Comping multi mic takes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

22 Dec 2020

and—<sigh>—markers. 😔
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

syncanonymous

22 Dec 2020

selig wrote:
22 Dec 2020
syncanonymous wrote:
22 Dec 2020

I was churning through the Keyboard Shortcuts yesterday.
Press [*] in number pad and this is a punch in, no?
Or do you want the punch in to record to new LANES?
or...
You want the punch in to happen WITHOUT having to have a spare hand to hit a key/button, preferably after a user defined amount of playback (aka: pre-roll). You know, like almost every tape machine from the 1980s on, and every MIDI sequencer and DAW since that same time period except for one…
understood
you could use a footpedal...not really helpful for a drummer, tho

man, this site...constantly kicking me out!

JunctionArsonist

24 Dec 2020

I have suggested a feature that would "lock" clips together to ensure that comps, slice edits, or pitch edits could be synced together, and that dragging one on the sequencer would bring the others to the same location in time.

I'm glad to see this being discussed, this is the first I've seen others disappointed with how the sequencer handles multi mic setups.

JunctionArsonist

26 Dec 2020

Ableton Live 11 which is coming out in Q1 2021 has "linked track editing"... looks like everything we are looking for here....

syncanonymous

26 Dec 2020

JunctionArsonist wrote:
24 Dec 2020
I have suggested a feature that would "lock" clips together to ensure that comps, slice edits, or pitch edits could be synced together, and that dragging one on the sequencer would bring the others to the same location in time.

I'm glad to see this being discussed, this is the first I've seen others disappointed with how the sequencer handles multi mic setups.
pretty good idea...depends upon how it works in-depth. Is it a group/ ungroup functionality you propose?

do you have a link to your suggestion?

I'm used to Reason, so it isn't a dealbreaker for me. The ability to copy>paste comp edit info from one track to another would be fine for me for now
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

• Information