Drum Sequencer Enhancements

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
xonox

23 Dec 2020

Hi. This is my first post. Sad to see the official forums gone but happy to see this one!
I'm a long time Reason user (since 1.0). Left Reason at v8 (and almost stopped making music) and just got back with an upgrade to v11.

Seems like the Drum Sequencer Player could be enhanced a bit.
1. Display the velocity value in the same way probability is displayed.
2. Probability could have an "every nth hit" feature like Elektron sequencers. A probability of 1/4 would be "first of every 4 hits", for example.
3. More than 16 steps per track or pattern chaining. I'm aware of tricks to switch between patterns, thanks to this video

Thanks!

motuscott

23 Dec 2020

With that version jump, I hope you got suite. So many goodies.
Welcome back
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

zoidkirb

23 Dec 2020

Drum Sequencer is only bundled free with Suite these days. Seems crazy it's restricted to Suite while Beatmap is free with Standard.

Anyway, +1 for easy pattern chaining!

xonox

23 Dec 2020

motuscott wrote:
23 Dec 2020
With that version jump, I hope you got suite. So many goodies.
Welcome back
Thanks!

Indeed i got the suite (black friday sale!).

@zoidkirb : I also find it strange it's not part of the standard version.

diminished
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2020

I wish there were different grooves available per lane and maybe nudging on a per note basis.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Jackjackdaw

24 Dec 2020

I agree with all these suggestions, though I do love this player. I thought a Robotic Bean Drum sequencer would be great but when I suggested it on here everyone was like ,'Oh , I just use Sequences for Drums as well...' And I thought, yeah, but a dedicated Drum sequencer that took the best bits of Drum Sequencer and Sequences would be way better.

• Information