ReSpire crossgrade to VST

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2020

Just thought I’d post in case anyone is looking to get the Spire VST:

“ Hi!

Thank you for contacting us.

At this point, we are focused on the further development of the VST version.
Since reason supports VST, we are offering all ReSpire owners a discount for buying Spire VST. The discount is equal to the cost of the purchased ReSpire.

To receive the discount, please send us a screenshot of Propellerhead's "My orders" page with the following information:
1. Order number:
2. Order date:
3. Order total:

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Reveal Sound Team”
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

22 Dec 2020

Hum... Sold an unfinished product and now discontinue it and offer me, to give them more money to get the supported product... Hum... I have clear opinion for this and never will buy anything from them.

But thanks for posting. Some may use this offer.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
22 Dec 2020
Hum... Sold an unfinished product and now discontinue it and offer me, to give them more money to get the supported product... Hum... I have clear opinion for this and never will buy anything from them.

I guess it depends on how much you paid for ReSpire. After you take that amount off the cost of the VST it might not be so much. You could look on that sum as an “upgrade” price.
I don’t need the VST but thought it’d be of interest to some.
I guess the same could be said of RS who don’t seem bothered about fixing bugs in older stuff. RDK comes to mind again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

22 Dec 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
22 Dec 2020

I guess it depends on how much you paid for ReSpire. After you take that amount off the cost of the VST it might not be so much. You could look on that sum as an “upgrade” price.
I don’t need the VST but thought it’d be of interest to some.
I guess the same could be said of RS who don’t seem bothered about fixing bugs in older stuff. RDK comes to mind again.
Maybe, but the ReSpire guys made a lot of promises regarding fixes, improvements, features and nothing was realized. RS doesn't made promises.
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

22 Dec 2020

I got this offer two years ago or so - in total I didn’t pay more for the VST than the usual sales price of ~120 bucks. Which was fine to me for having a version with usable GUI.

EdGrip

22 Dec 2020

I already knew about this offer, and it is as shitty today as it was then.

Billy+

22 Dec 2020

I bit the bullet a few years back and just brought the vst version didn't even bother with getting the discount.

I wonder if they will give me credit on some patches?

miscend

22 Dec 2020

This is the same offer they have had running for years. The RE version is pretty much unusable except as a preset player because of workflow and UI issues. The VST is great and keeps getting better.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2020

Billy wrote:
22 Dec 2020
I bit the bullet a few years back and just brought the vst version didn't even bother with getting the discount.

I wonder if they will give me credit on some patches?
You won’t know ‘til you’ve tried man. Get that email written. Do it now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stuk71

22 Dec 2020

I got Respire in Synthetic Rig 4, I wonder if they would accept that? wouldn't mind having the VST version

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2020

stuk71 wrote:
22 Dec 2020
I got Respire in Synthetic Rig 4, I wonder if they would accept that? wouldn't mind having the VST version
They replied to my crossgrade question within 10 minutes. I wrote back that I’d got it in a bundle and haven’t heard from them since hahahahaha 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

22 Dec 2020

The UI on the RE is quite bad, cramped, and confusing at times - especially the mod and FX section.

But the oscillators and filters are still outstanding, and since this is Reason why not spend some time setting up a personally streamlined Combi to sort out the annoying bits.

Having said that, I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this abandoned thing (got it bundled in a Rig)

Loque

22 Dec 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
22 Dec 2020
The UI on the RE is quite bad, cramped, and confusing at times - especially the mod and FX section.
Some like up/down scrolling instead of pop up menus :-D

Personally i agree to you. The UI was never really thought through.

And in the meantime i replaced ReSpire by other high class synths. Spire is not the top synth anymore today. There are a lot of competitors and you have plenty of choices. Spire is clearly not a must-have.
Reason12, Win10

zoidkirb

22 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
22 Dec 2020

Some like up/down scrolling instead of pop up menus :-D
Yes, masochists :twisted: :lol:

stuk71

24 Dec 2020

After emailing Reveal Sound advising I had Respire Ive revived a voucher for 49 GBP towards it... not sure if that would work against their current sale. But as I have just picked up the U-he synths I’ll pass on the Spire VST for now

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

stuk71 wrote:
24 Dec 2020
After emailing Reveal Sound advising I had Respire Ive revived a voucher for 49 GBP towards it... not sure if that would work against their current sale. But as I have just picked up the U-he synths I’ll pass on the Spire VST for now
Yeah it works. The sale price I think is $129 but then you have to add VAT (25% here in Sweden) so the code essentially just covers the Tax.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

rcube

29 Dec 2020

I got a good deal around March - I had ReSpire from the Synth Rig and requested for a crossgrade offer, they gave me a $59 coupon and it stacked with the $129 sale price of spire VST - so I got the VST for $70 (no tax).

• Information