Delta MIDI Computer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2020

of course i rushed this and didn't properly test that the root note was heading to the first and hardest velocity node. i hope it does though, that would be good
- Certified Reason expert

zoidkirb

20 Dec 2020

zoidchords.zip
(1015 Bytes) Downloaded 126 times
I had a go too, just for fun. I'm using the delay modules to transpose and reduce velocity, as well as a little increasing delay to add a little humanisation. The root note goes through unaffected and all of the delays are fed through the note quantizer at the end.

challism

21 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Dec 2020
I am currently playing around and use Scales&Chords and again it makes me angry, that it lacks so many easy features. I always missed a way to control the velocity of the additional notes, like having all upper notes with decreasing velocity. Here is an example: with 3 notes in a chords
Note #1 => Velocity 1.0
Note#2 => Velocity 0.7
Note #3 => Velocity 0.5

Can Delta Midi Computer do this?

And yea, i know i can build it via CVPT but damn, its too much work for such simple things...
Like Reason, itself, Delta has many approaches one can take when accomplishing tasks. I took the input and ran it into a 3-way Sequential Switch. Then assigned a Set Velocity to each chain. I added a Delay to two of the chains, to give it a little more human sound (of course, this isn't necessary for the velocity commands to take effect).
1.JPG
1.JPG (68.08 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

21 Dec 2020

Excellent guys. Thanks all for the help 👍
Reason12, Win10

challism

21 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2020
Excellent guys. Thanks all for the help 👍
This will also work for chords with more than three notes. You just add more steps to the Seq Switch. And to make sure the Seq Switch retriggers with each new chord, make sure the "reset when all released" is selected - as shown in the picture. There also must be a small gap between the chords or it won't reset (giving the lowest note the top position in this Delta layout), Without the gap , it will just continue the loop to the next step (instead of starting over with the first step).
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (72.55 KiB) Viewed 4720 times

Bes
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2020

oh yea thats what i forgot. the reset when all released option is excellent

froggo_gfx

15 Jan 2021

Can I make this Player produce trills that are quantised to scale? For example if C of Cmin is played, trill will be two semitones, if the incoming note is D - then trill is one semitone.

Bes
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

how would you want to perform the trill? i would want to hold down the note and i don't think we can do that with DELTA :( we would need an arpeggiator node which i think is a fabulous idea

there is a note value quantise node in DELTA and a note echo node with velocity dampening so you could build a patch that perfomed a trill that way

challism

15 Jan 2021

froggo_gfx wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Can I make this Player produce trills that are quantised to scale? For example if C of Cmin is played, trill will be two semitones, if the incoming note is D - then trill is one semitone.
Yes, you could build something with a filter on it that isolates that C note and runs it thru as much hell as you want to run it through, including duplication, pitch shift, timing shift, velocity change, etc. My only question is how would you keep the notes from overlapping. I suppose you could set create a duplicate instrument and send the "trilled" notes out to that instrument, while the rest of the notes go to the first instrument. You could then set the second instrument's voicing to mono and adjust whatever legato/portamento settings you wish.

challism

16 Jan 2021

I decided to give this a shot. This is what I came up with... Delta isolates the filtered note (C3) and the rest of the chord's remaining notes play thru instrument 1 via Delta's main output. The filtered note then gets split and sent into two channels of delays (one shifts the pitch up prior to going thru the delays), and then all those delayed/pitch shifted notes get sent to Delta's CV1 output to play in the second instrument. Combi file attached.
dELTA tRILL.zip
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 115 times

froggo_gfx wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Just read the last part of your comment... not sure how i missed that... probably should stop surfing Reasontalk while I'm supposed to be working. Anyway, doesn't look like I answered your question, but I still like the patch I made. ha ha Gonna have to give the second part of your comment some more thought; it could be possible.

froggo_gfx

16 Jan 2021

I also took an attempt in this with trial version. Trill plays just fine with a bunch of note shifting delays, but there’s no way to turn it off properly - only to end note and play one outside filter. This thing needs logic AND-gate 😉

olive6741

30 Mar 2021

Hi Socram! I have a request for a future upgrade of DELTA: I try to use notes I won't hear at output to select a transposing scale of midi notes (which are received in another range of notes) The idea is to use a '==' of two notes to drive a switch in a status of trying to select input and output correspondance depending on an activated selection 1 and selection 2. to have a switch commanded by an external trigger (in complement of other switches type.) Here is a graphic of what I try to achieve. If you have a solution to my problem in a way I didn't think about, it's obviously great! (but I didn't find a workaround)https://www.dropbox.com/s/wotehps1dbl1p ... t.jpg?dl=0

Hope it does make sens in what I try to achieve!

Thanks!

Olivier

Socram
RE Developer

03 Apr 2021

olive6741 wrote:
30 Mar 2021
Hi Socram! I have a request for a future upgrade of DELTA: I try to use notes I won't hear at output to select a transposing scale of midi notes (which are received in another range of notes) The idea is to use a '==' of two notes to drive a switch in a status of trying to select input and output correspondance depending on an activated selection 1 and selection 2. to have a switch commanded by an external trigger (in complement of other switches type.) Here is a graphic of what I try to achieve. If you have a solution to my problem in a way I didn't think about, it's obviously great! (but I didn't find a workaround)https://www.dropbox.com/s/wotehps1dbl1p ... t.jpg?dl=0

Hope it does make sens in what I try to achieve!

Thanks!

Olivier
Hey Olivier, thanks for reaching out, I appreciate you taking the time to make such a detailed feature request with images.

I think I understand what you're asking for, and believe this is already possible with existing functionality. My understanding is that you want 2 specific notes (C1 (36) and C#1 (37)) to switch the flow between two specific Quantize Note nodes, and you want all other notes to be processed normally through those nodes, depending on which one was last hit.

Here is a patch that does this:

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7yYOb ... sp=sharing

Patch Explanation:
The most important part of this setup is the "Trigger Overrides" feature of the Trigger Switch. Basically when a note within the note range of Trigger Overrides control reaches the Trigger Input (the yellow one with the T), instead of following the pattern rules, it jumps to a specific output. Which output it jumps to depends on the note range and the incoming note. In this setup, I've created a 2 Output trigger switch, and set its Trigger Overrides to C1 (which jumps to Output 1) and C#1 (which jumps to Output 2).

The 2 Outputs of the Trigger Switch are run into 2 separate Quantize Notes which can be configured as needed.

Prior to the Trigger Switch I've chained 2 If nodes in == mode to capture all C1's and C#1's and route them to the Yellow Trigger Input of the Trigger Switch and will not reach the final Output node of Delta. All other notes are passed along to the green Input of the Trigger Switch, which will go through the selected Output, be quantized, and then reach the final Output node of the flow.

I hope that all makes sense and provides a solution for what behavior you're looking for. If its confusing or I misunderstood your request please let me know and we can keep working on it!
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

olive6741

03 Apr 2021

Hi! THANK YOU !!!! :)
I understand now how it works, and it was absolutely not clear in my mind this was possible! Now I see extended functionnality of Trigger Switch and it will be very useful when in need of other scenario. So thank you very much, really appreciate. And... Delta Midi Player rules! Have a nice weekend!
Olivier.

Stygian Abyss

18 Apr 2021

Hi Marcos,
Would it be possible to add a few CV inputs to Delta and have the incoming CV values available as additional tests in the If node ? This would allow Delta to communicate with CV generating devices for even more possibilities.

Socram
RE Developer

26 Apr 2021

Stygian Abyss wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Hi Marcos,
Would it be possible to add a few CV inputs to Delta and have the incoming CV values available as additional tests in the If node ? This would allow Delta to communicate with CV generating devices for even more possibilities.
I think this is a really good idea and honestly can't believe it hasn't occurred to me. I've been wanting to get better CV support for a while in Delta, but due to its highly dynamic nature and implementation all my ideas about universal support end up being quite complicated from an implementation and user standpoint.

I think starting with something small but powerful like controlling If nodes is a good first step instead. Look for this is an upcoming update coming "soon".
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

26 Apr 2021

Glad to hear this is still getting updated! Sweet! Great suggestion about CV btw!

Billy+

26 Apr 2021

Dame this is still one device that I have always wanted to try but never got round to trialling even though I knew it would be amazing to just have, next time it's on sale I'm just going to buy it.

Socram
RE Developer

26 Apr 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Glad to hear this is still getting updated! Sweet! Great suggestion about CV btw!
Yeah 2020 was a slow year for Static Cling for a lot of obvious and not so obvious reasons, but trying to get in the swing of things. Releasing free updates for a bunch of my recent devices, Optic's is out, AutoLatch's should be out within a week at most, and working on Delta now. Then onto some new things with any luck!
Billy+ wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Dame this is still one device that I have always wanted to try but never got round to trialling even though I knew it would be amazing to just have, next time it's on sale I'm just going to buy it.
Glad to hear you're interested in Delta! It will be on sale for upcoming May Madness, please feel free to trial it now in preparation :puf_wink:
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

mjxl

27 Apr 2021

Socram wrote:
26 Apr 2021
I think this is a really good idea and honestly can't believe it hasn't occurred to me. I've been wanting to get better CV support for a while in Delta, but due to its highly dynamic nature and implementation all my ideas about universal support end up being quite complicated from an implementation and user standpoint.

I think starting with something small but powerful like controlling If nodes is a good first step instead. Look for this is an upcoming update coming "soon".
Ey, CV inputs are important! Do et !~! (Seriously though, CV inputs usable for ANY of the stuff inside would be epic)

I was even considering asking you to create a 2nd Delta device, as a Util and not a player.
THAT's how f*cking awesome I find this device lol!

MannequinRaces

27 Apr 2021

Socram wrote:
26 Apr 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Yeah 2020 was a slow year for Static Cling for a lot of obvious and not so obvious reasons, but trying to get in the swing of things. Releasing free updates for a bunch of my recent devices, Optic's is out, AutoLatch's should be out within a week at most, and working on Delta now. Then onto some new things with any luck!
Billy+ wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Glad to hear you're interested in Delta! It will be on sale for upcoming May Madness, please feel free to trial it now in preparation :puf_wink:
Awesome! Still hoping for a custom delay node! ;)

Stygian Abyss

27 Apr 2021

Socram wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Stygian Abyss wrote:
18 Apr 2021
Hi Marcos,

Hi, I'm glad too see my little suggestion is received with positive feelings, thank you Marcos and all. Another idea I've thought about to use CV input in a simple way could be to create a new type of Switch node, where the active branch is selected by the current CV value each time a Midi event happens.

Socram
RE Developer

27 Apr 2021

MannequinRaces wrote:
27 Apr 2021
That feature is (finally) coming in this update as well, I really appreciate your patience I'm pretty sure I told you a year ago or something it was coming soon :oops:
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

27 Apr 2021

Socram wrote:
27 Apr 2021
MannequinRaces wrote:
27 Apr 2021
That feature is (finally) coming in this update as well, I really appreciate your patience I'm pretty sure I told you a year ago or something it was coming soon :oops:
Wow! That’s awesome. I’m just thrilled it made the cut. Thanks for listening! Better late than never. (high five!!)

Bes
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2021

very excited about this update :) cv logic and a custom delay node whoa !

• Information