Reason 12 Wishlist

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

25 Nov 2020

guitfnky wrote:
18 May 2020
Boombastix wrote:
18 May 2020
like when browsing patches and the there is a big volume difference
this drives me bonkers. the few times I browse patches, it’s either this one that’s way too quiet, or this one that’s way too loud. no, this one’s at a good volume, but it’s a terrible patch anyway—on to the next...

seriously, how hard is it to normalize the volume of your presets? :? :thumbs_down:

and don’t get me started on that undo window positioning garbage. how is that still a problem? 🤨
Adding to this, I wish that volume was not included in patches. If I'm auditioning patches with headphones on, some patches blast your ears off. The volume on a Dr.Octo.Rex shouldn't be remembered with the patch imo or at least have the option to disable the volume adjustment in patches.Although when auditioning I could just turn the headphone level down on my audio interface I suppose.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

DonnieAlan

27 Nov 2020

I've mentioned these before, several times, including feature request directly to Reason Studios, but I'll repeat them.
1. Allow VST hosting in Rack mode. This alone would turn Reason into the most VI on the planet, since you could host any VI in the rack, like in the Combinator, with all the sound design features that implies.
2. Add MIDI cabling on the back. Just like audio cable routing, add MIDI IN/OUT cabling. This could be very useful for the players.
3. In conjunction with #2, have a MIDI Spyder, to allow one MIDI input to be routed to multiple outs.
4. Create easy zoom in/out on the rack so we can see things better. Its still the case that several things on the screen are just too small to see very well, especially for those of us who wear glasses. We need some kind of easy Zoom/resize feature.

That's my wish list.

Noise
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2020

Just an idea :D
Trying to give some love to the device thumbnails, also, a little bit less wider.

The rule for the placement should be, the device left corner, or middle.
reason_sequencer.jpg
reason_sequencer.jpg (163.26 KiB) Viewed 3640 times
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

iamthor4

03 Dec 2020

i think mainly

vst3 support

hi res gui ( these should both be in 11.5)

better looking

more toys

small features
and bug fixes
boom! bogs your uncle

Noise
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2020

Rant:

Vsti popup window not "kept open" by default it's the same moving to another rack extension, and the previous one colapses by itself.

keep it open and above everything please.

/rant over
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

arqui

20 Dec 2020

VST 3 suport and select mono and M/S in master section, just that, the rest is more than good for me!!!
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

bitley

20 Dec 2020

Selecting a track in the browser should reveal everything inside the track, especially audio content so it would be super easy to just drag and drop a wavefile from there into a new arrangement.

visheshl

20 Dec 2020

kuhliloach wrote:
31 Oct 2020
I wish for a Reason that would somehow make me want to use it as a DAW again, rather than a plug-in inside of Logic. It would need to become something that is actively developed.
why would you want that?
reason as a DAW is failing and falling leagues behind the competition, reason as a vst is the biggest strength of reason today. i love RRP.
its the best thing that happened in the recent music production world for me. people keep whining about this feature that feature in sequencer etc....i wish reason would abandon reason DAW and focus completely on reason as VST and add crazy amount of features to RRP, Native instruments should piss their pants.

visheshl

20 Dec 2020

for me im missing an important feature which is to save the RRP rack as a patch.
now that RRP is here. its used as one rack per instrument track. so essentially one rack is an individual patch. so we should be able to save an entire rack as a patch.
i can do this in ableton however it would be nice if i could do this inside reason itself.

visheshl

20 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
20 Dec 2020
kuhliloach wrote:
31 Oct 2020
I wish for a Reason that would somehow make me want to use it as a DAW again, rather than a plug-in inside of Logic. It would need to become something that is actively developed.
why would you want that?
reason as a DAW is failing and falling leagues behind the competition, reason as a vst is the biggest strength of reason today. i love RRP.
its the best thing that happened in the recent music production world for me. people keep whining about this feature that feature in sequencer etc....i wish reason would abandon reason DAW and focus completely on reason as VST and add crazy amount of features to RRP, Native instruments should piss their pants.
or maybe they can fork the reason project into two products. DAW and VST. and then seperate teams can work on vst and daw. common features of course should be implemented in both.

fiddlestickz

25 Dec 2020

Please allow MIDI clock out to more than one measly MIDI out channel..its stupid that only one port can be selected to send MIDI clock out to. If I have 6 synths and a couple of drum machines externally i have to chose only one MIDI port to send clock to, meaning I have to daisy chain every device to get clock out to. Not everyone uses the sequencer in Reason to sequence their hardware, I like to send clock to things and use the hardwares internal sequencer, especially Elektron devices etc..

ltbrunt00

13 Feb 2021

I would assume that if we are going to be getting R12 by summer all features would be finalized.

keeping my fingers crossed for audio to video sequencing.

Also I wonder if the Props are doing something with A.I. Seems A.I is going to make it's way to our tools if we like it or not.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

ltbrunt00

21 Feb 2021

I have a feature request. Naming individual midi notes in a clip

I am using Ample Guitar and have been creating many strum templates such as Notes for Strum Up, Strum Down, Mute. This is not a critical feature just a time saving thing.

This would be handy for clips that I use for key switches. Right now for key switches to know what they are I create an individual clip with the key switch note labeled as either Long, Pizzicato, Spiccato, Legato, and so on.

If I could name the individual notes in the clip I could have one long clip with the names of the key switches right on the notes.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

sonicbyte

22 Feb 2021

Midi multi channel support to work like any decent daw with multiple articulations/libraries instruments from a single Kontakt instance....

elMisse

22 Feb 2021

Sequencer: All chained devices (not just the main device) automation behind one button on the track. One color dedicated to mark these automationlanes. : )
Last edited by elMisse on 22 Feb 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Michaellos

22 Feb 2021

Not to remove the option to work with ignition key

ECHLN

24 Feb 2021

I need Reason to work properly with my Komplete Kontrol keyboard like it does on Ableton.

R303

27 Feb 2021

Small improvements:

1. Space
Space Seq.png
Space Seq.png (185.92 KiB) Viewed 3042 times

2. Clip-Label
Not visible.png
Not visible.png (69.15 KiB) Viewed 3042 times

esselfortium

27 Feb 2021

R303 wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Small improvements:

1. Space
Space Seq.png

2. Clip-Label
Not visible.png
Agreed 100% with both of these. Dark theme really needs to be taught to use white sometimes (for text, automation lines, etc) against the super dark clip colors.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Billy+

27 Feb 2021

1) I like having that space.
2) the clip labels are pretty visible to me, what resolution and zoom level are you using?

It's quite interesting to see the suggestions for improvements that get put forward in these threads.

But I definitely wouldn't have put them two on my list....

esselfortium

27 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Feb 2021
2) the clip labels are pretty visible to me, what resolution and zoom level are you using?

It's quite interesting to see the suggestions for improvements that get put forward in these threads.

It's not that they're too small, that but the black text is hard to see against a dark background. This issue only affects the darkest clip colors, like that deep blue. It's really bad for editing automation lanes, since the lines nearly disappear.

And there are things higher up on my list, sure, but these are very low-hanging fruit that would be fairly basic to change and would improve the user experience, so why not?
Sarah Mancuso

R303

27 Feb 2021

esselfortium wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
27 Feb 2021

It's not that they're too small, that but the black text is hard to see against a dark background. This issue only affects the darkest clip colors, like that deep blue. It's really bad for editing automation lanes, since the lines nearly disappear.

And there are things higher up on my list, sure, but these are very low-hanging fruit that would be fairly basic to change and would improve the user experience, so why not?
Exactly :puf_smile:

Edited: There is now also vertical zoom, so plenty of space to choose (at 1).

Further points are:
3. Midi-preview in browser (good with selected instrument)

4. Mouse wheel scrolling
Wheel scrolling.png
Wheel scrolling.png (382.63 KiB) Viewed 2956 times

Billy+

28 Feb 2021

esselfortium wrote:
27 Feb 2021
Billy+ wrote:
27 Feb 2021

So would you prefer being able to set your own text label colour or for it just to be an inversion by default?

esselfortium

28 Feb 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Feb 2021
esselfortium wrote:
27 Feb 2021

So would you prefer being able to set your own text label colour or for it just to be an inversion by default?
Since the colors are all predetermined, they should be able to just keep an internal hardcoded list of which ones are dark enough to have their text and automation lines inverted to white. That'd solve the problem nicely.
Sarah Mancuso

• Information