The thread formerly known as “.” Now REdiscovery.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

Have you any old (or young) REs which you bought, didn’t give any attention, forgot about and have since REdiscovered?
Last evening I dug out Uhbik-G (GrainDad) from under a pile of dust. Put a Shape into the CVS and all I can say is wow, cool!!!
Last edited by MrFigg on 24 Dec 2020, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ottostrom

24 Dec 2020

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
24 Dec 2020
I was making a point.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

24 Dec 2020

Instruments
* Republik - tried it with Beatmap... great results!
* ABL3 - inspired to use it after watching Ryan's live youtube stream a few weeks ago. It's worth noting (since I mention Pattern Mutator below) that the on-board sequencer of ABL3 can be routed into PatMut (via MIDI CV Converter or CVPT) for some amazing alternative variations to the pattern.... loving PatMut!

Player
* Quad Note Generator - To be frank, I have not been very happy with Quad Note Generator since I buying it. I could never get results that I liked out of it, and I felt it was too limited in terms of there not being any pattern storage banks (just the one). So, a few days ago, I decided to try it with Pattern Mutator, as an external pattern storage bank (also functions as a fantastic variation device) and the results are amazing. PatMut has improved the functionality of QNG, breathing new life into a Player I had long ago decided to stop using. I've been running QNG in tandem with PatMut for the past few days and I'm loving the results. PatMut is definitely at its strongest when paired with other players.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Ottostrom

24 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2020
Ottostrom wrote:
24 Dec 2020
I was making a point.
Sorry, I just wanted to commandeer this thread.

challism

24 Dec 2020

Umm.... MrFigg.... what happened to your thread here? I started writing a reply earlier and then got sidetracked making music... then I went back and finished my post, only to see that your original thread was turned into a could of periods. That time of the month, MrFigg?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
24 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2020

I was making a point.
Sorry, I just wanted to commandeer this thread.
Well thanks for your commant. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

challism wrote:
24 Dec 2020
Umm.... MrFigg.... what happened to your thread here? I started writing a reply earlier and then got sidetracked making music... then I went back and finished my post, only to see that your original thread was turned into a could of periods. That time of the month, MrFigg?
Oops. Yeah sorry about that. I was a full to put a stop to the thread. I’ll edit again if you add your reply. Again apologies for both the edit and the puns :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

24 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2020
challism wrote:
24 Dec 2020
Oops. Yeah sorry about that. I was a full to put a stop to the thread. I’ll edit again if you add your reply. Again apologies for both the edit and the puns :).
I thought it was an interesting setup to discuss some older REs. My reply is already posted above.

"The thread formerly known as "." ha ha ha, was your thread trying to get out of a predatory recording contract with Sony Music?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

challism wrote:
24 Dec 2020
MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2020

I thought it was an interesting setup to discuss some older REs. My reply is already posted above.
Oops again hahaha. I thought it was someone else who commented. Seems as though it actually is that time of the month. :). I’m even listening to a Lionel Richie record just now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

24 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2020
challism wrote:
24 Dec 2020

Oops again hahaha. I thought it was someone else who commented. Seems as though it actually is that time of the month. :). I’m even listening to a Lionel Richie record just now.
There is nothing wrong with listening to a little Lionel Richie. However, there is definitely something wrong with confessing to it on a public forum.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

challism wrote:
24 Dec 2020
Instruments
* Republik
* ABL3
Funnily enough, although I've got ABL3 I dug out ABL2 a couple of weeks ago.
Republik I've been meaning to REdiscover (TM) for a while now but still haven't gotten around to it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Ottostrom

24 Dec 2020

Alright let me do a proper contribution to the thread.

I recently found Etch Red again which I had completely forgotten about!
It has a lot of cool modulation capabilities and the saturation/distortion options are great as well :)

DQ is also one of those REs which I just stopped using for no reason right after I bought it. And I've been doing mediocre workarounds for tasks DQ is perfect for lol

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

Maybe rediscover isn’t the right word in my case. I’ve never really forgotten about any of these REs. But I only bring them out on rare occasions, when the moment calls for it.

Mixfood Ambi devices
Fritz
C670 compressor
Stimulant subharmonic generator
D1-RT
Uhbik-A
Animus shimmerverb ensemble
Synapse RE-160
Pipeline pressure control
Efektor silencer noise gate
Pump
Echobode

challism

01 Jan 2021

I'm going to have to mention Front-8 CV Router. It's such a great CV utility,. Being able to automate the routing of CV is a fantastic feature. I haven't used this RE for years, but just recently brought it out and had some fun. It's also FREE, so check it out, if you haven't yet. https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... cv-router/

• Information