Tribute Wavetable Synthesizer by Speo Music now in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Stygian Abyss

17 Dec 2020

Speo wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Unison blend is currently available via the mod matrix...
I realized an additional knob would broke your GUI symmetry right after posting my message. :?
Anyway this a nice choice to implement the unison blend function. Thanks for your explanations.

visheshl

19 Dec 2020

ok so i needed a cut down version of europa when i dont need all the features europa offers. this synth is just perfect for that.

HOWEVER THE GUI is bad
Everything is crammed up into a tiny space its unreadable, everythings so small and tiny. not the knobs but the controls like oscillator 12 buttons etc.
the mods section is downright unreadable.

KINDLY LOOK AT EUROPA how nice and big everything is.

im using a HD resolution, still its so tiny, imagine people using 2k or 4k res.

Kindly Rework the GUI. Make it easy to work with. make the small tiny text and buttons nice and big.

Please rework the GUI. i want to buy this synth, but as of now its not very user friendly.
make it USABLE.
The synth is amazing.

make it bigger, take up 2 units rack space more if you want.
Last edited by visheshl on 19 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

dusan.cani

19 Dec 2020

I was playing with Tribute more and I really love this synth despite its design. I would say it has "juicy" and "fresh" character of sound in general.

And finally, I've figured out how to properly use the mods :mrgreen: . And they are SUPERB feature ! :mrgreen: Once you get familiar with "mods" concept and functionality the new dimension of rhythmic creative possibilities opens in front of you. Very cool modulation patterns can be created by this tool ! I love how the resulting modulation curve is composed by arranging independent envelopes together. Then it is possible to alter the various segments and regions within the resulting curve and you can define custom loop regions. This is really fun and it delivers very cool results ! I think this modulation system on its own brings the new and unique approach. By CV out you can use it also as modulation source for another device in the rack. I've criticized the "mods" earlier in this thread but it was mainly because of my impatience to figure it out how it works. I also wrote that simple LFO is problem but I've later noticed that a simple LFO can be immediately set via the dropdown arrow located right on the mods display.

visheshl

19 Dec 2020

so i cant find a way to cut the sound as in no sustain and short decay.
i was trying to make a plucky sound.
i made a very quick decaying curve in the envelope and in the mod matrix linked the curve to both the oscillator 1 level and global gain. but the sound still remains as long as i keep pressing the key on my keyboard.
theres only attack and release parameters on the amplitude envelope. no decay and sustain.
the sound doesn't cut off witha short decay.
something wrong.

visheshl

19 Dec 2020

ok i love the synth. the best thing is its not CPU hungry.
im buying this anyway despite its gui.
its a good synth.

i understand that look and feel is a matter of opinion and taste, however if so many people here have commented that the gui is not good. then i think the developer should take notice.
a simple black / white colored synth would be much better than this look and feel. at least it wouldn't be this distracting and jarring.
and bigger central display.
nice and big envelope section.
big readable mod and matrix section.

also fix the decay issue, the sound doesn't decay completely even though the connected envelope has flatlined.

EDIT : i had to turn the oscillator level knob down. sorry my bad.
now the sound decays completely.

EDIT : i bought the synth, its a great synth, please update the gui in later versions, i might have overreacted, about the gui, its not that bad, but could be better, really sorry if i overreacted
Last edited by visheshl on 19 Dec 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Auryn

19 Dec 2020

aeox wrote:
14 Dec 2020
hurricane wrote:
14 Dec 2020
Eggplant is gross, by the way.
Hey I used to think brussel sprouts were gross until I learned to cook them properly :D

Have you ever tried pork without seasoning?
dude didn't I tell you to stop randomly biting pigs when you're out for a walk? ;)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Speo
RE Developer

20 Dec 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
19 Dec 2020
I was playing with Tribute more and I really love this synth despite its design. I would say it has "juicy" and "fresh" character of sound in general.

And finally, I've figured out how to properly use the mods :mrgreen: .
Great to hear you're getting mileage out of the mods! By the way, the macro to a/d bug you reported has been fixed in 1.0.2 which will be up sometime after christmas, thanks again!
visheshl wrote:
19 Dec 2020
ok i love the synth. the best thing is its not CPU hungry.
im buying this anyway despite its gui.
its a good synth.

i understand that look and feel is a matter of opinion and taste, however if so many people here have commented that the gui is not good. then i think the developer should take notice.
Thank you for checking out the synth and buying it, even though you had your reservations! You are right - I am taking note.

visheshl

20 Dec 2020

i believe you should make the centre row only ENV and Filter section. extend the height of the second row so the the ENV and Filter section is nice and big. Take the Mod and Matrix section down in a next third row.
so that the mod matrix section is also nice snd big

i made a small mockup of what i mean
tribute altered.jpeg
tribute altered.jpeg (46.19 KiB) Viewed 2196 times

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2020

Auryn wrote:
19 Dec 2020
aeox wrote:
14 Dec 2020

Hey I used to think brussel sprouts were gross until I learned to cook them properly :D

Have you ever tried pork without seasoning?
dude didn't I tell you to stop randomly biting pigs when you're out for a walk? ;)
:lol:

I had some random Mexican food a while ago where the pork was not seasoned at all, they didn't even try. I'll always remember that taste.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
20 Dec 2020
i believe you should make the centre row only ENV and Filter section. extend the height of the second row so the the ENV and Filter section is nice and big. Take the Mod and Matrix section down in a next third row.

tribute altered.jpeg
The question is if that would take away from the smaller synth feel Speo is going for.
I'm not saying your mock up is bad, but it does look a little more like any other big synth out there.

visheshl

20 Dec 2020

i understand the need to keep a small form factor however it should not compromise on usability

zoidkirb

20 Dec 2020

That mock up does look pretty good.
I really don't think the synth feels overly cramped though. Perhaps if the matrix is going to be that big then add extra destinations per slot to make it worthwhile.

Also, I really wonder if it's all moot anyway with the Reason HD update coming soon..

Loque

06 Jan 2021

While the song challange is active, i have a free refill for you:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521178
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

I lost the challenge, so I made a song to enjoy the competition feeling, anyway, great Synth! I like it!

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
06 Jan 2021
It doesn't exist?

Loque

15 Jan 2021

Re8et wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Loque wrote:
06 Jan 2021
It doesn't exist?
The song challenge is over 😊
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

Loque wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Re8et wrote:
15 Jan 2021

It doesn't exist?
The song challenge is over 😊
AAAAhhhhhhhh.... :lol: btw what does emit does??? It's the only thing that I didn't get except for some long call... pretty straightforward and immediate drag and drop goodness!! :puf_smile:

Speo
RE Developer

16 Jan 2021

Re8et wrote:
15 Jan 2021
btw what does emit does??? It's the only thing that I didn't get except for some long call... pretty straightforward and immediate drag and drop goodness!! :puf_smile:
Hey thanks for checking out Tribute and making a mean sounding track with it, happy you like it! Emit is not so straightforward, but it lets you use Tribute to generate new wavetables. This video goes into detail:

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2021

visheshl wrote:
19 Dec 2020
ok so i needed a cut down version of europa when i dont need all the features europa offers. this synth is just perfect for that.

HOWEVER THE GUI is bad
Everything is crammed up into a tiny space its unreadable, everythings so small and tiny. not the knobs but the controls like oscillator 12 buttons etc.
the mods section is downright unreadable.

KINDLY LOOK AT EUROPA how nice and big everything is.

im using a HD resolution, still its so tiny, imagine people using 2k or 4k res.

Kindly Rework the GUI. Make it easy to work with. make the small tiny text and buttons nice and big.

Please rework the GUI. i want to buy this synth, but as of now its not very user friendly.
make it USABLE.
The synth is amazing.

make it bigger, take up 2 units rack space more if you want.

I like the infinite Matrix. It is something nor Europa nor Expanse has.
I also like the big pots. Nice and easy to assign automations on a dark night.
I kinda like the Macros too, even if they are in a separate field view.

I see more stuff it has than its competitors than less..
But I agree a folded gui with buttons would be awesome... I respect your view but I find it usable
already. More buttons or faders in folded would be nice.

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2021

visheshl wrote:
20 Dec 2020

tribute altered.jpeg
I would go with just one section for both env and filter , leaVE THE DIMENSIONS AS THose, and add a macro faders sections wer the filters are.
Making bigger matrix don't cut for me. just my view. But I like it already as it is.

Loque

05 Feb 2021

Man, i really like to play around with this thing. Its really inviting to create evolving sounds with the modulators. Just too bad i often run out of envelopes, modulators and matrix slots :-D I hope there will be a few more in future :-P
Reason12, Win10

• Information