thanks, so this has been an issue for a couple weeks. As a consumer I'm going to traipse over to Arturia and start making noise, friendly noise, but noise all the same. The VC LFO seems to be a big issue to me and if they have pre consumer release tests involving DAW compatibility, they need to add Reason into that pipeline.
Yea, do it. Good luck.
Reason12, Win10

Brosefski

28 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
28 Dec 2020
Brosefski wrote:
28 Dec 2020

Yea, do it. Good luck.
Their forums are down. Looks like they're having some technical issues with SSL certs. I wish them godspeed. Hopefully they get these issues sorted out.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2020

What I have noticed and I have reported back to Arturia as this happen only after the update is on Modular V the ReSize marker in the bottom right is missing (it's there OK on the ARP2600)...

1reasonable

31 Dec 2020

There is also a similar problem with Analogue Lab V where the top left menu which includes Remote and Snapshot. On my Mac, these are not being recognised by the GUI, I’ve reported this to Arturia, they have responded thus :

“ Sorry to read about this GUI problem with Analog Lab V and Reason, I have reproduced this problem on my end too, but I have noticed that the issues is only GUI related, the functionality is there, If you click on any of the buttons they do work but you can see them, I know that is not useful but I just wanted to point that, I also tested all the SKINS in Reason and the problem remains.
I have passed this problem to the Dev Team so they can investigate further this bug and fix it on a future update to the Analog Lab V, I have added your ticket to the log so you get notified when a fix is available. “

Unfortunately the buttons aren’t “live” on my Mac, and so the functionality isn’t there-so will have to sit tight for an update. Not impressed!
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

Brosefski

02 Jan 2021

1reasonable wrote:
31 Dec 2020
There is also a similar problem with Analogue Lab V where the top left menu which includes Remote and Snapshot. On my Mac, these are not being recognised by the GUI, I’ve reported this to Arturia, they have responded thus :

“ Sorry to read about this GUI problem with Analog Lab V and Reason, I have reproduced this problem on my end too, but I have noticed that the issues is only GUI related, the functionality is there, If you click on any of the buttons they do work but you can see them, I know that is not useful but I just wanted to point that, I also tested all the SKINS in Reason and the problem remains.
I have passed this problem to the Dev Team so they can investigate further this bug and fix it on a future update to the Analog Lab V, I have added your ticket to the log so you get notified when a fix is available. “

Unfortunately the buttons aren’t “live” on my Mac, and so the functionality isn’t there-so will have to sit tight for an update. Not impressed!
I just contacted them. Their email to me is as such in response to the GUI issue in Reason:

"We are able to reproduce the issue and we will be releasing a hot fix soon." So they're definitely aware and are working on it right now.

As far as the issues I'm having with the VCO on random, they are still looking into the issue. I provided a screenshot and audio sample of what I'm experiencing. So far their customer service has been spot on for me.

Brosefski

09 Jan 2021

I wanted to go back here, for the record and make sure this is answered. The reason why I wasn't getting random oscillations, or apparently couldn't hear random oscillations is because I had the pulse width modulation turned down. When turning that knob up, the random oscillation applied to the filter 1 vc low pass worked as expected. So I wasn't doing something right in other words. Of course... So I'm moving on, still waiting for the reason update though. They are working on that still.

Billy+

09 Jan 2021

So it's all fixed then?

Maybe update the post title with a [Solved] and edit the first post to include the solution or link to the solution ;)

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2021

FYI: There is an update out that should fix all the issues here.....

• Information