[help] Audio dropout, everything worked fine

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Sorcerer

25 Dec 2020

Hello,

I very recently moved my hardware to a new room.
The reason I mention this is that apart from physically moving the hardware (pc, sound cards, turntable etc) there is absolutely nothing new in my setup: no new software nor hardware. So why am I mentioning this? Well, today I fired up my equipment from my new studio space only to find out there is an atrocious lag/audio dropouts whenever I run anything in Reason. It's appalling. Needless to say before the move everything worked fine, and did so for years.
I cannot make any sense of it and have absolutely no idea what the problem could be and how to identify it. As I said, apart from moving the gear from one room to the other and hooking things up, there is no new element in my set up.

I noticed a heavy Win10 update today, could that be the source of my problems? It makes no effing sense.
My concern is: how do I fix this?
If all the settings were fine before why on earth would it be different now?

Interestingly, the sound glitches/dropouts occur on BOTH my sound cards: (i) the Traktor Z2 (usb) and (ii) the PreSonus Firestudio (firewire). The sound is just terrible.
For lack of a better idea I attached some screenshots from Reason 10 for both sound cards, hoping somebody might be able to help me out.
Attachments
5.jpg
5.jpg (819.43 KiB) Viewed 310 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (231.08 KiB) Viewed 310 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (227.85 KiB) Viewed 310 times

Loque

25 Dec 2020

Reason12, Win10

Sorcerer

25 Dec 2020

Yeah, I don't see anything specific to my query other than the bullet point list.
My DSP is in the red on both sound cards, it's just not normal...
I posted what I think is relevant information in the pics above - but what else can I do, I have no clue this is so baffling.

Loque

26 Dec 2020

Provide a Screenshot of your power saving settings in Windows.

Did you checked the points in the bullet points list?
Reason12, Win10

Sorcerer

28 Dec 2020

Hi,
For power settings it was basically set to "sleep: never" and "balanced performance" which I I changed to highest performance, but it doesn't change anything. The lag is terrible. I'm pulling my hair out on this one it's such a mystery.

Both the Presonus and the Traktor cards go haywire only when I turn Reason 10 on...all the rest (media files, music, etc.) works fine. What can I do? This is so dumbfounding, I don't know where to look for the "problem"... As I said, everything ran perfectly well before.
Yes to the bullet point list (drivers, performance, ...)

For buffer settings and multi-threading I believe that information can be seen in the screenshots in my 1st post. I dunno man, I'm lost at sea here...

• Information