Plugin Alliance $20 free

Discuss VST stuff here!
tallguy

26 Dec 2020

It's that time of the year again. Plugin Alliance let's you use a $20 voucher without minimum spend. There's a few $9.99 plugins. So you can get two of those for free.

Knifonium is down to $99.99, with the voucher you only pay $79.99. Well, I say "only". I still wouldn't pay it. But some of you may. It will also bring bx_oberhausen, currently at $29.99, down to $9.99, which is not bad at all.

Voucher:
MEGA-SALE-20OFF

New voucher from 1st. $21 off $39 minimum spend
WELCOME-21
Last edited by tallguy on 01 Jan 2021, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

Those daily Plugin Alliance December sale emails were so annoying. Those weren't sale prices. I knew they'd crack eventually. With this voucher you can grab some good plugins for less than $20, and even some free mediocre ones if you want. They claim this voucher is a one time use, but we can expect this deal at least 2 more times in the next few days. Them and Waves, man - we've figured this shit out.

NO ONE SHOULD EVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR PLUGIN ALLIANCE OR WAVES PLUGINS EVER.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

So...Oberhausen? Good, bad or indifferent?

As opposed to the free Disco DSP Oberhausen?
Last edited by MrFigg on 26 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

26 Dec 2020

Thanks!
Reason12, Win10

Loque

26 Dec 2020

hurricane wrote:
26 Dec 2020
...man - we've figured this shit out.

I guess, there are still ppl paying full prices...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

26 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Dec 2020

As opposed to the free Disco DSP Oberhausen?
Some say its better than the one from Arturia, but tbh, nobody really would recognize the difference in a mix. I would still struggle to get it for 5 bucks since i have the Arturia SEM.
Reason12, Win10

tallguy

26 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Dec 2020
If you like the Oberheim sound and haven't got the Arturia, sure, for $9.99 it's a steal. Here's Starky's Carr video of him comparing them. I jumped straight to the conclusion:

The Brainworx is better at sound big and wide thanks to the pan spread and unison
Last edited by tallguy on 26 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

hurricane
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Dec 2020
For $10. Yes!

EDIT: Yes, as in "good", lol.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

Thanks...got Sandman Pro (with free Instant Delay) and the Tuner. I already had the normal Sandman from the last free plugin deal. No $. I'll wait until they refresh the voucher and try Oberhausen. Cynical as fruk eh? :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

tallguy

26 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Dec 2020
Thanks...got Sandman Pro (with free Instant Delay) and the Tuner. I already had the normal Sandman from the last free plugin deal. No $. I'll wait until they refresh the voucher and try Oberhausen. Cynical as fruk eh? :)
Ha, I got two Lindell plugins for free. They didn't lose any money on me as I would never have bought them to begin with.

joeyluck

26 Dec 2020

Thanks for the heads up!

I've got my eye on the Unfiltered Audio stuff. Maybe Sandman and something else, or just Sandman Pro... Anybody have any of these? Indent and Fault look fun too!

The dearVR plugins used to be on my wishlist, but I feel like I have that covered now with all of the free spatializer plugins I have.

joeyluck

26 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
26 Dec 2020
Ah I missed your post while I was browsing. Sandman Pro is one that I am looking at. It looks really cool. I already have Instant Delay through Roli.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
26 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
26 Dec 2020
Ah I missed your post while I was browsing. Sandman Pro is one that I am looking at. It looks really cool. I already have Instant Delay through Roli.
You kind of need to watch with PA. I think I bought two plugins in the wrong order once. Like if I'd bought plugin 2 I'd have gotten plugin 1 for free instead of buying plugin 1 and then buying plugin 2. Does that make sense? Anyway...it pays to read the page descriptions is what I'm trying to say :).

Edit: Just tried Sandman Pro and it is indeed pretty cool. I'd go for that one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Dec 2020

hurricane wrote:
26 Dec 2020
Shh, they'll stop doing sales like this if everyone stops buying regular price. 😛

In all seriousness, this is just differential pricing at work. Plugin Alliance sells regular-priced plugins most of the year to professionals who make a living doing this stuff, and occasionally dips into the market of enthusiasts (or professionals on a shoestring budget) who otherwise wouldn’t spend with them via these sales.

Anyway, time for me to go get SpecOps for $10.

EdGrip

26 Dec 2020

LOL!

Like 5% of the plugin market is professionals, and the rest is hobbyists like most of us here.
Both the hobbyists and the professionals alike buy the plugins when they're on sale, and not when they're not.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

OB-Xd 2. No Oberhausen needed here at the Figg household :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

26 Dec 2020

The bx_oberhausen is emulating the SEM version, not the ladder filter of the OB-X. The SEM filter is in a different league, capable of super fat and juicy, squelchy and fizzy sounds. It also sweeps around from low pass to high pass on the one knob.
It's not the most featured synth by any means but it's all about pure high quality sound.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
26 Dec 2020
The bx_oberhausen is emulating the SEM version, not the ladder filter of the OB-X. The SEM filter is in a different league, capable of super fat and juicy, squelchy and fizzy sounds. It also sweeps around from low pass to high pass on the one knob.
It's not the most featured synth by any means but it's all about pure high quality sound.
At the moment the only filter I need to have control over is my GAS filter. No low or high pass. Aiming for a hard pass.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 Dec 2020

EdGrip wrote:
26 Dec 2020
LOL!

Like 5% of the plugin market is professionals, and the rest is hobbyists like most of us here.
Both the hobbyists and the professionals alike buy the plugins when they're on sale, and not when they're not.
Could be as low as 5%; my guess would be something closer to the Pareto principle. 20% of their customer base might account for 80% of revenues, while the remaining 80% of customers always buy on sale.

EdGrip

26 Dec 2020

Nobody's buying Waves plugins at "RRP". Not us, and not Dave McFancypro at Abbey Road. Nobody behind the biggest 100-channel desk is saying "I need a Lundahl transformer emulation and I need it now no matter the price!"
Plugin Boutique, Plugin Alliance, and the others are best thought of as games retailers.

zoidkirb

26 Dec 2020

P.a real price is $30, and $10, $15 is the sale price. Even then I suspect a lot of their wares are overpriced...so many permutations of eq's and compressors etc. The sky high sticker price is bait to move more units at the 'sale' price. I think they do a much better job these days of building hype with this system than Waves.

zoidkirb

28 Dec 2020

$20 voucher just got reset.
I'm a step closer to owning every
Unfiltered Audio plug there. Just missing Bassmint :puf_bigsmile:

tallguy

28 Dec 2020

Like Zoidkirb said, they reset the code. Keep in mind, if you didn’t use it the first time around, you can’t combine the first $20 with this one and make it $40
Last edited by tallguy on 28 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

stuk71

28 Dec 2020

I just picked up the Lindell 6X-500 and the 7X-500.

With the voucher I didn't pay anything :?

Edit: just had an email saying the voucher has been reset and can used again.

I feel dirty

moneykube

28 Dec 2020

do they send the reset in an email?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information