Does anyone here use the ModularRE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

25 Dec 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... processor/

I don't own many Red Rock Sound devices so for 54€ it seems to be a pretty good deal.
Especially since they added the Bass Enhancer, Exciter and Analog Saturator units in the 1.5 update.

Does this RE get any regular use from the people who own it?

MannequinRaces

25 Dec 2020

I trialed this before the 1.5 update and wasn’t terribly impressed. I’d love to be able trial again and check out the new modules. I love the concept and think it has lots of cool potential.

Ottostrom

27 Dec 2020

Doesn't seem like a lot of people are very interested or passionate about this RE but today I spent quite a lot of time testing it out on different sources and it's great! Had a lot of success with the Exciter and Analog Saturator modules, and the parametric EQ feels like a perfect companion to them :)

Some of the knobs and buttons seems to have an annoyingly small clickbox and it would be great if you could freely reorder the modules around like the effects section in Europa or Grain, but thats the only complaints I have.
Considering I've never seen anyone talk about this RE on the forum I feel like it's highly underrated!

Noise
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2020

This would be perfect if it had one Limiter / Maximizer. Really would be a swiss knife, and one Re to rule them all :D
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Ottostrom

28 Dec 2020

Noise wrote:
27 Dec 2020
This would be perfect if it had one Limiter / Maximizer. Really would be a swiss knife, and one Re to rule them all :D
Since the panel on the right only has one knob on it maybe they could add a limiter section there :)
I kinda want to reach out to Red Rock for some feature requests but it feels like a lost cause since it's not a popular RE to begin with.

MannequinRaces

28 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
28 Dec 2020
Noise wrote:
27 Dec 2020
Since the panel on the right only has one knob on it maybe they could add a limiter section there :)
I kinda want to reach out to Red Rock for some feature requests but it feels like a lost cause since it's not a popular RE to begin with.
Just because people aren’t talking about it here doesn’t mean it’s a dud. ReasonTalk users are only a very small sampling of the Reason user base. Go ahead and reach out to them.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Dec 2020

If you already own any of the earlier incarnations of the mix and mastering rig then you can upgrade to 4 for €79 and get modulaRE along with a whole load of other stuff. Just a heads up.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... ing-rig-4/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

28 Dec 2020

This thread got me curious. Trialled it for 10 minutes, not bad at all, might get it; when will the sale end?

Ottostrom

29 Dec 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Dec 2020
This thread got me curious. Trialled it for 10 minutes, not bad at all, might get it; when will the sale end?
I think its just part of the Reason holiday sale which ends the 31st!
Bought it yesterday myself :)

PhillipOrdonez

29 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
29 Dec 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
28 Dec 2020
Thanks! I'm liking the bass enhancer and the colour module so far the most. Got to better test the others. I wonder if the re200 is the same as the bass enhancer on the modularRE

Ottostrom

29 Dec 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Dec 2020
Ottostrom wrote:
29 Dec 2020

Thanks! I'm liking the bass enhancer and the colour module so far the most. Got to better test the others. I wonder if the re200 is the same as the bass enhancer on the modularRE
I think both the Bass enhancer and the Exciter are the same as the standalone versions, with only the essential controls. Like, for the Bass enhancer all the same controls are there (although slightly different names) except the HP filter and the Output. Thats why I think this RE is a good deal!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

I have ModulaRE.

IT's a complete swiss knife and really sounds great. I like specially the graphic EQ, the bass enhancer and the Color Module.

I've never used the de-esser module, as my favorite for that is Selig's DeEsser.

It would be great if other modules were added. And the ability to create more complex connections. For example, it would be interesting if we had inputs and outputs for each device so that you could route stuff in between of them as you would in a Studio.

• Information