hey mods - did I break a rule?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
chaosroyale

29 Dec 2020

EDIT: nvm, everything sorted!

My post about my combinator pack got locked - I checked the FAQ and there was nothing there indicating it would be a problem..what was my mistake?
Last edited by chaosroyale on 29 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

guitfnky

29 Dec 2020

my guess is you can’t use RT as a marketplace. linking to an external site to sell your stuff is fine, but soliciting business here directly (e.g. “here’s my paypal link”) is probably a no-no.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
my guess is you can’t use RT as a marketplace. linking to an external site to sell your stuff is fine, but soliciting business here directly (e.g. “here’s my paypal link”) is probably a no-no.
What about when people sell Reason licenses on RT?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

29 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
they aren’t usually posting their paypal info right in public posts, are they? usually they just say “hey, DM me”, I thought.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020

they aren’t usually posting their paypal info right in public posts, are they? usually they just say “hey, DM me”, I thought.
Well in that case the original post could be edited to say “hey, DM me. “.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

29 Dec 2020

not to mention that reselling your Reason license is a lot different than making money selling Refills you’ve created.

joeyluck

29 Dec 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
Yes, this is exactly it. This has always been an unwritten rule that we have always enforced. We are actually currently in the process of finalizing rules specific to devs/designers that should be published soon.
chaosroyale wrote:
29 Dec 2020
My post about my combinator pack got locked - I checked the FAQ and there was nothing there indicating it would be a problem..what was my mistake?
Sorry for the confusion. One of us mods had locked it (so that it isn't lost) while we worked on contacting you about edits. You just beat us to it with this thread :)

You are certainly free to use the forum to promote the ReFill, but the forum itself can't be used as a marketplace. Seeing as you already have a great website, have you considered using that?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
not to mention that reselling your Reason license is a lot different than making money selling Refills you’ve created.
Good. Joey answered the question. I’m not here to argue with you.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

29 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
you’re not? but that’s the only reason I come here. 😢

:lol:

joeyluck

29 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020

This has also not been allowed. It's still using the forum directly as an ongoing marketplace.

It's something we rarely have to enforce, so it's missing from the rules. Selling a Reason license is something we've also discussed many times and have been on the fence about. But in those cases, it's usually a one time thing. If someone is constantly selling licenses, we have contacted them about that.

chaosroyale

29 Dec 2020

OK , I got it. "unwritten rules" can be difficult to find in the FAQ ;)

Please can you remove the paypal and email info on that thread ,and unlock it so I can put a link to an external webpage?

Cheers!

joeyluck wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
Yes, this is exactly it. This has always been an unwritten rule that we have always enforced. We are actually currently in the process of finalizing rules specific to devs/designers that should be published soon.
chaosroyale wrote:
29 Dec 2020
Sorry for the confusion. One of us mods had locked it (so that it isn't lost) while we worked on contacting you about edits. You just beat us to it with this thread :)

You are certainly free to use the forum to promote the ReFill, but the forum itself can't be used as a marketplace. Seeing as you already have a great website, have you considered using that?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
29 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020

This has also not been allowed. It's still using the forum directly as an ongoing marketplace.

It's something we rarely have to enforce, so it's missing from the rules. Selling a Reason license is something we've also discussed many times and have been on the fence about. But in those cases, it's usually a one time thing. If someone is constantly selling licenses, we have contacted them about that.
Yeah. Totally. Think I even remember somebody calling out a guy who was selling licenses every week. I was referring more to what guit said. Glad you answered this cos I don’t have the energy to get into a debate with anyone just now :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

29 Dec 2020

Writing rules for the forum is very similar to us trying to write rules for song competitions lol. We try to keep it concise and usually tag on rules only as they need clarification. We're sorry for the confusion in this instance, but we're working on fixing it. From the designer side of things, it should be an easy fix and will help drive traffic to a website.

challism

29 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
And a pig just flew past my window. What's next, hell freezing over? ha ha ha

So, to the OP, I would suggest you set up a shopping cart on your website. It will look far more professional than running a garage sale on RT. Please feel free to promote your goods here, but direct people to your website for the transactions. You can find some really great ecommerce shopping cart solutions online these days. Some are even free.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020

I’ve actually noticed that more and more as time goes on. ;)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

29 Dec 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
29 Dec 2020
OK , I got it. "unwritten rules" can be difficult to find in the FAQ ;)

Please can you remove the paypal and email info on that thread ,and unlock it so I can put a link to an external webpage?

Cheers!

joeyluck wrote:
29 Dec 2020

Ok I'm on it! :thumbs_up:

challism

29 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
And a pig just flew past my window. What's next, hell freezing over? ha ha ha
chaosroyale wrote:
29 Dec 2020
I would suggest you set up a shopping cart on your website. It will look far more professional than running a garage sale on RT. Please feel free to promote your goods here, but direct people to your website for the transactions. You can find some really great ecommerce shopping cart solutions online these days. Some are even free.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

guitfnky

29 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020
guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020

:? I didn’t realize it was an argument. you asked me a question—I answered it.

chaosroyale

29 Dec 2020

Thanks for the edit guys- I'll set up a page tomorrow and link it. I jumped the gun here because 60-odd users of the forum downloaded the free version of one of the effects and seemed to like it, and I thought they might be happy to get it ASAP.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2020

guitfnky wrote:
29 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
29 Dec 2020

:? I didn’t realize it was an argument. you asked me a question—I answered it.
I didn’t say it was an argument. I said I’m not here to argue with you :). And I’m not.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information